The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tahmim14
It really saddens me to think that most non Muslims think that the hijab is a sign of oppression where it is actually a symbol of your love for Allah :/

>love of Allah
Really makes you think, huh?
So that's why woman in muslim countries can't drive, and barely have rights.
So that's why they're forced to wear burkas and stuff?
Hmmm...
Really...
Makes...
You...
Think...
Amiright guys?
Original post by QE2
Why not just teach them to be good people, and let them make their own mind up about religion when they are old enough?

Why not just teach them to be good people, and let them make their own mind up about right and wrong when they are old enough?
Original post by Nerry
Wears a hijab for modesty, goes to the concert of a man who sings about sex.... makes sense

Perhaps they were immature teens who didnt understand? Eitherway your right it didnt make sense.
Original post by Carthaginian
>love of Allah
Hmmm...
Really...
Makes...
You...
Think...
Amiright guys?

Did Islam says Muslim cant drive? Thats SAUDI ARABIA they dont want women to drive cause it gives them a sense of freedom.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Sorry for randomly calling you out. But how are your children being exposed to divorced teachers really that bad? are they gonna assault the child?

Given divorce really isn't a thing in countries with a high Muslim population, I had teachers talk about ex partners etc, the point is that everyone is exposed to what others deem as normal, in Muslim countries you're not gonna have teachers who are divorced openly talking about how they're now remarrying, as they'd probably be arrested or fired, but something like that is deemed normal in the west, see what I mean?
Did Islam says Muslim cant drive? Thats SAUDI ARABIA they dont want women to drive cause it gives them a sense of freedom.

So you're backing up a country that doesn't let women drive because of MUH FREEDOM, the same country that doesn't let refugees in, and the same country that sucks off America.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Many Muslims think the hijab aims to desexualise women when it in fact does the opposite. It is the unequivocal statement that a woman is a sexual chunk of meat who must cover herself so that hordes of men don't go into orgy mode and start raping her.

Firstly, many Muslims don't actually believe it is a form of 'desexualisation'. Even if they do, that's not what the main aim is of the hijab, there is a lot more significance to it. Unfortunately, most Muslims cannot actually explain it themselves.

One of the main reasons is, it is a form of identity - expressing your Islamic identity.

Secondly, wearing the hijab entails a lot of significant things, (that not all Muslims may carry out themselves, but is a requirement); truthfulness, trustworthiness, respect, integrity, strength etc. It also signifies to everyone else that this woman knows her worth, she knows her value and she is not a toy. She is not to be judged on how she looks. She, for herself and God, wants to preserve her modesty. It is not signifying that all men are mindless beings that cannot control themselves. In Islam, men also have a duty to dress modestly, and respect women by lowering their gaze, (i.e.: not staring) if they see an attractive woman.

Some may also argue that it is a way for women to be judged for what is in their minds, rather than on how they look - especially in the workplace. (Btw, I know someone will jump in so I'll say it now - no, Muslim women are not stopped from working in the first place. The Prophet's (pbuh) wife Khadija was a businesswoman, who employed HIM.)

Also, rape is an act of violence and hate, not sexual attraction - 60-year-old women get raped. I think what you're referring to is sexual assault. But sexual assault is not necessarily stopped by dressing in a certain way. It's to do with the attitude of people in society more than anything.

Hope this made sense and if it didn't I'm sure you won't hesitate from asking any questions. :smile:

Have a nice day and Peace. :smile:
So you're backing up a country that doesn't let women drive because of MUH FREEDOM, the same country that doesn't let refugees in, and the same country that sucks off America.

Im not backing Saudi Arabia! Why you putting ******** in my mouth?
Im not backing Saudi Arabia! Why you putting ******** in my mouth?

mud-slime
Perhaps they were immature teens who didnt understand? Eitherway your right it didnt make sense.

you're

(Just trying to stop you sinning).
Original post by AishaGirl
Why not just teach them to be good people, and let them make their own mind up about right and wrong when they are old enough?

That's essentially what I think everyone should do, but the rules to go by it shouldn't be so binding and strict, I could save a million lives tomorrow, but eat a bacon sandwich for breakfast that morning and take a girl to a Young Thug concert and smash her back doors in the night before. See what i'm saying?
>love of Allah
Hmmm...
Really...
Makes...
You...
Think...
Amiright guys?

The most ridiculous thing I've seen in this thread are people like yourself assuming that culture and religion are the same. When in many cases a lot of these people you are referring to, unfortunately, believe their backwards practices such as banning women from driving and forcing them to wear Burqas are actually rooted in religion. Or they use religion as an excuse to impose their cultural beliefs on people. This is why a lot of British Muslims are now realising this and separating religion from culture.
Original post by Apocrypha
That's essentially what I think everyone should do, but the rules to go by it shouldn't be so binding and strict, I could save a million lives tomorrow, but eat a bacon sandwich for breakfast that morning and take a girl to a Young Thug concert and smash her back doors in the night before. See what i'm saying?

:eek: can you PLEASE not speak like that I am a muslim girl for goodness sake!

It's hard enough not to think about sex to begin with...

I don't get the point you're trying to make.
:eek: can you PLEASE not speak like that I am a muslim girl for goodness sake!

It's hard enough not to think about sex to begin with...

I don't get the point you're trying to make.

The point is you can be a good person without having to be a member of a religion, and apologies, it was rude of me to provoke such thoughts in your head, however I view them in a different way to yourself hahaha.
Reply 136
"Right and wrong" is part of being "good people". It is perfectly clear that you do not need religious belief to know the difference between right and wrong.
In fact, religious belief clouds that very distinction, which is why some religious people think it is ok to keep slaves, beat their wives, rape captives, kill apostates, adulterers and homosexuals (all under certain conditions, or course).

You claim that without Islam you could not teach your children about right and wrong, yet with Islam, you can tell them that all the things in the above list are potentially acceptable. However, without Islam, I will be able to tell my children that all of those things are absolutely wrong, under any conditions. You cannot do this.
Explain that.
Reply 138
The reason for the Saudi driving ban is because the interpreters of fiqh claim that driving will lead women into situations where they may be exposed to, or susceptible to, haram actions.
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
One of the benefits of free speech is that people can say whatever they want. And you are free to judge them on that, but you are not free to dictate what they can/cannot say.

Then you have Donald Trump.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending