The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamiebb1993
Just out of interest, I going told I passed the interview in November and that they would be in touch about a job offer/reserve list offer.

I have actually started a new job in the DfE so I will most likely decline any job offer I might get. But it occured to me this week that I STILL hadn't heard anything. Is anyone else who applied for Stratford, London in this position?

Hi Jamie,

I'm i the same boat as you. Was given the same email and when I ask for further updates they just say "no updates for the time being. Please bear with us"

This was soposed to be my dream job which gave me some sort of happiness in coming into my current role knowing I'd be starting a role in tax (which my degree is related to) has become a nightmare. Checking email everyday but being left disappointing each day. I'm shocked at their method of recruiting. Guess they have no idea when they will offer us a position or IF for that matter. My email is [email protected]

Can I ask you to drop me a email were you to hear anything from then as it would alleviate a mass amount of stress from my shoulders.
I had an email today asking for me to email them my DBS certificate (which hasn't been printed yet) "as soon as possible" - the cheek of it!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TonksNotDora
Oh right ok. Apparently they don't contact your employer anyway. They haven't contacted mine anyway. Maybe it's because it was so long ago they need to confirm you were actually employed by them etc.
I hope everyone hears back soon! I have a months notice period to work so the sooner the better would be good....if you're reading this Ayan....😂

I had a reply from the PEC team and they said they don't contact your character references if you have continuous employment and only your references if there are gaps 😊

Let's hope there more than one Ayan doing the checks lol
Reply 1983
there is one ayan and one daniel lol
Original post by GeorgiosSpy
What do you mean by "I was a bit young for the position".
How old are you? It is no limits for any position!!!

I'm 23, I know there's no age limit just mean that's what I felt like
Original post by hco786

Lol
Original post by hco786

*creepy voice* There can be only one!
Original post by hco786

And one other (James)!!!!!!
Original post by Gibbo267
I'm 23, I know there's no age limit just mean that's what I felt like

So you can have a brilliant future!!!¬¬¬!!!
The plot thickens!

This is the response I received when asking for an update:

Hi ____,

Your file is currently with our audit team awaiting to be sent off to HMRC.

Kind Regards,
HMRC Resourcing Support Team

Any ideas if this means the PEC have been completed successfully? And I'm also a bit sad I didn't get a reply from Ayan 😔😂

Birmingham candidate
Original post by BrumGirl
The plot thickens!

Hi ____,

Kind Regards,

Any ideas if this means the PEC have been completed successfully? And I'm also a bit sad I didn't get a reply from Ayan 😔😂

Birmingham candidate

Brum girl, I'm Birmingham too. Hopefully it means your PECs are done. Usually they finish them and send your file back to hmrc and then hmrc will contact you about the job. Ayan told me my PECs were complete so I'm guessing our files have just got to go back to hmrc now. Hopefully we hear back next week!!
The plot thickens!

Hi ____,

Kind Regards,

Birmingham candidate

Me too have the same email but not from Ayan maybe he had a day off lol
Original post by Riz101
Me too have the same email but not from Ayan maybe he had a day off lol

Maybe he couldn't take the fame? 😂
Reply 1993
Ayan or Daniel don't reply to my emails
I sent my 4th one today
The plot thickens!

Hi ____,

Kind Regards,

Birmingham candidate

I didn't get anything from Ayan or Daniel either, just 'HMRC Resourcing Support Team'. Feeling left out.
I recently had an interview and was just wondering when everyone heard back to say whether they received a provisional offer or not?
Original post by TonksNotDora
Maybe he couldn't take the fame? 😂

Too much too soon lol 😂
Original post by charlotte505
I recently had an interview and was just wondering when everyone heard back to say whether they received a provisional offer or not?

Give it about 10 years and they'll let you know 😉
Reply 1998
Finally got this reply

I apologize that it has taken so long for us to get back to you. Your pre-employment checks have been completed and sent off to the HMRC, you should now just be waiting for them to contact you with regards to an official start date. Kind regards, HMRC Resourcing Support
I'm a little tempted to reply, saying "Ayan, is that you?" 😂

Hopefully not long to go now. We can do it guys!

Latest

Trending

Trending