The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester Uni Accommodation Single Sex Hall (Muslim Girls)

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask how to apply for a single sex hall. I would prefer to live with muslim girls too just because i'd rather not be around alcohol and pork, not due to any other religious differences lol. Is there anyone else looking for the same thing?
Reply 1
Hey, yeah I've put them as my first choice :smile:
What have you chosen?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
This is terrible, especially "Saint Grabiels" why would you go to a Christian Organisation if you are Muslim. British University culture is generally atheist or christian it's about mixing with people both genders. Try Dubai etc maybe, can't believe this actually exists
Reply 3
Original post by jalby1992
This is terrible, especially "Saint Grabiels" why would you go to a Christian Organisation if you are Muslim. British University culture is generally atheist or christian it's about mixing with people both genders. Try Dubai etc maybe, can't believe this actually exists

I've lived in British culture and I am British. I have also lived in Dubai. I love both of them. its just the name of the area and doesn't mean it's a Christian organisation. I just want to be living my next year comfortably and seeing if there are any other Muslim girls who are looking for the same thing as me. As I've already said, it's not about the culture, it's about certain food and drink.
Reply 4
Original post by xmeeniemox
not sure yet wanted something close by. wat course r u applying for.

I've applied for psychology, you?
Reply 5
Philosophy or Arabic studies not sure yet

Oh nice
Reply 6
Haha thank you good luck with ur application n studies! :smile:

You too! ☺️
Reply 7
Original post by psych-2017
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to a
sk how to apply for a single sex hall. I would prefer to live with muslim girls too just because i'd rather not be around alcohol and pork, not due to any other religious differences lol. Is there anyone else looking for the same thing?

Hi; I have been offered a place at manchester and I am looking for the same thing!
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask how to apply for a single sex hall. I would prefer to live with muslim girls too just because i'd rather not be around alcohol and pork, not due to any other religious differences lol. Is there anyone else looking for the same thing?

Hi, also a muslim girl starting Manchester in September, did you find accommodation?
Hi ladies,

I know this post is a year old but i'm looking for muslim female acomodation as i'll be studying for my masters at MMU insha'Allah. I'm happy to house or flat share, if you know of anyone in a similar boat or anyone who has a room to let please message me xx
I'm thinking of going MMU and I'm looking for the same
Did you find any accommodation? I am a Muslim girl too looking for accommodation with muslim girls
Hi Everyone,

Im a resident in dubai and will be moving to the University of Manchester to pursue my higher studies this September . I have a some questions... so what is it like to live in these"so called muslim halls" such as Hartley halls. How strict are they? What is the worst thing that had ever happend in these halls?

Are they mainly Pakistan and indian brits living in these halls ? ( asking this so get an idea of the place's diversity)
Reply 13
Original post by AishaH0202
Did you find any accommodation? I am a Muslim girl too looking for accommodation with muslim girls

same here!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending