fruit when I crave it
multivitamin
soya-milk/coffee

and I don't get any cravings for meat/dairy

If you're Vegan, what do you eat?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Because I like meat and I'm a carnivore who regularly needs protein to maintain muscle. Oh and I know you don't need meat for protein, but it's easier and it's tasty, if it helps I only eat free range.
because steak exists
Because I like the food I like
I like being able to consume dairy

Props to those who are vegan, but I'm not and I'm doing fine
Reply 5
Original post by SCIENCE :D

they may be the remnants of defensive/bark-scraping canines from our ape ancestor
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RV91

they may be the remnants of defensive/bark-scraping canines from our ape ancestor

Vegan is bad.

Paleo diet is best.
Reply 8
I enjoy eating animal cadavers, and I'm not kooky enough to believe in chicken souls so I don't really care if they died for my pleasure.
I like meat so I eat meat. It's as simple as that.

Also, trying to argue that we're not meant to would be foolish considering the fact that we're omnivores.
Reply 10
Original post by Conceited
I like meat so I eat meat. It's as simple as that.

Also, trying to argue that we're not meant to would be foolish considering the fact that we're omnivores.

not really, since all core nutrients can be provided by a plant-based diet except for vitimin b12, which would be found in fresh water if we didn't sterilise it like we do now. (i'm not suggesting that we stop sterilising water, but I am suggesting that a vegan diet is perfectly natural and what we're "meant for" above any other diet)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RV91
not really, since all core nutrients can be provided by a plant-based diet except for vitimin b12, which would be found in fresh water if we didn't sterilise it like we do now. (i'm not suggesting that we stop sterilising water, but I am suggesting that a vegan diet is perfectly natural and what we're "meant for" above any other diet)

Perhaps 'meant for' is the wrong term entirely considering the fact that nothing intended for humans to be as we are now. If that makes sense.

We have everything to kill, tear, chew and digest flesh so I and many others have no qualms eating meat. It's just as natural to eat meat.
Well I love steak, sooo....
Did you just assume my lifestyle. :angry::angry::angry::angry:
Reply 14
Imagine using the "I am a vegan" as an introductory statement to everyone you meet, no thanks.
Reply 15
Original post by UWS
Imagine using the "I am a vegan" as an introductory statement to everyone you meet, no thanks.

you don't need to eat meat

you can do it bro

save the animals
I like meat, eggs, and dairy and really love cooking with and eating these products. Pretty simple. :smile:

I was vegetarian in my teens and attempted to go vegan, but ultimately came back around to meat eating when I was 18 or 19. All the years of rare steak I missed out on. :frown: I'm making up for it now though. :biggrin:
Because God created animals for us to eat.
Because I got really weak and sick just being vegetarian, despite eating really well according to various nutritionists. I never felt hungry as such, just weakkk and anemic.

I actually really disliked meat as a kid too, not just for environmental/ethical reasons but for the taste and texture; I still don't particularly like steak, which seems to be the holy grail of meat, and prying meat away from gristle is super gross....

Way stronger now though :tongue:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Because instead of relieving some farm animals I rather donate directly to charities that help animals that are actually at risk - climate change / deforestation / poaching, etc.

Oh, and steak.

Quick Reply

Latest