The Student Room Group

HCA Training

hi everyone,
I am in the process of becoming a HCA (just waiting on checks to come back) i believe there will be a course i need to complete before i start, can anyone shed any light as i'm quite nervous! the post i have is for Healthcare Assistant - Neuro/Spinal Post Op Unit
any ideas on what to expect would be great! thank you
Depends on the trust your working for. When I was HCA in Cheltenham a few years ago I did a 2 day crash course in basic skills then basically learnt on the job to complete competencies etc. My bf is a HCA in Shrewsbury and he had to do a 2 week course before starting on the ward (even though he'd been a HCA for like 5 years elsewhere!).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Ah OK thank you. I think i've hear people mention 2 weeks so it will probably be that one :smile:
Reply 3
I just wanted to ask how would you start off S a HCA, because every HCA job requires 6 months experience at least so I just wanted to know how would I get that 6 months experience (from Birmingham btw)
Original post by Vista.B
I just wanted to ask how would you start off S a HCA, because every HCA job requires 6 months experience at least so I just wanted to know how would I get that 6 months experience (from Birmingham btw)

Apply for similar roles in Care homes or relate any transferable skills you have picked up from any other job to the role
Reply 5
Thank you 👌🏾

Quick Reply

Latest