The Student Room Group

Let's Be Friends! Introduce Yourself

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joanna_Plater
very different than year 11. teachers are more laid back though which is good.

You have a new sense of freedom. This is it. Life is in your hands now.

No more detentions. No more chasing up every single day.

It's all on you, and you better make sure that you take every opportunity that life throws at you, because I'm telling you now.

You will NEVER have the same opportunity twice.

It may look the same, and they may seem identical, but every time...something's different.

I promise you, do not take this freedom for granted, because take it from me. It will be the biggest regret you have in college.
Hi I'm Roxy! :smile:
Original post by theonecenter
You have a new sense of freedom. This is it. Life is in your hands now.

No more detentions. No more chasing up every single day.

It's all on you, and you better make sure that you take every opportunity that life throws at you, because I'm telling you now.

You will NEVER have the same opportunity twice.

It may look the same, and they may seem identical, but every time...something's different.

I promise you, do not take this freedom for granted, because take it from me. It will be the biggest regret you have in college.

I've had every coursework due in on time.
Im taking every opportunity i can. >even though i wouldnt be allowed<
I Dont want to do the wrong thing so what i do will feel right..
I've had every coursework due in on time.
Im taking every opportunity i can. >even though i wouldnt be allowed<
I Dont want to do the wrong thing so what i do will feel right..

I'm glad to hear this news. Believe me my friend, it will be the greatest thing you have ever done.

How do you mean, you won't be allowed?
Original post by gwaggy
Yes! It's really interesting but might be difficult to write about as there isn't much research or information on those disorders.

I did my EPQ about how appropriate fairy tales really are for children.

If however you do do your EPQ on this, I can always help out if needed as I obviously know quite a lot :smile:

Thank you, that's really kind! :h:

Thanks very much! It's a very good course, I'm yet to start it but I have secured my place for the next academic year haha :smile:

That's cool! What does the course entail?
I'm glad to hear this news. Believe me my friend, it will be the greatest thing you have ever done.

How do you mean, you won't be allowed?

As a year 12, my Sixthform wants us to start looking in for universities. They can give us an oppotunity to go to a university in America. Ive never been to the US before and i've never been on a plane before so i highly doubt ill be allowed to go.

My parents are so over protective too so they wanna know how i am and such.
Original post by fuzz13
Thank you, that's really kind! :h:

That's cool! What does the course entail?

It basically entails a lot of study on the production of drugs, correct procedure of dispensing, and following this, the correct ethics and practice behind it. I will be undergoing a PhD as well after my Masters.

As a year 12, my Sixthform wants us to start looking in for universities. They can give us an oppotunity to go to a university in America. Ive never been to the US before and i've never been on a plane before so i highly doubt ill be allowed to go.

My parents are so over protective too so they wanna know how i am and such.

I will be completely honest with you. I understand the fear of flight, it is something that takes time to overcome.

But my God. If somebody gave me the chance, with professional help, to apply to the USA...I wouldn't think twice whatsoever
It basically entails a lot of study on the production of drugs, correct procedure of dispensing, and following this, the correct ethics and practice behind it. I will be undergoing a PhD as well after my Masters.

I will be completely honest with you. I understand the fear of flight, it is something that takes time to overcome.

But my God. If somebody gave me the chance, with professional help, to apply to the USA...I wouldn't think twice whatsoever

Honestly, i would love to go, i dont think they do the course i want to do, besides the US and the UK teaching courses are different so...
Original post by Kyx
I'm doing Physics. @Andy98 is doing Computer Science. @CheeseIsVeg is doing Chemistry.

We're doing all subjects, but we only have these so far :frown:

http://kyxrevision.zohosites.com

Perhaps @Zacken may enjoy doing the maths?
Honestly, i would love to go, i dont think they do the course i want to do, besides the US and the UK teaching courses are different so...

Yes absolutely. You must be willing to adapt to the change once you get there. And it's a question of how quickly you can adapt to change, and how efficiently you can as well.

What course were you hoping to do? If that hasn't been asked already ahaha
Original post by Andy98
Perhaps @Zacken may enjoy doing the maths?

Original post by Kyx
I'm doing Physics. @Andy98 is doing Computer Science. @CheeseIsVeg is doing Chemistry.

We're doing all subjects, but we only have these so far :frown:

http://kyxrevision.zohosites.com

Could do - what's the time commitment like and what exactly is it? I don't exactly have much free time these days, but certainly enough for a few articles a week if that's all that's required?
Yes absolutely. You must be willing to adapt to the change once you get there. And it's a question of how quickly you can adapt to change, and how efficiently you can as well.

What course were you hoping to do? If that hasn't been asked already ahaha

I would absolutely love to do a teaching course. I would like to teach primary students science or art (or any core subject)
I would absolutely love to do a teaching course. I would like to teach primary students science or art (or any core subject)

I take it that you love spending time with children then? :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Could do - what's the time commitment like and what exactly is it? I don't exactly have much free time these days, but certainly enough for a few articles a week if that's all that's required?

I'm only planning to do a few a week myself, so that's fine as far as I'm concerned
Original post by Andy98
I'm only planning to do a few a week myself, so that's fine as far as I'm concerned

Cool, cool. And what exactly is it about?
I take it that you love spending time with children then? :biggrin:

For the time being, i help with the younger years of year 7 but my teachers are finding me a placement.
Original post by Zacken
Cool, cool. And what exactly is it about?

That's the thing, you decide. Although the first one I'm doing for comp sci is number systems so that one's of the tables :tongue:

But yeah, I'd say start with the easy stuff and work up.
Hey its Tasha :h:
hi
Original post by Andy98
That's the thing, you decide. Although the first one I'm doing for comp sci is number systems so that one's of the tables :tongue:

But yeah, I'd say start with the easy stuff and work up.

Alright that sounds good, I'm up for that.

Quick Reply

Latest