The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

I have a part time job, will this affect how much maintenance loan I will receive with my parents joint household income?
Original post by Artyniamh
I have a part time job, will this affect how much maintenance loan I will receive with my parents joint household income?

As far as I know, if you are under 25 then your salary is not taken into consideration when assessing your maintenance loan entitlement - it will all depend on your parent's income.
Original post by Artyniamh

Hi,

With your student loans, the amount you’re eligible is based on your parent’s income, not your own and so this shouldn’t affect how much you’re entitled for. Make sure you investigate bursaries too as you may be eligible for some of those and you don’t have to pay back a bursary so they are well worth looking into.

Hope this helps,

Molly
Hi there,

Unless you're assessed as an independent student (i.e. you've lived alone and supported yourself for 3 years prior to your course, you're over 25, or can prove you are estranged from your family) then SFE or the equivalent body will only look at your parents (if a single parent then this will be the parent you live with) combined household income and your own income will not impact this.

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending