The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by studentsixth
That's entirely subjective though. There is no way we will know as applicants what information is deemed sensitive and what is okay to be disclosed to others. If the admissions tutors are happy to give away this information then just contact them. In the grand scheme of things the member we've talked to may not gain any advantages as you said but that contract we signed is binding and If they they find out (even if it's a tiny chance of happening), they are fully within their rights to take our offers away or inform UCAS. We can't just go assuming that it is okay to talk about the interview when it may not be. Overreaction? Maybe. But I see why people don't want to disclose this information.

Yeah I agree. How are we getting judged for not wanting to disclose something about our interview? If admissions is happy to answer that question that's great. But I guess all of us are trying to be careful and fair, there's no ill feelings or meanness about it!!

As a side note. Can we all calm down? This is feeling very "those having interviewed" against "those who haven't". Which is ridiculous if you think about it. We all have the same goal here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's some info on the site regarding stations.
It seems that King's considers your application holistically post interview. Does anyone know whether it's an equal weighting of interview and academics, or is it mainly interview?
Original post by BigGShane
It seems that King's considers your application holistically post interview. Does anyone know whether it's an equal weighting of interview and academics, or is it mainly interview?

No, apparently they've changed the application process this year so we don't really know much.
Original post by hanacigoj
How many of you are still waiting for an interview?

Me also... EU student here
Has anyone still not even heard a peep??? It still says my app is being considered.
Original post by Lostperson
Has anyone still not even heard a peep??? It still says my app is being considered.

And me
Put me out of my misery already lol
Original post by Fleuves
And me
Put me out of my misery already lol

Me too..they said the conduct interviews all the way til the end of March so might be until end of Feb when we hear

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michrab123
Me too..they said the conduct interviews all the way til the end of March so might be until end of Feb when we hear

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked them if they could tell me when the last interview dates are and, if they know, when can we expect to hear something at the latest, so I'll post when they answer
I asked them if they could tell me when the last interview dates are and, if they know, when can we expect to hear something at the latest, so I'll post when they answer

Thank you , I have a high ukcat at 700 so I'm wondering what's happening... I hope we hear soon :smile:
Thank you , I have a high ukcat at 700 so I'm wondering what's happening... I hope we hear soon :smile:

I know that the wait is agonizing, but don't be disheartened by it. They go through their apps in no particular order, so that simply means they didn't get to your's yet.
I know that the wait is agonizing, but don't be disheartened by it. They go through their apps in no particular order, so that simply means they didn't get to your's yet.

Yeh :smile: I'm hoping I have a shot , I've only had one other interview and have no idea it went!!

Before I applied to Kings, my headteacher said that previous medical applicants all got interviewed in March time so I think it's nothing to worry about.
Still waiting as well. It still just says 'submitted'
I must have checked it about 5x per day for the last 12 weeks 😩
interviews go up until the 31st of march
"Interviews are held between December and March, and invites are sent out on a rolling basis. We aim to give at least 2 weeks notice, so it may not be until the end of February/beginning of March that you hear from us. Until you do hear from us, your application is still being considered."

That's what they said. Hope it helps.
It's a lonely life you will lead if you'll take everything as a competition. Just think that some day you may need something from a colleague and he won't help you out just so you don't have an edge over him. Instead, you could try being confident of your interview performance and stop feeling threatened by other candidates.
Any may I say it's not some "massive help", as there will probably be both types of questions and you simply stating that won't save anyone any time.

I hope this doesn't offend you in any way, but working in any supportive environment in the context of asking for a favour does not seem at all comparable with the medical admissions.

Everyone here has put an enormous amount of effort into making the best application they possibly can to their medical schools, most likely yourself included, and as such I doubt anyone would want to compromise their chances of getting in due to the non-disclosure agreement.

It isn't a case of feeling intimidated by other applicants, but instead that it's not worth the risk of losing your place just so that someone can gain a small piece of information that may save 15 minutes of their time.

Not sure why this became a dispute...
Hey guys, some people here have previously said that there won't be a paper outside the station describing what you will do inside and the interviewer will tell you themselves? So does this mean that we won't get time in between stations and simply go straight into the next one without knowing what will be discussed? Getting super nervous
Original post by crystalni
Hey guys, some people here have previously said that there won't be a paper outside the station describing what you will do inside and the interviewer will tell you themselves? So does this mean that we won't get time in between stations and simply go straight into the next one without knowing what will be discussed? Getting super nervous

Yep. Don't worry, I was nervous about this too but it wasn't that bad. :smile:
Reply 1879

Don't worry the timing they reply doesn't seem to matter. I'm also quite high (753 ukcat) but only heard back this week-ish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending