The Student Room Group

Paying for prescriptions

I'm a 18 year old student at university I was wondering whether I now have to pay for my own prescriptions because I'm at university?
Original post by Sjrobo
I'm a 18 year old student at university I was wondering whether I now have to pay for my own prescriptions because I'm at university?

Unless you apply for a hc2 certificate because you have a low income then yes you do.
Original post by Sjrobo

When you turn 19 you will have to start paying!
Original post by claireestelle
Unless you apply for a hc2 certificate because you have a low income then yes you do.

Only when you turn 19!

I am from a poor family and got full loans and a 1k bursary every year and I was able to get a HC2 certificate in my second and third year, so it's worth doing.
Original post by minimarshmallow
Only when you turn 19!

I am from a poor family and got full loans and a 1k bursary every year and I was able to get a HC2 certificate in my second and third year, so it's worth doing.

The nhsba seem to only count student proof as school or college letters but then I ve never seen anyone caught out for it who was at uni so you re probably right.
Original post by claireestelle
The nhsba seem to only count student proof as school or college letters but then I ve never seen anyone caught out for it who was at uni so you re probably right.

That's what they always told me in the pharmacy anyway.
Original post by minimarshmallow
That's what they always told me in the pharmacy anyway.

I m a bit non committal with my answer if they re a university student as they aren't too clear about it but never had a patient come back with a fine so it's likely to be okay.
How expensive are prescriptions in England?

We still recieve free prescriptions in Scotland but income tax is being frozen to maintain this.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MathsAndCoffee
How expensive are prescriptions in England?

We still recieve free prescriptions in School but income tax is being frozen to maintain this.

£8 something
Original post by cherryred90s
£8 something

£8.40 per item.

Your prescriptions are free until you turn 19 and are in full time education.

Quick Reply

Latest