The Student Room Group

Drake tells hijabi muslim fans to take their scarf off at a concert!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Asian_persuasion
Well, the Islamic Empire actually went and took over parts of Spain which isnt really Arabia.. And Islam is the fastest growing religion

So at least you don't dispute the aggressive nature of Islam.

You do understand that Islam is the fastest growing religion because it is followed by the most backward parts of the world, with the highest birth rates, don't you? It is inevitable that the children born to such families, often not educated, and brainwashed from birth into Islam are going to be Moslem.
Original post by Good bloke
So at least you don't dispute the aggressive nature of Islam.

You do understand that Islam is the fastest growing religion because it is followed by the most backward parts of the world, with the highest birth rates, don't you? It is inevitable that the children born to such families, often not educated, and brainwashed from birth into Islam are going to be Moslem.

Muslim*

I condemn ISIS but the Islamic Empire was following the Shariah law properly, not what the idiotic ISIS are following. And violence has always and will always will be in this world. Whether its for relgion land food or oil so dont act innocent 😂

Anyways, thats a good way of scape goating. Saying that all Muslims are brainwashed. I find it very hard to think 1.6 billion people and 1 in 7 people in the world can all be brainwashed like this simply.. if that was the case, Islam wouldnt even exist in the West.. i myself can just simply leave my religion and do whatever **** I want but I know Islam is the true path and you have got to respect that.. I still interact with non muslims and that but my belief isnt something which should come in between this. Idc if your jewish, christian or atheist, you are human.
Original post by TheProphetsPath
No way lol it sounded dodgy as heck when i re-read it.

:bawling:
I know Islam is the true path and you have got to respect that..

*Moslem. But perhaps you prefer Mussulman or Mohammedan.

Don't be silly. I don't have to respect superstitious beliefs, particularly when they concern aggressive ideologies like Islam and Nazism, or cruel treatment of people like the Incas' religion and Islam, or punishments for apostasy like Islam.

You do know that "often" and "all" have rather different meanings, don't you?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 324
Well, the Islamic Empire actually went and took over parts of Spain which isnt really Arabia..
Yes, it did, didn't it.
How did they manage to do that when the Quran only allows fighting in self-defence? (And there was the whole of North Africa they needed to conquer to get to Spain)

And Islam is the fastest growing religion
Only through high birthrates. As standards of living, education, healthcare, etc, improve, that will fall.

and many many westerners are converting to Islam
No they aren't (only about 4000 a year in the UK). And about half of those do so to enable marriage. A study (by a Muslim academic) showed that about 75% of converts leave Islam within three years.
And of course there is probably a similar number of Muslims converting to another religion or atheism (it is difficult to get accurate figures because apostates tend to keep their "crime" secret, for fear of reprisals). So converts don't really add anything to the numbers.

so in my personal opinion, Islam really doesnt need to adapt.
Well, it is clear that Muslims are adapting, and Islam must keep up or lose its relevance.

Plus, studies have shown that Islam will be the largest religion by 2030 or 2050
The thing about these numbers is that they are not nuanced. They make assumptions about people's belief, both what they believe and how much they believe it. Whenever studies go into any depth about what people beleive rather than the label assaigned to them by family or state, a different picture emerges. A recent study which took a deeper view found that "irreligious" (indifferent to religion to some degree) was the largest and fastest growing group in the world. This group included people who would normally be labelled as a "Muslim", "Christian", "Hindu", etc, under less sophisticated surveys.

A survey following up the UK census showed exactly the same thing. When asked the census question "What is your religion", with a list of options, 60% chose a religion. When the same people were asked "are you religious?", 65% said "no".

i think so I think it will coexist in the future
I'm sure it will. But how it coexists is the question.
I understand what your saying but I dont believe Islam needs to adapt. Yes those hijabi girls shouldnt be there according to Islam but so shouldnt the non hijabi muslim girls and dont forget about the muslim men. We as muslims do live in the West so we shouldnt criticise others who do things against our religion but rather refrain from doing those things. Obviously, everyone has a choice and I would prefer a girl with a hijab to go that concert rather than a non hijabi muslim because 2 wrongs dont make a right. But I understand exactly what your saying

clearly it does need to adapt because it is creating a generation of confused and at worst neurotic muslims that are in constant conflict with the pre-mevieval edicts that dictate them and the onward progression of modern life.

can you think if any other community has succeeded anywhere being still tied to traditions from the 8th century
Violent, irrational, intolerant, allied to racism and tribalism and bigotry, invested in ignorance and hostile to free inquiry, contemptuous of women and coercive toward children: organized religion ought to have a great deal on its conscience.
Original post by Good bloke
*Moslem. But perhaps you prefer Mussulman or Mohammedan.

Don't be silly. I don't have to respect superstitious beliefs, particularly when they concern aggressive ideologies like Islam and Nazism, or cruel treatment of people like the Incas' religion and Islam, or punishments for apostasy like Islam.

You do know that "often" and "all" have rather different meanings, don't you?

I would say read the Qur'an and then judge but atleast read 88:21-25.. in regards to Apostasy, even Muhammad pbuh wasnt allowed to kill anyone leaving the religion. Allah said he isnt a controller, only a reminder.

And if you dont respect me as a Muslim because of ISIS and all the bad representations of Islam, my views for Christians or anyone isnt changed. You cant judge an entire nation or religion due to minorities. There isnt even a million muslim terrorists in this world right now.

Honestly yeah, I am not even allowed to kill a spider let alone an innocent human being.

Anyways, i have a medical school interview tomorrow.. Might speak to you in a few days if I have time.. Have a good day
Original post by Reformed
clearly it does need to adapt because it is creating a generation of confused and at worst neurotic muslims that are in constant conflict with the pre-mevieval edicts that dictate them and the onward progression of modern life.

can you think if any other community has succeeded anywhere being still tied to traditions from the 8th century

Im not confused or any of those other words you have said. Maybe you dont live in a community where theres loads of Muslims so you are judging from the outside.. Seeing is really believing mate , get off tsr and take a step outside 😂
Original post by QE2
Yes, it did, didn't it.
How did they manage to do that when the Quran only allows fighting in self-defence? (And there was the whole of North Africa they needed to conquer to get to Spain)

Only through high birthrates. As standards of living, education, healthcare, etc, improve, that will fall.

No they aren't (only about 4000 a year in the UK). And about half of those do so to enable marriage. A study (by a Muslim academic) showed that about 75% of converts leave Islam within three years.
And of course there is probably a similar number of Muslims converting to another religion or atheism (it is difficult to get accurate figures because apostates tend to keep their "crime" secret, for fear of reprisals). So converts don't really add anything to the numbers.

Well, it is clear that Muslims are adapting, and Islam must keep up or lose its relevance.

The thing about these numbers is that they are not nuanced. They make assumptions about people's belief, both what they believe and how much they believe it. Whenever studies go into any depth about what people beleive rather than the label assaigned to them by family or state, a different picture emerges. A recent study which took a deeper view found that "irreligious" (indifferent to religion to some degree) was the largest and fastest growing group in the world. This group included people who would normally be labelled as a "Muslim", "Christian", "Hindu", etc, under less sophisticated surveys.

A survey following up the UK census showed exactly the same thing. When asked the census question "What is your religion", with a list of options, 60% chose a religion. When the same people were asked "are you religious?", 65% said "no".

I'm sure it will. But how it coexists is the question.

We have mr smarty pants here dont we. Please send me every single link of all these studies. I am so intrigued 😂 I
Reply 330
We have mr smarty pants here dont we. Please send me every single link of all these studies. I am so intrigued 😂 I
Sure.
But when I do, you have to say you were a very naughty boy to have doubted my word, and that you're very sorry and won't do it again.
Original post by QE2
Sure.
But when I do, you have to say you were a very naughty boy to have doubted my word, and that you're very sorry and won't do it again.

He's not the messiah; he's a very naughty boy!
I would say read the Qur'an and then judge but atleast read 88:21-25.. in regards to Apostasy, even Muhammad pbuh wasnt allowed to kill anyone leaving the religion. Allah said he isnt a controller, only a reminder.

Though I'm glad to hear that you do not view Islam to permit the persecution of apostates, it must be unfortunately said though that however much you may stress your own views to be "true Islam", no doubt it'd be contested by other self proclaimed "true Muslims" who'd view in their own interpretation that apostates are to be punished. Hopefully the former stance gains further ground amongst Muslims.

Honestly yeah, I am not even allowed to kill a spider let alone an innocent human being. Anyways, i have a medical school interview tomorrow.. Might speak to you in a few days if I have time.. Have a good day

As I've already to alluded to in my previous paragraph, the definition of "innocent" is subjective and there appears to be plenty of Muslims who view Islam to justify the infliction of death/suffering upon such individuals as those who leave and/or criticise Islam i.e. apostates/blasphemers. Nevertheless good luck in your interview.
Original post by AishaGirl
Look at the language you're using. You don't show any respect for anyone so why should the moderators allow you to be abusive and deliberately offensive? If you want to join in the debate then by all means but at least have the decency to show a rudimentary level of respect for your peers.

Well respect is earned. You believe that a fictional character (Allah), spoke to an illiterate man and commanded him to write the qu'ran, which he miraculously did without any problems in grammar, spelling etc. This is a complete joke, absolute ********. And then you follow this man, who married and raped a 6-9 year old girl. This degenerates name is muhammad.

I will never respect idiots who believe such nonsense.
Original post by erkutakgok
Well respect is earned.

Which probably explains why your posts keep being deleted :h:

Ciao
Well, the Islamic Empire actually went and took over parts of Spain which isnt really Arabia.. And Islam is the fastest growing religion and many many westerners are converting to Islam so in my personal opinion, Islam really doesnt need to adapt. Plus, studies have shown that Islam will be the largest religion by 2030 or 2050 i think so I think it will coexist in the future 😂 Anyways, I didnt say Mehdi Hassan was perfect. I just prefer him over Maajid Nawaz whom very very minority Muslims actually like. You must be a crazy muslim to actually support him😂 But i agree, he is good looking no homo

QE2 has already dealt with the your fallacious numbers argument. Also, I'm not quite sure why Muslims parrot this whole "Islam is growing so massively" with such pride. You do know, don't you, that your OWN religion says that one day not a single proper Muslim will be left on Earth? :lol:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
QE2 has already dealt with the your fallacious numbers argument. Also, I'm not quite sure why Muslims parrot this whole "Islam is growing so massively" with such pride. You do know, don't you, that your OWN religion says that one day not a single proper Muslim will be left on Earth? :lol:

How is this thread still going?
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

It says that Muslims will rule the world hun x
Original post by AishaGirl
You're not Muslim so I forgive your ignorance.

I suspect you're a troll but if not you are essentially a fascist.
Isn't music haram?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending