The Student Room Group

There is this girl....

There is this beautiful girl at my school but I have only spoke to her once. I often ask her through text how her day was and what she has planned for the weekend etc. but I don't have the confidence to speak to her in person, I also get really nervous when she is around. I am now beginning to feel that she thinks I am weird as I only speak to her through text. Any comment?
Reply 1
Just take a deep breath and speak to her like you would to any of your friends.
Reply 2
Hello
Do you have any shared classes? Even talk about due work or something to ease yourself into conversation, or keep it simple at a passing 'Hi' when you two meet in the corridor to begin with and slowly add a sentence with time like 'Hi, how are you?' or 'Hey, what class is next?'
try talking to her in person, you can do it! Maybe have a conversation about something you were texting about? I BELIEVE IN YOU X
Try not to put her on a pedestal. She is probably just as weird :wink: just be yourself even if that means being a little awkward 😊 ~Be weird. Be Random. Be who you are. Because you never know you would love the person you hide~ C.S. Lewis
Original post by Tom.2017
There is this beautiful girl at my school but I have only spoke to her once. I often ask her through text how her day was and what she has planned for the weekend etc. but I don't have the confidence to speak to her in person, I also get really nervous when she is around. I am now beginning to feel that she thinks I am weird as I only speak to her through text. Any comment?

Try talking to her at school first. The topic doesn't have to be anything complicated; you could just talk about schoolwork. That way you train yourself to be more comfortable in her presence. When you're feeling confident enough, invite her out somewhere. Doesn't have to be just the two of you, could be a group outing. The point is to become more comfortable around her until you can be with her alone. Good luck. x
Reply 7
Original post by Mananrr
Hello

Hello.
Reply 8
Original post by BookBird
Try talking to her at school first. The topic doesn't have to be anything complicated; you could just talk about schoolwork. That way you train yourself to be more comfortable in her presence. When you're feeling confident enough, invite her out somewhere. Doesn't have to be just the two of you, could be a group outing. The point is to become more comfortable around her until you can be with her alone. Good luck. x

Thanks!
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Try not to put her on a pedestal. She is probably just as weird :wink: just be yourself even if that means being a little awkward 😊 ~Be weird. Be Random. Be who you are. Because you never know you would love the person you hide~ C.S. Lewis

Thanks, this makes me feel a lot more confident!

Quick Reply