The Student Room Group

Maths c2 help

3cos^2x+cosx+2 = 3sin^2x
Original post by ramshahk
3cos^2x+cosx+2 = 3sin^2x

Some certain identity might help. Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by RDKGames
Some certain identity might help. Good luck.

Oops sorry forgot to include it
-pi <x <pi
Oops sorry forgot to include it
-pi <x <pi

Er... That's not what I meant.

π<x<π- \pi < x < \pi is the domain for the solutions that you need to focus on. It's not a trigonometric identity...
Reply 4
Er... That's not what I meant.

π<x<π- \pi < x < \pi is the domain for the solutions that you need to focus on. It's not a trigonometric identity...

Its a trig question
3cos^2x+cosx+2 = 3sin^2x

3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3sin^2x

3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3(1 - cos^2x)

3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3 - 3cos^2x

You can do the rest from here

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try using sin^2 x+cos^2 x=1 to get rid of sin and see ow far you get from there
Its a trig question

It is indeed. Have you been taught how to solve these?? Because so far from your multiple threads on basic trig equations it doesn't seem that you know how to do these, not to mention 0 attempts from you, in which case I suggest you first learn the content.

Don't just post questions and expect others to do them for you. Just post a question and tell us what you aren't able to do specifically, or post an attempt.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
It is indeed. Have you been taught how to solve these?? Because so far from your multiple threads on basic trig equations it doesn't seem that you know how to do these, not to mention 0 attempts from you, in which case I suggest you first learn the content.

Don't just post questions and expect others to do them for you. Just post a question and tell us what you aren't able to do specifically, or post an attempt.

Yes i have been taught this. Im just stuck on a few questions.. my teacher gave us 80 questions to do which were very hard a level questions
Reply 9
Original post by DamnDaniel2
3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3sin^2x

3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3(1 - cos^2x)

3cos^2x + cosx + 2 = 3 - 3cos^2x

You can do the rest from here

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thaank yoou

Quick Reply

Latest