The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AishaGirl
I made a typo! I'm getting sleepy. Be a sweetie and fix the quote on your post please :colondollar: I fixed it on my post.

It's not that she accidently bought them, she gave into temptation or perhaps her education of Islam is not that great and she doesn't know concerts are not good to attend.

Nah, I think your sub conscience is telling you that the hijab is a symbol of oppression

Well she deserves freedom, if she wants to go to a Drake concert she shouldnt be held back because of her religion. If she was a true muslim she would never have gone.
Reply 281
LOL that will be the day.
One lives in hope!

But seriously what is a Muslim doing at a concert in the first place... :rolleyes:

Integrating?

Or you know, having a good time. :s-smilie:
The Hijab like I and many others have pointed out is a symbol of oppression. But to understand that it is indeed this, one must have something called a brain which works in a logical manner. Not a copy and paste kind of mind that most of the idiots who follow Islam have. I leave you with a clip from a man of logic and reason. These are things you muslims know very little about.

Christopher Hitchens on Islam and Muhammad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CADoG-gu5Zk
Before we all pile on the accusation train, let's analyse what was really said.

"I see you 4 girls right there, I hope you having a good time. You got on that hot ass scarf right there, you might want to take this off. You got to turn *muffled* up. You don't need to come out with that sh*t".

Me being a Muslim women who wears the hijab, I can tell you right now in a crowded place like that you'd get very hot wearing the hijab. My guess is Drake was saying "you should take the scarf off, it's gunna get hot in here".

I don't think for a second it was meant in an offensive way. He would have said the same thing to someone wearing a jacket. I think people are looking into this too much.

But seriously what is a Muslim doing at a concert in the first place... :rolleyes:

Genuinely curious- is listening to music/going to a concert actually not allowed in Islam? And if so, why do you think that's the case? Is music seen as sinful/diverting your attention from God?

It seems a bit like anything remotely fun, even if it doesn't involve alcohol/drugs/seex, is somehow prohibited if these comments are to go by.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Integrating?

Or you know, having a good time. :s-smilie:

Or exposing herself to a dozen sources of fitnah simultaneously.
Reply 286
You realise I could be studying or doing other stuff instead I'm arguing and endless debate with you guys :hmmmm2:
Think of it as a gentle workout for the brain. :dumbells:
Christopher Hitchens -

" Faith is the surrender of the mind; it’s the surrender of reason, it’s the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other mammals. It’s our need to believe, and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated. "
Reply 288
Original post by PrincessBO$$
You guys argue like a married couple :grin:
I'm taken, but if I reverted I wouldn't be restricted to just the one! Hmm...

It's not that she accidently bought them, she gave into temptation or perhaps her education of Islam is not that great and she doesn't know concerts are not good to attend.

This is probably going to be offensive but oh so sorry I guess... There is a reason why Islamist terrorists attack concert goers in Paris. Anything fun is forbidden, like all flipping monotheistic abrahamic religions. We must all be miserable. Enjoyment is sin. It is so anti humanity.

Good on those Muslim women for enjoying themselves. :party2:
(edited 7 years ago)
Or exposing herself to a dozen sources of fitnah simultaneously.

fitnaˈfɪtnə/nounISLAMnoun: fitnah

unrest or rebellion, especially against a rightful ruler.

Sounds good to me :top:
Original post by erkutakgok
Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. F*** religion and god, be an atheist.

For a life of existential dread. Entropy strips away everything :frown:
This is probably going to be offensive but oh so sorry I guess... There is a reason why Islamist terrorists attack concert goers in Paris. Anything fun is forbidden, like all flipping monotheistic abrahamic religions. We must all be miserable. Enjoyment is sin. It is so anti humanity.

Good on those Muslim women for enjoying themselves. :party2:

You're not Muslim so I forgive your ignorance.

Original post by QE2
Think of it as a gentle workout for the brain. :dumbells:

My brain gets plenty of workout thank you very much :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
For a life of existential dread. Entropy strips away everything :frown:

...and sadly chaos never comes to order.
fitnaˈfɪtnə/nounISLAMnoun: fitnah

unrest or rebellion, especially against a rightful ruler.

Sounds good to me :top:

Fitnah has lots of meanings this is only 1 of them :h:
Original post by TheProphetsPath
oy listen Dina tokio say Allahumma barik an stop bein jealous :blushing:

<deleted this joke coz it meant something wayyy different to wot i meant lmao>

Why you editing? :sad: I'm now curious :sad: about what u said :sad:
You realise I could be studying or doing other stuff instead I'm arguing and endless debate with you guys :hmmmm2:

Aisha, you have been debating for ages. If you are intending to change their minds, then surely their minds would have been opened by now as these people have been on here for years, literally years debating about islam and all the efforts done were to no avail.
There are much, much more beneficial things to be done. Wasting you time on here with the people of TSR will not benefit you.
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Why you editing? :sad: I'm now curious :sad: about what u said :sad:

No way lol it sounded dodgy as heck when i re-read it.
I actually went to this concert, It was great.

That aside, what Drake said was wrong - period. Whether or not it is appropriate for a Hijabi to be in the audience, thats for another thread.
This thread is disappointing and so was that earlier video that was pointed. If the girls were Muslims then why shouldn't they be there? Concerts are a big part of western life. The people in the comments of the youtube video posted earlier saying "concerts are the work of the devil" and someone saying that people who go to concerts are monkeys (wtf) honestly grinds my gears. Islam needs to adapt for the 21st century like Christianity, this inflexibility really damages cohesion in a time where it is very much needed.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending