The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Accomodation: Halls or houses ?

Hi, never started a thread before but worth a shot! I have received an offer for History (of which I have made my firm choice).

I don't want catered accommodation but all halls are? Would you suggest Halls or Student houses for first year? I noticed that some houses have up to 300 rooms so I guess they're just as sociable but I assume there wouldn't be as many first years?

Thanks people :smile:
Reply 1
the way ucl describes halls/houses isn't the same as other unis:smile: they use "halls" to mean "catered accommodation" but "houses" to mean "self-catered accommodation". trust me the student houses ARE student halls haha~ almost everyone in the "houses" are first years! so if you want self-catered halls apply for housing
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by amehlia
the way ucl describes halls/houses isn't the same as other unis:smile: they use "halls" to mean "catered accommodation" but "houses" to mean "self-catered accommodation". trust me the student houses ARE student halls haha~ almost everyone in the "houses" are first years! so if you want self-catered halls apply for housing

Ah ok I understand! Thank you so much! Will definitely be applying for housing haha :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by laurajayne2305
Ah ok I understand! Thank you so much! Will definitely be applying for housing haha :smile:

no worries! good luck!
Anyone applied for UCL accommodation, what do you put for the start and end dates for accommodation???? Is it like the day you start your course, or a few weeks before? Also how about the end date???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending