The Student Room Group

Paramedic Science 2017 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natli1234
Have interviews at edge hill and Teesside the same week really wanna go to Hallam though? What were your conditions to your offer?

Thankfully I did my A Levels a while ago so I already had the grades needed when I applied.. so the offer was unconditional 😊
Well the rejections are piling up, makes it worse when 2 out of the three were your top 2 choices and the rest were pretty much just fillers :/
Original post by justjoe1208
Well the rejections are piling up, makes it worse when 2 out of the three were your top 2 choices and the rest were pretty much just fillers :/

Have you been rejected before interview stage or after? And sorry to hear this, hopefully you will get an offer
Original post by shannon2403
Has anyone else been accepted for Oxford Brooke's?
Also i had my interview For St Georges on the 9th Jan and haven't heard back, has anyone else?
I applied back in October and still haven't heard back from Worcester so getting nervous :/

I've got an offer for Brookes too. I also haven't heard back from SGUL, but I don't think anyone from the 9th Jan has yet - at least nobody I kept in touch with has!
Brookes was a rejection after interview, Bournemouth didn't even offer an interview, Surrey did but I couldn't make the date so it was withdrawn
Original post by thatabbigirl
I've got an offer for Brookes too. I also haven't heard back from SGUL, but I don't think anyone from the 9th Jan has yet - at least nobody I kept in touch with has!

Oh what do you want as your top and insurance ? And that makes me feel better then, hopefully they didn't hate me as much as i thought 😂😂
Original post by _homesick__
Horrendous. The day in itself is fun, but they watch and analyse you so much. And you have to be 100% on point with your interview answers. i didn't answer a couple of questions 100% how they wanted me too (it was reflected in my feedback) so just got put on the reserve list.

Practically the same happened to me, they also said I didn't communicate enough or show enough leadership skills (which is rather difficult when someone in your group basically doesn't stop talking to the extent it's not even worth trying to be heard over them)
Original post by justjoe1208
Practically the same happened to me, they also said I didn't communicate enough or show enough leadership skills (which is rather difficult when someone in your group basically doesn't stop talking to the extent it's not even worth trying to be heard over them)

Yeah we had a girl like that in our group, I just started talking over her til she shut up but in the cpr task it was difficult to take charge over her although I did try which was reflected in my feedback
Has anyone else been accepted for Oxford Brooke's?
Also i had my interview For St Georges on the 9th Jan and haven't heard back, has anyone else?
I applied back in October and still haven't heard back from Worcester so getting nervous :/

I've got an offer from Oxford Brookes, haven't heard from St George's since interview.
Original post by Tallhart
I've got an offer from Oxford Brookes, haven't heard from St George's since interview.

What other unis have you applied to? And whats your top 2?
What other unis have you applied to? And whats your top 2?

Also applied to Portsmouth, Bournemouth, and UWE. Have offers from UWE and Oxford Brookes. Only interview left is Portsmouth on the 21st. First choice is Bournemouth. Second choice would be UWE or Oxford Brookes, not sure yet,
Original post by Tallhart
Also applied to Portsmouth, Bournemouth, and UWE. Have offers from UWE and Oxford Brookes. Only interview left is Portsmouth on the 21st. First choice is Bournemouth. Second choice would be UWE or Oxford Brookes, not sure yet,

Oh nice, my first is Oxford brooks and my insurance will be St Georges if i get it if not Portsmouth.
Reply 312
Mines 20th Feb so will let you know what to expect! 😬

Ah mines the 21st! All the best with your interview! It looks a little daunting with the 2 group tasks!
Original post by Cer3464
Ah mines the 21st! All the best with your interview! It looks a little daunting with the 2 group tasks!

I wonder how many people are on the same day? Surely the smaller the groups the better because that's less people they need to get rid of
Reply 314
I wonder how many people are on the same day? Surely the smaller the groups the better because that's less people they need to get rid of

Well from the email I'm guessing there's at least 5-7 people on the same day to make a group! Yeah I feel with smaller groups there's more chance of equal discussion and not everyone fighting over each other to speak!
Just realised I posted on the wrong thread, but have an interview at Bradford tomorrow and not sure what to wear! Normally for an interview I would wear a suit, but it has a practical element, and assuming it might be something like CPR, then not keen on doing that suited and booted.

Any ideas anyone?
Original post by braken2000
Just realised I posted on the wrong thread, but have an interview at Bradford tomorrow and not sure what to wear! Normally for an interview I would wear a suit, but it has a practical element, and assuming it might be something like CPR, then not keen on doing that suited and booted.

Any ideas anyone?

As mentioned in my reply to you in the other thread; wear a suit.
Original post by braken2000

Any ideas anyone?

Suit... all interviews I've been to 90% of guys have worn suits and they include practical elements. Take your jacket off if they need you to do cpr, roll your sleeves up, get stuck in lol
Thanks guys :smile:

Not a good time to find out my suit does not fit however :s-smilie:
Hey,

I was just after peoples advice. I've applied to study Paramedic Science/Practice at Surrey, Sheffield Hallam, Anglia Ruskin and Teesside University to start September 2017. I've been fortunate to receive offers from Anglia Ruskin and Surrey but I'm still awaiting decisions from Teesside and Sheffield Hallam.

Intially, my firm choice(s) are between Teeside and Sheffield. However at Surrey, your tuition fees are funded through the NHS as well as receiving a bursary on top of that.

I was therefore wondering given the free tuition at Surrey, should that be the deciding factor for my firm choice? Or have tuition fees not been a major inconvenience for graduate paramedics?

Thanks
Johnny

Quick Reply

Latest