The Student Room Group

Is fighting necessary

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
ok lets get serious now, since most people aren't floyd mayweather you cant just go around beating ass. You have to report it but meantime send your kid to kickboxing classes, real talk

He's told my mum a d family serious tings he's kinda fat he's only 13 aswell a bit young
Original post by Anonymous
He's told my mum a d family serious tings he's kinda fat he's only 13 aswell a bit young

first of all your family's gonna have to jump in. Show up to school lit all the way. Those teachers will listen and so will those parents.

This might sound mental as I probably always do around here but several times in my distant and recent past I've threatened parents of bullies to keep their hands off my siblings, and I threw someone down the steps when I was like 12 myself, and couple wks ago actually I went down to my siblings school and had an altercation with the staff for something negligent they did that couldve put my brother and sis in danger. I also along with other big lads had to drag a mate away from a bad kid and his guardian or whoever it was, who was identified as the bully that kept beating up his son. He had everybody shook that day :rofl:

Ok so basically tl;dr you gotta pretend to be psycho when it comes to confronting others about the welfare of your kids, meantime teaching them to defend themselves.
Reply 22
Did you get in trouble and sometimes you just have to fight

I got in trouble and the timing was awful, my parents and school governors were due a panel meeting the next day (long story) but in the end I think it's what got me kicked out although it was always gonna happen tbh, I just made the decision eaiser… but 6 months later they let me back in so the consequences of that + everything else wasn't much… I'd say it happened for the best. Exactly, sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't hold it back Also i don't like fights, I wouldn't advise you to get in one but then again I'd advise you to stand up for yourself
Original post by 0to100
first of all your family's gonna have to jump in. Show up to school lit all the way. Those teachers will listen and so will those parents.

This might sound mental as I probably always do around here but several times in my distant and recent past I've threatened parents of bullies to keep their hands off my siblings, and I threw someone down the steps when I was like 12 myself, and couple wks ago actually I went down to my siblings school and had an altercation with the staff for something negligent they did that couldve put my brother and sis in danger. I also along with other big lads had to drag a mate away from a bad kid and his guardian or whoever it was, who was identified as the bully that kept beating up his son. He had everybody shook that day :rofl:

Ok so basically tl;dr you gotta pretend to be psycho when it comes to confronting others about the welfare of your kids, meantime teaching them to defend themselves.

My family said to him to just ignore them, it was a supply teacher not a normal teacher, that's mad I'll never threaten parents that's just gonna cause more problems, did you get in trouble when I was like 5 yeah I pushed a girl down the stairs wasnt even thinking lol, I'll ride for my family anyday that's famo no 1 Fs with family, I would of done the same I know a couple of older guys 25+ 😎

That's true you gotta act Tahoe I had bullies shook when I switched all bullies are cowards
My family said to him to just ignore them, it was a supply teacher not a normal teacher, that's mad I'll never threaten parents that's just gonna cause more problems, did you get in trouble when I was like 5 yeah I pushed a girl down the stairs wasnt even thinking lol, I'll ride for my family anyday that's famo no 1 Fs with family, I would of done the same I know a couple of older guys 25+ 😎

That's true you gotta act Tahoe I had bullies shook when I switched all bullies are cowards

well I threatened em, for condoning their kids behaviour by not disciplining em properly, and it didnt cause problems, why would it cause problems? they're the ones in the wrong and are never prepared for comebacks and retaliations, that's what gets me
Original post by 0to100
well I threatened em, for condoning their kids behaviour by not disciplining em properly, and it didnt cause problems, why would it cause problems? they're the ones in the wrong and are never prepared for comebacks and retaliations, that's what gets me

That's true that's the way i think, if you cuss someone be prepared to get cussed back it's tick for tack
Not going for them only emboldens the bullies to carry on. Just send him to Boxing or MMA classes.
Original post by zayn008
I got in trouble and the timing was awful, my parents and school governors were due a panel meeting the next day (long story) but in the end I think it's what got me kicked out although it was always gonna happen tbh, I just made the decision eaiser… but 6 months later they let me back in so the consequences of that + everything else wasn't much… I'd say it happened for the best. Exactly, sometimes no matter how hard you try you can't hold it back Also i don't like fights, I wouldn't advise you to get in one but then again I'd advise you to stand up for yourself

Having fights in school is nothing I got in trouble with my head of year over 8 years ago I made the boy cry I got in trouble but didn't really care much, I got kicked out of college for my attendance college ain't for me, that's good they let you back in bet you was happs, yeah that's true everything happens for a reason, same your anger gets the most of you and it's not me it's my younger brother he's 13
Original post by JamesN88
Not going for them only emboldens the bullies to carry on. Just send him to Boxing or MMA classes.

That's true he's fat aswell I don't think he would go tbh
If you was getting bullied

I would just beat the **** out of him but here is what I will do with a bully situation,
I always use something called the "Police Approach" to deal with bullies, here is how it works:
1.Your first move is to ask the bully to stop and to tell them you are making them feel uncomfortable or annoyed.
2.If that doesn't work tell the teacher or other school authorities about the bullies.
3.If that doesn't work which I can 60% guarantee you it will not work then you start to use aggressive force.
4.If the bully bullies you in a physical manner like punching, kicking, spitting, do the same or just land a few punches and kicks to your bully.
5.If the bully verbally bullies you like swearing, name calling do the same or just ignore because the whole point of verbal bullying is to get a negative reaction from you.

If you do fight and both you and the bully are brought in for questioning tell them all the steps you took to stop your bully and I can 80% guarantee you that you will be justified for your fight.
If you was getting bullied

Nope, but if you know you can win, then its one way of sorting it. It is unlikely he will be being bullied if he was good at fighting. Bullies are cowards.
I would say fighting is a must for all boys and men, especially if you are getting bullied. Men crave physical strength and want to show it if they have it.

I think it's especially important for young boys to know how to fight.
He probably won't win a fair fight...

But it's unlikely anyone else will be carrying a trench knife.
drop them and keep smashing there head in while they are on the floor
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
I would say fighting is a must for all boys and men, especially if you are getting bullied. Men crave physical strength and want to show it if they have it.

I think it's especially important for young boys to know how to fight.

Fighting is important, it's the consequences that I'm worried for my brother what would his family say, he would just get in more trouble what if the bullies gang up on him and bring weapons in school
Original post by Notorious AHIG
He probably won't win a fair fight...

But it's unlikely anyone else will be carrying a trench knife.

True even if he gets beaten up it shows that he ain't a pussie and who knows the boys are around 12/13 any things possible they could bring flick knives in school
Original post by Sixpostsandout
drop them and keep smashing there head in while they are on the floor

😂 that will just get him expelled and police might get involved n **** lmao
Original post by 999tigger
Nope, but if you know you can win, then its one way of sorting it. It is unlikely he will be being bullied if he was good at fighting. Bullies are cowards.

Fighting is unpreditcable someone might look weak and you find out there really strong and true everyone would be scared of him they wouldn't dare F with him
Fighting is unpreditcable someone might look weak and you find out there really strong and true everyone would be scared of him they wouldn't dare F with him

Clearly he isnt able to project that otherwise they wouldnt dare mess with him. If hes being bullied so badly, collect evidence then tell an adult.
Original post by The Great
I would just beat the **** out of him but here is what I will do with a bully situation,
I always use something called the "Police Approach" to deal with bullies, here is how it works:
1.Your first move is to ask the bully to stop and to tell them you are making them feel uncomfortable or annoyed.
2.If that doesn't work tell the teacher or other school authorities about the bullies.
3.If that doesn't work which I can 60% guarantee you it will not work then you start to use aggressive force.
4.If the bully bullies you in a physical manner like punching, kicking, spitting, do the same or just land a few punches and kicks to your bully.
5.If the bully verbally bullies you like swearing, name calling do the same or just ignore because the whole point of verbal bullying is to get a negative reaction from you.

If you do fight and both you and the bully are brought in for questioning tell them all the steps you took to stop your bully and I can 80% guarantee you that you will be justified for your fight.

Didn't even know about the police report thanks for telling me seems like the best way of sorting things out and it's not me it's my 13 year old bro the bullies recorded him and his friend they called him names and pushed him, should I go to my brothers school tommorrow or leave it

Quick Reply

Latest