The Student Room Group

How much revision are you planning on over february half term?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rexar
I sit down to do a good 2 hours, yet I only manage to get max 1 hour done. I'm gonna change muuyy ways from tomorrow, I will put all distractions aside and really push myself to actually do what I set myself to do. How much are you aiming to do each day currently, and how much do you plan to do over Feb half?

Yes, your right!!! I feel like it is time that we get serious about these A-Levels and study hard. Hopefully over the Feb half term I will do my best to get revising. Before you know it May will be here and we will be doing our exams so it is best to start early in order to avoid getting stressed! What are your aims and what do you want to achieve? 😃
Reply 21
Original post by fat_pam
But doctor's can't invest, the majority that is.

Finance has good pay, £250K+ for senior roles
entry level around £40-£50K

Doctor's can invest definitely, maybe not as actively but they can still invest money. £250k wow, how smart do you have to be.

But that is is like a private doctor, private doctors charge stupid money and earn hundreds of thousands a year
Reply 22
Original post by peeked
Doctor's can invest definitely, maybe not as actively but they can still invest money. £250k wow, how smart do you have to be.

But that is is like a private doctor, private doctors charge stupid money and earn hundreds of thousands a year

But I mean I have the financial knowledge to really give the boys in Bank and Canary Wharf a run for their money. I have a masters in finance and econometrics and am doing a PhD in finance, I'm so lucky to have that knowledge. I don't think I would invest without it.

I'm sure a doctor could invest, but he would need to have an interest in investing. Not many doctors know about portfolio theory or the derivatives market etc. It's easier to invest when your PhD is in said subject is what I mean.

Yes doctors can get rich, but finance guys can get richer. The markets will outperform everyone in the long run. You can buy houses or cars or gold, but my Apple stock will outperform the whole lot in over a period of 30 years.
Reply 23
Original post by Elena 365
Yes, your right!!! I feel like it is time that we get serious about these A-Levels and study hard. Hopefully over the Feb half term I will do my best to get revising. Before you know it May will be here and we will be doing our exams so it is best to start early in order to avoid getting stressed! What are your aims and what do you want to achieve? 😃

I need to achieve A*AA in my a levels (Maths, Physics and DT) and hope to study mechanical engineering at uni. 😁
What about you?
Original post by fat_pam
But I mean I have the financial knowledge to really give the boys in Bank and Canary Wharf a run for their money. I have a masters in finance and econometrics and am doing a PhD in finance, I'm so lucky to have that knowledge. I don't think I would invest without it.

I'm sure a doctor could invest, but he would need to have an interest in investing. Not many doctors know about portfolio theory or the derivatives market etc. It's easier to invest when your PhD is in said subject is what I mean.

Yes doctors can get rich, but finance guys can get richer. The markets will outperform everyone in the long run. You can buy houses or cars or gold, but my Apple stock will outperform the whole lot in over a period of 30 years.

What price did you get in on Apple? I was in at 120 and its up but not many companies last 30 years at the top bar microsoft
Reply 25
Original post by addingishard
What price did you get in on Apple? I was in at 120 and its up but not many companies last 30 years at the top bar microsoft

$113

Microsoft is pretty stable, nice growing dividend, it's turning into a Johnson and Johnson or McDonalds. Don't expect too much growth from it.

Best growth will be with Apple and Google out of the big guys. Especially Google since people are moving from TV to YouTube.

The only stocks I like on the Dow 30 right now are Apple and Visa.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by zayn008
Right now I'm just feeling so unmotivated and depressed I need a long ass rest before even thinking about revision but I do intent to do a lot like hours and hours a day… gotta make up for the slack.

This was legit me at the end of Autumn term. I was just so over everything - School, revision, people, life... I'm a bit better now though but I just felt so unmotivated and emotional so I know where you're coming from. I'm in Year 12 btw so it's not even that deep for me.
I have my 2nd set of AS mocks after half term so I'll be revising quite a bit. I'm having the first Friday and Saturday off, and Tuesday though. As much revision as it takes to get all my content refreshed. I'm thinking about 5 hours a day, and some past papers. I also have an EPQ to write...
Reply 28
I started doing 5-6 hours a day with an animal or 3A*s , you shouldn't even be debating whether to revise now , you need 6 weeks alone for past papers , I'll have done all the content by the end of this month for maths physics business, new spec too , notes are done by the end of these holidays for physics business and maths I probably won't need them but you should be revising a few hours each day to get Top grades.
Original post by Rexar
I sit down to do a good 2 hours, yet I only manage to get max 1 hour done. I'm gonna change my ways from tomorrow, I will put all distractions aside and really push myself to actually do what I set myself to do. How much are you aiming to do each day currently, and how much do you plan to do over Feb half?

I'm doing AS and I pretty sure the biggest problem is getting started? When I actually start my revision (w/o any distractions), then I can do a solid 2-3 hours!:smile:
Original post by rosie.mn
I have my 2nd set of AS mocks after half term so I'll be revising quite a bit. I'm having the first Friday and Saturday off, and Tuesday though. As much revision as it takes to get all my content refreshed. I'm thinking about 5 hours a day, and some past papers. I also have an EPQ to write...

I'm doing AS and we haven't started an EPQ yet! We have to decide whether we are going to enrol by Wednesday, but I'm just wondering do different colleges/schools start at different times?x:smile:
Original post by romansholiday
This was legit me at the end of Autumn term. I was just so over everything - School, revision, people, life... I'm a bit better now though but I just felt so unmotivated and emotional so I know where you're coming from. I'm in Year 12 btw so it's not even that deep for me.

This was me too!:redface:
Original post by sunshine774
I'm doing AS and we haven't started an EPQ yet! We have to decide whether we are going to enrol by Wednesday, but I'm just wondering do different colleges/schools start at different times?x:smile:

Yeah different schools do it at different times. In mine, we can either do it starting in January or starting in June.
Reply 33
8 hours a day starting from tomorrow (thought I'd give myself one day off to be lazy and just relax). I know it sounds like too much or whatever, but it's going to be divided into small intervals during the day. So I'm probably looking to do 2 hours in the morning, 3 hours in the afternoon, and 3 hours in the evening. I've concluded that with 72 hours I'll be able to fully go over C1 and C2 (excluding the first few chapters in C1 which would be a waste of time to go over). Looking to maybe do 10-12 hours on the weekends, gotta make the most of half term, only 96 days till AS exams start!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Aklaol
8 hours a day starting from tomorrow (thought I'd give myself one day off to be lazy and just relax). I know it sounds like too much or whatever, but it's going to be divided into small intervals during the day. So I'm probably looking to do 2 hours in the morning, 3 hours in the afternoon, and 3 hours in the evening. I've concluded that with 72 hours I'll be able to fully go over C1 and C2 (excluding the first few chapters in C1 which would be a waste of time to go over). Looking to maybe do 10-12 hours on the weekends, gotta make the most of half term, only 96 days till AS exams start!

Im guessing that 8 hours would have to include the time you spend at school? Otherwise I dont even see how that is possible?
Reply 35
Original post by Rexar
Im guessing that 8 hours would have to include the time you spend at school? Otherwise I dont even see how that is possible?

School over half-term?

And how do you not see 8 hours to be possible lol?

Consider revision @

9am - 11am,
2pm - 5pm
7pm-10pm

8 hours, easy.
Reply 36
I will be revising 4 hours a day at the very least, I got A Levels this year and I need to get A*AA at least
Reply 37
Original post by Aklaol
School over half-term?

And how do you not see 8 hours to be possible lol?

Consider revision @

9am - 11am,
2pm - 5pm
7pm-10pm

8 hours, easy.

Well if you say your doing 8 hours a day from tomorrow then yes school (lol). Because the half term is not next week (not mine anyway) so does the 8 hours you say include school???
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rexar
Well if you say your doing 8 hours a day from tomorrow then yes school (lol). Because the half term is not next week (not mine anyway) so does the 8 hours you say include school???

Tomorrow is Saturday and today was the last day of school so tomorrow is when half term starts :smile:

Most people broke up today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Original post by sarah1001
Tomorrow is Saturday and today was the last day of school so tomorrow is when half term starts :smile:

Most people broke up today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, 🙂 I still got one week left so what I ment was applied to my situation

Quick Reply

Latest