The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Hopefuls 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Oh and that too :/ gave my first draft in a few days ago, final draft due in a few weeks...

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg lucky we had to hand the final draft in like a month ago!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by elenasarah
omg lucky we had to hand the final draft in like a month ago!

Our school isn't great at managing deadlines :/ our EE is due the same week as TOK essay final draft and other IAs. I am extremely worried that some of my teachers will not finish teaching the material lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Our school isn't great at managing deadlines :/ our EE is due the same week as TOK essay final draft and other IAs. I am extremely worried that some of my teachers will not finish teaching the material lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh god, good luck. i'm glad that my EE and TOK essay and presentation were due either in november/december or early january, same with the IAs. but you got this, IB students don't give up :smile: and my teachers also didn't finish teaching the material lol so everyone has to do self study which kinda sucks, but good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi are there any HoA offers to Scottish/EU applicants yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quick (and probably dumb) question: are the 'visiting days' at St Andrews designed for both offer holders and applicants? Because I can't seem to find any days that are just for offer holders, but I really want to have another look around :smile:.

Also if the visiting days are for both offer holders and applicant, are there separate academic talks for offer holders?
Original post by Kalahari99
Quick (and probably dumb) question: are the 'visiting days' at St Andrews designed for both offer holders and applicants? Because I can't seem to find any days that are just for offer holders, but I really want to have another look around :smile:.

Also if the visiting days are for both offer holders and applicant, are there separate academic talks for offer holders?

I have no idea tbh, I think they're for both offer holders and applicants but to have more precise information about it you should probably email St. Andrews.
Original post by Kalahari99

Well there are separate talks, I'm not sure if they're academic talks though.
Cool yeah for those who asked add me on Facebook Joe Winter my profile picture is me in front of a temple and I can add you to the chat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J-Winter
Cool yeah for those who asked add me on Facebook Joe Winter my profile picture is me in front of a temple and I can add you to the chat

Posted from TSR Mobile

How many people are in the chat lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got Economics in St. Andrews.
Conditional offer.

Could you guys give your ratings on Economic in St. Andrews though??
How many people are in the chat lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't counted over 50 maybe ~~80ish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J-Winter
Haven't counted over 50 maybe ~~80ish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Holy that's a lot, is everyone active?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mikhail1710
Conditional offer.

Well done!! 🎉
Are you RUK or Internationl? - am ruling out Scots as its conditional!
Original post by Econhopeful17
Well done!! 🎉
Are you RUK or Internationl? - am ruling out Scots as its conditional!

Thanks man... International... What is your application status? Any offers yet? How good is economics in St. Andrews though??
Thanks man... International... What is your application status? Any offers yet? How good is economics in St. Andrews though??

Well done! SA has a v well regarded economics programme! So you should congratulate yourself!

I am Scots so in the Scots/EU pool and waiting! Have unconditional to 3 and waiting for SA and Edinburgh. Painful as the waiting is! 😭🙈
Woahh... 3 unconditionals is so awesome man. Which three unis are those man? You applied for economics in SA and Edinburgh? or which course? Those unconditionals are like a dream though..... see you there :P :P
Woahh... 3 unconditionals is so awesome man. Which three unis are those man? You applied for economics in SA and Edinburgh? or which course? Those unconditionals are like a dream though..... see you there :P :P

Hi uhm to Glasgow Herriot Watt and Aberdeen. Glasgow is my firm if I don't get SA or E.. but hope I do. Fingers crossed. Yes it's also straight Economics I have applied too. Where else have you applied?
I got econ at university of Manchester also.
Then St. Andrews
I am also waiting for Edinburgh, Economics
Then, waiting for Kings College of London
and waiting for, LSE Econ history

The last two are a result of my ambitious thinking during the time I was applying. :P

See you in St. Andrews :smile: bro
I got econ at university of Manchester also.
Then St. Andrews
I am also waiting for Edinburgh, Economics
Then, waiting for Kings College of London
and waiting for, LSE Econ history

The last two are a result of my ambitious thinking during the time I was applying. :P

See you in St. Andrews :smile: bro

Well Done! I didn't consider uni's outside of Scotland. So well done! Fingers crossed I get an offer! Well done again!
Conditional offer.

Congrats! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending