The Student Room Group

How much mud is there?

If I owned a farm and started digging, would there just be loads of mud? How long before I hit a rock?
Dig about 6 feet down, and if you don't find rock by then you can lie down in your own hole. Literally dig your own grave.
Reply 2
Original post by prazzyjazzy
Dig about 6 feet down, and if you don't find rock by then you can lie down in your own hole. Literally dig your own grave.

that's not very nice, this is a serious geological question, less hate pls :smile:
Original post by RV91
that's not very nice, this is a serious geological question, less hate pls :smile:

I apologise, but why here? Why are you asking on TSR of all places?
Reply 4
Original post by prazzyjazzy
I apologise, but why here? Why are you asking on TSR of all places?

because google doesn't answer it for me, or my scrolling endurance is not sufficient to find it

i just want to know how much mud there is
Original post by RV91
If I owned a farm and started digging, would there just be loads of mud? How long before I hit a rock?

The definition of mud in geology is an unconsolidated sediment containing mixtures of clay- and silt-sized particles, i.e. particles smaller than 62 microns in diameter. The generation and deposition of particles of these sizes (and therefore mud), largely depends on the types and rates of weathering, erosion and other geological/geographic processes occurring in a particular area, and the composition of the original rock(s) being weathered (as some minerals in rocks are weathered more easily). The amount of mud you'd encounter therefore varies from place to place, so there is no definitive answer to your question :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending