The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by STEMisSuperior.
wtf are you doing at a drake concert if you wear a religious item of clothing that protects your ****ing modesty :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

This is not the point...
Original post by AishaGirl
This is not the point...

You've ignored the first bit. Drake can say what he likes.

And yes, that is totally relevant. you cant be very religious if you're attending a sex fuelled drake concert. So he's telling them to be free of oppression.
Reply 262
Causalities are part of war I get that, but it's how much of an effort goes into making sure as few as possible die.

For example America recently conducted a raid in Yemen that killed like 30 civilians including an 8 year old girl who got shot in the neck.

I'd hardly call that "doing your best to avoid civilian deaths", would you?
No I wouldn't. It is apparent that the raid was approved by Trump and his advisers without sufficient intelligence (pun intended!). The fact that military sources are taking the unprecedented step of briefing against the Whitehouse suggests that it may have gone ahead against the advice of the military.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/feb/02/trump-approved-yemen-raid-five-days-after-inauguration
Reply 263
Original post by TheProphetsPath
What's the final goal of this discussion? What are you two aiming for?
Understanding.
Reply 264
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Exactly

Are you 2 happy that you derailed my thread?
Are you happy that you discussed topics from yemen to terrorism to opression. You talked about every thing that is not related to the discussion.
Feel free to join in. Or not. As you choose. If not, just scroll past our posts.
You've ignored the first bit. Drake can say what he likes.

And yes, that is totally relevant. you cant be very religious if you're attending a sex fuelled drake concert. So he's telling them to be free of oppression.

The hijab is not oppression get that through your skull.

Who are you to judge how religious she may or may not be? People make mistakes.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 266
One quote to end this ridiculous thread.
On that, we can most certainly agree.
Reply 267
I dunno lol I have much better things to do to be honest, it's just so hard to ignore them when they talk crap :biggrin:

And what should we say about you?
Original post by QE2
Understanding.

LOL that will be the day.
Reply 269
So you argue with a wall? What is the point?

No offence to @QE2 :grin:
With all due respect, we are having an intelligent, thoughtful and fruitful discussion on an important topic.

And let's face it, the whole Drake non-event was past its best by about post #10.
The hijab is oppression get that through your skull.

Who are you to judge how religious she may or may not be? People make mistakes.

Yes I know it's oppression. Thanks for admitting this.

Wtf, she "accidentally" bought tickets for a drake concert and attended? :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 271
I dunno lol I have much better things to do to be honest, it's just so hard to ignore them when they talk crap :biggrin:
I resent that!
Many have made that accusation. None have proved it.
Someone reported my comment. This is very typical of islamic followers as they don't believe in free speech.
Is it just me or was this a post on the insta page 'I'm just bait' :s-smilie:
Yes I know it's oppression. Thanks for admitting this.

Wtf, she "accidentally" bought tickets for a drake concert and attended? :biggrin::biggrin:

I made a typo! I'm getting sleepy. Be a sweetie and fix the quote on your post please :colondollar: I fixed it on my post.

It's not that she accidently bought them, she gave into temptation or perhaps her education of Islam is not that great and she doesn't know concerts are not good to attend.
They have the right to wear what they like, and if they want to keep wearing the scarves, they should be allowed to do so. It's clearly not a security risk in this kind of location, it's literally Drake being his typical arrogant cocky irrelevant self.
Reply 276
The hijab is not oppression
Certainly, it is not always.
But equally, you cannot deny that it is never.

Not only is it an issue that has no consensus within Islam, but it is a symbol that presents mixed messages to the wider world. To ignore this does nothing to achieve either resolution or understanding.

Very few issues in this world are as simple as black and white.
Original post by QE2
I resent that!
Many have made that accusation. None have proved it.

You realise I could be studying or doing other stuff instead I'm arguing and endless debate with you guys :hmmmm2:
I wouldn't be so thankful, people have made you look like a right fool.

How? I started the thread asking for people's opinion
You realise I could be studying or doing other stuff instead I'm arguing and endless debate with you guys :hmmmm2:

Original post by QE2
Certainly, it is not always.
But equally, you cannot deny that it is never.

Not only is it an issue that has no consensus within Islam, but it is a symbol that presents mixed messages to the wider world. To ignore this does nothing to achieve either resolution or understanding.

Very few issues in this world are as simple as black and white.

You guys argue like a married couple :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending