The Student Room Group

How old were your parents when they had you?

Scroll to see replies

Both were 20. Mum had me the day before her 21st bday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both my parents were 35 :smile:
29 and 28-pretty good ages tbf.
Mother 22 and Father 26..
20 something....
Original post by UWS
36 :eek:

Me too lol :five:

Spoiler

My dad was 40 and mum was 29

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
In their 20s
Reply 28
My mum was 24 (my age, yikes) and dad was 29.

Wow. I was her 4th child, couldn't imagine being a mum of 4 at this age. She was 19 when she had my eldest brother, 20 for the second and 21 for my sister. Sometimes I underestimate how brave my mum was. She's truly amazing. :tea:
28 and 40.
Mother: Eight days short of 36
Father: 34

However, I was the fourth child for my mother (her first child was born when she was 23) and the fifth child for my father (his first child was born when he was about 18-19 or so).
(edited 7 years ago)
mum and dad married, mum was 34 and dad 31 when they had me (im 17)
they have been married for more than 17 years as my brother is like 8 years older than me and they were married before having kids
My mum was 42 and my dad was 64. [ Mum born in 1925 and dad born in 1903]. No really. My dad was a widower; his first wife was mother to his four grown up daughters. My mum was still married but estranged from her alcoholic husband.My dad was at first just her landlord. Then they started seeing each other. Then my mum became pregnant. Thought they had better do the right thing and get married, although neither particularly wanted to.
(edited 7 years ago)
My mom was 31 and my dad was 45.
Mum was 33, Dad was 43
Reply 35
My mum was 26 and my dad was 33 I was also the third child so they started pretty early
Mum was 28 and dad almost 30. They got married when mum was 17 and dad 19 after a two year courtship and had their first child when mum was 18, unfortunately he passed away when he was 6 months old.

They are still together now, married for 57 years this year.

I was 23 when I had my first, 26 my second and just shy of 28 my third. I married just a month short of my 20th birthday after we had been together for 3 years.

Seems strange to think that my eldest son is now the same age I was when I had him!
Original post by Jamie_ohara
Both my mum and dad were 18 when they had me

Wow, that is very young. Looks like your parents are very close to my age then. My father was 26 or 28 years old when I was born, my mother 25 or 26. Cannot remember me so precisely.
My mum was 22 when I was born and I'll be 25 this October coming.
Original post by blameitontiffany
My mom was 31 and my dad was 45.

Did he get children before you was born? 45 is very late for the first child, even if in modern times like those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending