The Student Room Group

Application sent off but want to change choices? Please help!

Hey,

I have applied for 5 universities and I have sent my ucas application off but now due to certain circumstances I now need to change my choices as there are only a few ones I can apply to as I am not able to move away now, is there anyway of applying to more or will I need to completely withdraw my application?

If I do withdraw my application can I apply again? How does it all work?

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaymxs
Hey,

I have applied for 5 universities and I have sent my ucas application off but now due to certain circumstances I now need to change my choices as there are only a few ones I can apply to as I am not able to move away now, is there anyway of applying to more or will I need to completely withdraw my application?

If I do withdraw my application can I apply again? How does it all work?

Thank you!

When did you send your application off?
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
When did you send your application off?

Around November!
Original post by jaymxs
Around November!

What you would have to do is to withdraw from your choices/reject any offers but don't withdraw your ucas application entirely and then you can go through ucas extra when it opens on the 25th of this month.
Reply 4
What you would have to do is to withdraw from your choices/reject any offers but don't withdraw your ucas application entirely and then you can go through ucas extra when it opens on the 25th of this month.

Okay brilliant thank you!

What exactly is UCAS extra?
Original post by jaymxs
Okay brilliant thank you!

What exactly is UCAS extra?

It's a service where you apply to one choice at a time, when you didnt get or didnt want to accept any of the offers from your original five choices.
Reply 6
It's a service where you apply to one choice at a time, when you didnt get or didnt want to accept any of the offers from your original five choices.

Nice one, thank you for your help!
Original post by jaymxs
Nice one, thank you for your help!

No problem :smile: Hope things work out for you :smile:
Reply 8
No problem :smile: Hope things work out for you :smile:

Cheers! If I withdraw from an individual choice will I then be able to apply for another or?
Reply 9
Original post by jaymxs
Cheers! If I withdraw from an individual choice will I then be able to apply for another or?

With ucas extra you would have to withdraw all of your choices, are you still interested in going to one of your choices?
Reply 11
With ucas extra you would have to withdraw all of your choices, are you still interested in going to one of your choices?

I'm looking at my offers now and Brighton still hasn't responded and it's giving me the option to withdraw completely?
Reply 12
Original post by jaymxs
I'm looking at my offers now and Brighton still hasn't responded and it's giving me the option to withdraw completely?

Do you want to withdraw from Brighton? Are any of your 5 choices still appropriate for you?
Original post by jaymxs

If you do that your whole application will be withdrawn and you'll need to wait till next year to apply again.
Reply 14
Original post by jneill
Do you want to withdraw from Brighton? Are any of your 5 choices still appropriate for you?

If withdrawing from Brighton would give me the option to choice another university then yes. One of them is yes!
Reply 15
Original post by jaymxs
If withdrawing from Brighton would give me the option to choice another university then yes. One of them is yes!

Ok so one of your 5 is ok? And have you had a decision from them?

To go into Extra you have to reject all your offers or withdraw from any that are still to decide. ie. you will have no choices at all.

You can't hold an offer and also go into Extra.
Original post by jaymxs

You can only use ucas extra if you withdraw individually from each of your 5 choices.
Reply 17
Original post by jneill
Ok so one of your 5 is ok? And have you had a decision from them?

To go into Extra you have to reject all your offers or withdraw from any that are still to decide. ie. you will have no choices at all.

You can't hold an offer and also go into Extra.

Yeah one of the 5 is okay and I have had a decision from them!

Okay so what if we forget about extra at the moment, and if I withdraw from Brighton will that allow me room to apply for another university as I would have only sent my application to 4 unis
Reply 18
Original post by jaymxs

Okay so what if we forget about extra at the moment, and if I withdraw from Brighton will that allow me room to apply for another university as I would have only sent my application to 4 unis

No.

That's not how it works. You could have made that kind of change but only within 2 weeks of your original application. i.e. in November.
Original post by jaymxs

No you can't do that, that's cheating the system :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending