The Student Room Group

DO you like the royal family?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Batgirl98
Personally, I have loved the royal family since the royal wedding, but why do you hate them? I understand if you don't like them - but hate? :s-smilie:

why only since the royal wedding? why such an arbitrary moment in time? do you like people more when they marry people?
Original post by PurpleNerple
why only since the royal wedding? why such an arbitrary moment in time? do you like people more when they marry people?

Because I was 10 when the royal wedding happened and before that I didn't know they existed lol :biggrin:
is my claim unreasonable though?
I mean, prince william got into a very good uni with very medicore grades, like his father. it's the treatment they generally get. why a royal unnecessarily join the army to actually do proper work when he's bum-kissed and pampered his whole life. how would he cope?

No, it's not. It's not vaguely reasonable. Nor is it based on this thing called 'reality'.

You're comparing sets of completely different entry levels because you don't know what you're talking about.

You're taking **** about life in the armed forces because you don't know what you're talking about.

You're offering absolutely no proof for anything you're talking about and expecting other people to disprove you, rather than provide evidence you were right in the first place. You obviously get by on the delusion that you can talk utter bolleaux and nobody will call you out on it. Well, I'm calling you out. Prove what you're saying.
Original post by Drewski
No, it's not. It's not vaguely reasonable. Nor is it based on this thing called 'reality'.

You're comparing sets of completely different entry levels because you don't know what you're talking about.

You're taking **** about life in the armed forces because you don't know what you're talking about.

You're offering absolutely no proof for anything you're talking about and expecting other people to disprove you, rather than provide evidence you were right in the first place. You obviously get by on the delusion that you can talk utter bolleaux and nobody will call you out on it. Well, I'm calling you out. Prove what you're saying.

you want me to prove that the royals are pampered?
Original post by Batgirl98
Because I was 10 when the royal wedding happened and before that I didn't know they existed lol :biggrin:

what made you like them after you realised they existed though
you want me to prove that the royals are pampered?

Proving any of the drivel you've spouted would be a start.

Was his university entry completely 'unfair'?
Did either of them serve in some half-arsed manner where they didn't do any real work?
Original post by Drewski
Proving any of the drivel you've spouted would be a start.

it's fascinating how angry I've made you, isn't it?
I mean, shots fired. how dare I offend the royals, right?

Was his university entry completely 'unfair'?
Did either of them serve in some half-arsed manner where they didn't do any real work?

well, I'm now going to guess that you're going to tell me that getting into a university that requires A grades is "fair" if one gets a B and a C only alongside some other mystical quality that apparently only the royals possess. I wonder what that quality is.

and I never claimed that it was a fact. I merely implied that it was probably the case based on their lifestyles. why would a royal join the army other than for the reputation side of it? and how would a military officier really be able to treat a prince impartially and without privilege? the army is meant to be serving the royal family so obviously there are issues that will very likely arise. but, again, I'm expecting a very high threshold of what can be supposed. i.e. only the most strict supply of evidence will do for you. because you really like the royals, I take it. I don't know why you're being like this with the royals - I mean, are you really saying that they don't get *generally* privileged treatment in life? honestly?
well, I'm now going to guess that you're going to tell me that getting into a university that requires A grades is "fair" if one gets a B and a C based on some other mystical quality that apparently only the royals possess. I wonder what that quality is.

Actually, it's based on the fact that entry for that course that year was BBC.

"He will go up in the autumn of 2001, reading for a four year history of art honours degree. The entry requirements are normally two Bs and a C."

and I never claimed that it was a fact. I merely implied that it was probably the case based on their lifestyles. why would a royal join the army other than for the reputation side of it? and how would a military officier really be able to treat a prince impartially and without privilege? the army is meant to be serving the royal family so obviously there are issues that will very likely arise. but, again, I'm expecting a very high threshold of what can be supposed. i.e. only the most strict supply of evidence will do for you. because you really like the royals, I take it. I don't know why you're being like this with the royals - I mean, are you really saying that they don't get *generally* privileged treatment in life? honestly?

Oh. Implication. Well that's fine. I can imply you're someone who has an inappropriate relationship with your mother. But because I'm not saying that's fact, I can get away with it. Good to know.

Actually, my objection is based on the fact that I, unlike you, have been in the armed forces. I know what the atmosphere is like. I saw one of the brothers in action.
You, on the other hand, are basing your knowledge on some weird hybrid of full metal jacket and bad lads army, assuming that that's what the military is because you don't know better.

Nobody in this world should be, or is, immune to criticism. When it's deserved, it's handed out. Plenty of 'the royals' have been pillocks. Andrew is regarded as a grade A numpty, for instance.
But when it's not deserved and is handed out anyway, you have to look at the person dishing it up.

What's your motivation for, basically, making up ****? Things like the university accusations. So easy to find out the truth, but instead you persist that only you could possibly be correct by applying current standards. Why? What's in it for you?
Reply 68
Mixed bag really. Have a great deal of time for the Queen, Prince Charles and quite a few of the women (Anne and Camilla spring to mind) who really do good work.

The Crown own more land than anyone else.

No it doesn't, unless you're going to count every single part of the state as "The Crown". The Royal estates are pretty small. The quite separate Crown Estate is about 330,000 acres. Which is less than, for example, the National Trust owns.
(edited 7 years ago)
I do not even know the members of the Royal Family, let alone care about them :rofl:
The queen wanted Brexit and supports Arsenal. What's not to like? :P
what made you like them after you realised they existed though

I think it was because it's so special to have a monarchy and the queen's face is on money etc. also after that Prince George and Princess Charlotte were born and I just kind of got caught up in it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending