The Student Room Group

Is fighting necessary

If you was getting bullied

Scroll to see replies

It works in some cases but doesn't in others. There's really no one solution to bullying that works every time but in my experience fighting back has a higher success rate than complaining to the teacher/other authority figure. :dontknow:
Reply 2
Original post by Hydeman
It works in some cases but doesn't in others. There's really no one solution to bullying that works every time but in my experience fighting back has a higher success rate than complaining to the teacher/other authority figure. :dontknow:

That's true my lil brother is getting bullied he's only 13
Original post by Anonymous

Sorry to hear it. Such a tender age too. :moon: Does he have a friendship group he can stick with to avoid having to interact with his bully on his own?
Reply 4

Yes fighting is necessary. Tell your brother to be prepared for when the bully next makes any physical contact with him (whether it's shoulder barging or tap on the shoulder). At that moment he should punch him so that he falls over and say "don't ever touch me again you bully". That's the action that will most likely solve this problem.
If you was getting bullied

you need to stand up for yourself if that means fightning then so be it
Reply 6
Original post by Hydeman
Sorry to hear it. Such a tender age too. :moon: Does he have a friendship group he can stick with to avoid having to interact with his bully on his own?

It's ok, he does have a little bit of friends he don't really talk to them though and I think the bullying was in 1 of his lessons
That's not gonna work, first of all it's unlikely he'll win a fight if there's a group of them. And he's get in trouble with school and with the bullies. The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.
Reply 8
Original post by xylas
Yes fighting is necessary. Tell your brother to be prepared for when the bully next makes any physical contact with him (whether it's shoulder barging or tap on the shoulder). At that moment he should punch him so that he falls over and say "don't ever touch me again you bully". That's the action that will most likely solve this problem.

Mum said that fighting will just get you in more trouble, the bully's recorded him and barged him, fightings scary ain't gonna lie I've had fights before, true fighting is the way forward in my opinion
Reply 9
Original post by CraigBackner
you need to stand up for yourself if that means fightning then so be it

It's my brother he's quiet that's why
Original post by Tugdthvshiqhavs
That's not gonna work, first of all it's unlikely he'll win a fight if there's a group of them. And he's get in trouble with school and with the bullies. The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.

That's true if you don't stand up to the bullies they will think your weak and defenceless
Reply 11
Original post by Tugdthvshiqhavs
The best thing he can do is tell them to F off and walk away.

Telling them to f off is an aggressive/proactive move and will cause them to fight him with a cause. Defending yourself strongly is much more likely to be successful.

Mum said that fighting will just get you in more trouble, the bully's recorded him and barged him, fightings scary ain't gonna lie I've had fights before, true fighting is the way forward in my opinion

But it should also take him out of the trouble he's in. Yes true fighting is the answer.
I'd beat the **** out of someone for touching me or someone I care about end of. But you might not wanna take my advice there :wink:
Reply 13
I wouldn't say I was bullied but I have been picked on, one guy took it too far and I punched him full power in the face, he fell down cold but I was nice enough to help him up and take him to the nurse. Since then it stopped and I haven't been picked on.
Original post by xylas
Telling them to f off is an aggressive/proactive move and will cause them to fight him with a cause. Defending yourself strongly is much more likely to be successful.
You gotta be humble in situations like this

But it should also take him out of the trouble he's in. Yes true fighting is the answer.

Yes it will he just needs to man up
Original post by 0to100
I'd beat the **** out of someone for touching me or someone I care about end of. But you might not wanna take my advice there :wink:

Your advice is alright when I got bullied 8 years ago I had to make the bully bleed o punched him so hard in the face and eye made him cry 😎😀👍
Your advice is alright when I got bullied 8 years ago I had to make the bully bleed o punched him so hard in the face and eye made him cry 😎😀👍

Bully the bullies. Shouldn't have to come to that but I always tell my little siblings if someone invades your personal space invade theirs, simple.
Original post by zayn008
I wouldn't say I was bullied but I have been picked on, one guy took it too far and I punched him full power in the face, he fell down cold but I was nice enough to help him up and take him to the nurse. Since then it stopped and I haven't been picked on.

Did you get in trouble and sometimes you just have to fight
Original post by 0to100
Bully the bullies. Shouldn't have to come to that but I always tell my little siblings if someone invades your personal space invade theirs, simple.

Your right didn't even think of that
ok lets get serious now, since most people aren't floyd mayweather you cant just go around beating ass. You have to report it but meantime send your kid to kickboxing classes, real talk

Your right didn't even think of that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending