The Student Room Group

Barts and the London- 2017 Entry Applicants for Medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hannahk999
Hi,
I am in Year 11 and want to go into Dentistry. Would 9A's possibly get me in, in terms of GCSE grades.

This is a thread for medicine at Barts 😂 search the dentistry threads?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crystalni
Had mine, I feel it was awful... one interviewer was grilling me on every single thing I said :frown:

Don't worry! Which panel were you in?
Original post by mithi98
Don't worry! Which panel were you in?

B... it really was frightful though one interviewer was literally laughing while I was talking and I don't think I said anything so outrageously wrong for every question :frown: I felt like he was trying to corner me and make me crack or something it was weird
I was on Panel B at 9:25 today. Everyone was really nice! There were 3 people on my panel and they were all really nice to me, there was lots of smiling and nodding so I think that's a good sign.

For anyone worrying, don't be. Just get there in good time and have a chat with the students beforehand to calm your nerves.

They didn't ask any really difficult abstract questions so don't worry too much about that, I can guarantee you'll always be able to find something to say.

Good luck!
Original post by JustThatStudent
I was on Panel B at 9:25 today. Everyone was really nice! There were 3 people on my panel and they were all really nice to me, there was lots of smiling and nodding so I think that's a good sign.

For anyone worrying, don't be. Just get there in good time and have a chat with the students beforehand to calm your nerves.

They didn't ask any really difficult abstract questions so don't worry too much about that, I can guarantee you'll always be able to find something to say.

Good luck!

That's good to hear! Mine is on Thursday and I'm just freaking out as it's my first interview...
My interviewers kept smirking at each other?? -.- what does that mean lol
Original post by mithi98
That's good to hear! Mine is on Thursday and I'm just freaking out as it's my first interview...

It's a good thing that Bart's is your first, it's pretty standard as interviews go. They don't try to catch you out, its pretty much what you'd expect.

The first interview is always the most nerve-racking, but once you know the drill the next ones come more naturally.

You'll be fine, deep breaths! :h:
It's a good thing that Bart's is your first, it's pretty standard as interviews go. They don't try to catch you out, its pretty much what you'd expect.

The first interview is always the most nerve-racking, but once you know the drill the next ones come more naturally.

You'll be fine, deep breaths! :h:

Hopefully it goes well :smile:
Got mine at in about 4 hours with Panel D. Anyone know what they're like?
Reply 1229
Got mine today 15:25 Panel A! Fml
Original post by J-medic77
Got mine at in about 4 hours with Panel D. Anyone know what they're like?

Panels change everyday and also halfway through the day so there is no 'panel blah is always nicer than panel blah'
If anyone had a 9:25 or 9:50 slot this morning, I was the girl who came out crying hahaha
Original post by itsjustaneesa
Oh I was in the 9:25am slot, are you okay? :frown:(((

Yeah I'm fine! I woke up at 2 am this morning and was on a coach to get to London so I was super exhausted + I felt sick during the interview so I didn't give the answers I wanted to! My silly crying was just all my frustration and tiredness coming out :P How did your interview go? :smile:
Reply 1233
is barts going to look at our grades/ukcat after the interview, or is our interview score what matters at this stage?
Interview tomorrow!
Do we have to bring only the passport?
Original post by juliethecool
If anyone had a 9:25 or 9:50 slot this morning, I was the girl who came out crying hahaha

:frown: interviews are incredibly stressful, don't beat yourself up about it! I hope you feel better; have you got other interviews?
I once did an interview at Keele, travelling from abroad, my flight was delayed 4 hours and then I left my documents on the bus in England. I had to wait till the next bus trip to pick them up again so I ended up going to bed at 5am, up at 7 for my morning interview. Safe to say, I know how you feel!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1236
How do they score the interview??
Original post by mithi98
Interview tomorrow!
Do we have to bring only the passport?

Yep.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why they ask about your ethnicity at the interview?
Original post by 11...
is barts going to look at our grades/ukcat after the interview, or is our interview score what matters at this stage?

What I understand is that at the interview stage, everyone is at the same level and the decision is made solely based on interview scores.
Yep.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know why they ask about your ethnicity at the interview?

It could be to monitor the range of applicants and make sure they are not discriminating against a certain group of people.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending