The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Adult Nursing Interview 2017!!!!

Has anyone had interview for adult nursing interview for Swansea university? If so is there any advice, tips, and is there an individual interview because it states on the website that there is group and individual tasks but doesn't mention anything about individual interview? Also could you give some tips and advice, thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by monicashrestha
Has anyone had interview for adult nursing interview for Swansea university? If so is there any advice, tips, and is there an individual interview because it states on the website that there is group and individual tasks but doesn't mention anything about individual interview? Also could you give some tips and advice, thank you!

For information regarding the interview please get in touch with the department and they should get back to you.

[email protected]

Good Luck!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Yes, I've had one. It's a really relaxed interview, you have a group debate with about 7 people and 2 assessors, then you will have a scenario in their practice rooms then have an individual interview. I was scared but there is nothing to be scared about, wish you all the best. Just be yourself :biggrin:
Original post by Pinkyfeet255
Yes, I've had one. It's a really relaxed interview, you have a group debate with about 7 people and 2 assessors, then you will have a scenario in their practice rooms then have an individual interview. I was scared but there is nothing to be scared about, wish you all the best. Just be yourself :biggrin:

Thank you, what is the individual interview like any tips or advice
Reply 4
I did the interview last year, know about the six C's of nursing, the course, how well you can manage the course/placement/life outside course-balance, make sure that you know why you want to be a nurse - and why that specific area. I found that the interview was much more personal than Cardiff or USW for example. The video is about how a patient isn't really treated correctly and she falls or something, think about dignity and respect, communication, trying to judge how well patients are able to cope when they come onto the ward: e.g. if they need any help or assistance etc. The one to one patient part is where you take details from a "patient", just make sure you are always at their level when you speak to them and be really friendly and introduce yourself first. The one to one interview should take about 7 minutes - I think, so it's really not that bad! Good Luck! I hope some of that helped :smile: When is your interview?
Reply 5
Oh and my only other tip is that after your interview write down everything you can remember, like what questions they asked etc. If you're not
successful this year and will try again next year this would really help!
Original post by ellesell
I did the interview last year, know about the six C's of nursing, the course, how well you can manage the course/placement/life outside course-balance, make sure that you know why you want to be a nurse - and why that specific area. I found that the interview was much more personal than Cardiff or USW for example. The video is about how a patient isn't really treated correctly and she falls or something, think about dignity and respect, communication, trying to judge how well patients are able to cope when they come onto the ward: e.g. if they need any help or assistance etc. The one to one patient part is where you take details from a "patient", just make sure you are always at their level when you speak to them and be really friendly and introduce yourself first. The one to one interview should take about 7 minutes - I think, so it's really not that bad! Good Luck! I hope some of that helped :smile: When is your interview?

Thank you so much, this is really helpful, :smile: I was also wondering how many questions will they ask and do they tell what questions will be asked before individual interview and its tomorrow.
I have an interview tomorrow also!!!
Original post by Sarahdavies1993
I have an interview tomorrow also!!!

What time is your interview? And what branch? Mine is Adult Nursing
It's at 9, in singleton campus!
Original post by Sarahdavies1993
It's at 9, in singleton campus!

oh right, good luck! :smile:
Will be nice to meet people on the 6th for induction.
Original post by afternest
Will be nice to meet people on the 6th for induction.

Induction??
March cohort: induction on the 6 in Swansea.
Original post by afternest
March cohort: induction on the 6 in Swansea.

Fantastic! Well done
Hi. How did you get on in your interview? Iv got mine this Friday! So nervous!
Reply 16
I have mine tomorrow too!! Sooo nervous x
Original post by LucyBxx
I have mine tomorrow too!! Sooo nervous x

Really?? See you there then! Do you know what to expect? X
Has anyone heard back from the Carmarthen campus for adult nursing? I haven't heard back yet so I'm wondering whether the interviews are still going?
I had my interview on Wednesday last week! I am sure I heard your name there!? Have you heard back from them yet?

Quick Reply

Latest