The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What am I able to do with a Philosophy and religious studies degree?
Posted on behalf of Sazzy890;

I'm a recent parent, becoming pregnant soon after completing my LPC course (with distinction) but since then I am yet to get into the legal field.
I value home time with my son, and I am currently part-time in a bank, but this has limited career ladder options and isn't something I'd like to do full time. I don't really want to get onto a legal training contract as this will have to be full time and the experience of a TC is long hours sacrificing home life whilst you become qualified.
What options are open to me, what could you recommend...?
What resources are out there for those that still don't know where their degree could lead them? Are there any other links/resources you would recommend?
Original post by CJ
What resources are out there for those that still don't know where their degree could lead them? Are there any other links/resources you would recommend?

Hi,

I would recommend speaking to someone from your universities career service. Also look out for any milkround events. I would also your department if they run any career events or alumni events where you can speak to former students.

Judith
Original post by sarskinz
What am I able to do with a Philosophy and religious studies degree?

Hi,

I would recommend speaking to someone from your universities career service. Also look out for any milkround events. I would also your department if they run any career events or alumni events where you can speak to former students.

Judith
Original post by CJ
Posted on behalf of Sazzy890;

I'm a recent parent, becoming pregnant soon after completing my LPC course (with distinction) but since then I am yet to get into the legal field.
I value home time with my son, and I am currently part-time in a bank, but this has limited career ladder options and isn't something I'd like to do full time. I don't really want to get onto a legal training contract as this will have to be full time and the experience of a TC is long hours sacrificing home life whilst you become qualified.
What options are open to me, what could you recommend...?

Hi,

Have you tried contacting your old uni’s career service? They are often run services to help alumni. Otherwise I would contact a local HE provider to see what part-time courses they offer or ar aware of.

Judith
ent--> �K��z
Reply 7
Thanks to Judith and all those who took part in tonight's webchat. Student Money Week 2017 isn't over yet so go see what's left on the calendar - www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=27532-Student-Money-Week-2017.

Latest

Trending

Trending