The Student Room Group

Michaelmas 2017 term

Hi, can anyone help? When is the last day of Michaelmas 2017 term for law in Cambridge? Am confused as done say it's 3/12/3017 whilst Reading done of the thread, it shows 19/12/2017. Thkns a lot
Reply 1
Original post by booreg
Hi, can anyone help? When is the last day of Michaelmas 2017 term for law in Cambridge? Am confused as done say it's 3/12/3017 whilst Reading done of the thread, it shows 19/12/2017. Thkns a lot

Friday 1st Dec 2017.
https://www.cam.ac.uk/about-the-university/term-dates-and-calendars

Most people leave that weekend.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Many Thkns for yr quick response n help. Can u cfm if Lent starts 15/1/2018 as very confused after reading the thread as there is one page referring to Statues n Ordinaces n mentions Michaelmas ends 19/12/2017 n Lent starts 5/1/2018. Much apprec yr help
Reply 3
Original post by booreg
Many Thkns for yr quick response n help. Can u cfm if Lent starts 15/1/2018 as very confused after reading the thread as there is one page referring to Statues n Ordinaces n mentions Michaelmas ends 19/12/2017 n Lent starts 5/1/2018. Much apprec yr help

You will usually stay in Cambridge for full term + a few days either side. Full term only lasts 8 weeks. Lent started on 17/01 this year so the 15th sounds about right.
Reply 4
Wonderful n thank u so much for responding early, it'll save me quite some money to get my tickets booked now. I really got confused when one part of the thread mentioned school term for a full year uni in Cambridge is 80 days (michealmas) + 80 days( Lent) n the last term 70 days so when u mentioned 8 weeks, it did not add up. Thanks again for clearing up as living within a tight Budget n trying to buy those nonrefundable tckts n really apprec yr help
Reply 5
Original post by booreg
Wonderful n thank u so much for responding early, it'll save me quite some money to get my tickets booked now. I really got confused when one part of the thread mentioned school term for a full year uni in Cambridge is 80 days (michealmas) + 80 days( Lent) n the last term 70 days so when u mentioned 8 weeks, it did not add up. Thanks again for clearing up as living within a tight Budget n trying to buy those nonrefundable tckts n really apprec yr help

People usually arrive the weekend before full term starts and leave the weekend after it ends.
Reply 6
Original post by booreg

You are confusing Term and Full Term. Lectures are during Full Term. Use the dates in the link I provided and allow a few days either side. Most people arrive a few days before full term, and leave the weekend after.

Oops, as per Alow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
My apologies n thanks a lot for yr explanation. Really appreciate it. By the way Wud u know by any chance the nearest place for locker rentals at Homerton during the hols? Trying not to lug too much stuff around. Thanks a lot again for yr help.
Reply 8
Original post by booreg
My apologies n thanks a lot for yr explanation. Really appreciate it. By the way Wud u know by any chance the nearest place for locker rentals at Homerton during the hols? Trying not to lug too much stuff around. Thanks a lot again for yr help.

You can pay to store boxes at college if you're international.
Reply 9
Thkns for ur info. One more thing, wud u know when the college release the keys for the undergrads accomodation before Michaelmas term starts n if one can select the rooms early? Also which bank would be most convenient to open? Thanks again
Original post by booreg
Thkns for ur info. One more thing, wud u know when the college release the keys for the undergrads accomodation before Michaelmas term starts n if one can select the rooms early? Also which bank would be most convenient to open? Thanks again

Keys - up to the p'lodge, but you can usually get them on the weekend when most people attend. I doubt you'd get it much earlier than that. You usually don't select rooms like that - they're allocated by ballot or another allocation process well beforehand.

Banks - really up to you! Every major bank has a presence in Cambridge, and it's a compact city so you won't have to go too far to find a branch. I suggest you pick one you like the look of account-wise or, better, you stick with one you have a current relationship with.
Reply 11
Original post by booreg
...it'll save me quite some money to get my tickets booked now.

Uh, do you have an unconditional offer / place?
Reply 12
Original post by booreg

If you want to arrive earlier than your contract says, you'll have to pay about £17 a night. All first year rooms are the same.
Reply 13
Great help with all yr info n much apprec it.
Reply 14
Original post by booreg
Great help with all yr info n much apprec it.

And my question: do you have an unconditional offer / place?
Reply 15
Yes, Hve already an offer for Homerton. Thanks a lot
Reply 16
Original post by booreg
Yes, Hve already an offer for Homerton. Thanks a lot

Great!

But not wanting to be a downer, an offer is not a place... which course is this for?

And are you booking flexible tickets?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending