The Student Room Group

Architecture 2017 Entry!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GrétaPanna
Anyone else having a bartlett interview next monday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, my DD...
I think she's curious to see the new building. How did you find the extra Personal Statement thing?
Reply 941
Original post by starsfly
November.
But the other people who had the review with me were all international... So u might be so!

Thank you. I've seen others who have applied after me that have offers too so I'm getting slightly concerned. I did receive an email in December explaining the next steps of the process where they'll read my personal statement and then possibly ask for portfolio/invite me to interview etc, but nothing since! I'm not international so I'm probably the "later batch" then :smile:
Does anyone know if the post-interview tour and lecture are optional at UCL?
So DD had her interview at The Bartlett yesterday. Sounded as though it went well and the interviewers were more friendly than those at Cambridge, but maybe a bit more chaotic. There was a lady who joined in for part of the interview that sounded a bit odd, firing off slightly random questions and not really listening to the answers!

That's it now. Just a matter of waiting for any offer and then getting the best grades she can...
Original post by thewinelake
So DD had her interview at The Bartlett yesterday. Sounded as though it went well and the interviewers were more friendly than those at Cambridge, but maybe a bit more chaotic. There was a lady who joined in for part of the interview that sounded a bit odd, firing off slightly random questions and not really listening to the answers!

That's it now. Just a matter of waiting for any offer and then getting the best grades she can...

I had it on the same day, and though I didn't expect much of ucl (not sure why, seems silly looking back) I enjoyed it much more than cambridge! I liked the teachers that I met much more, the atmosphere of the new building is great, I liked the workshops and all.

The interviewers were much more... human? I guess my 'human' feeling is the equvivalent of your chaotic :biggrin: by human I mean I didn't have to pay that much attantion to my sentences to be grammatically correct, I could focus on the topic. (The interviewer's first language wasn't english neither, he spoke it less than me, so) I had the woman too, though with me she was sooo nice.

I had some negative feeling towards London, so I travelled there a few days before the interview, to catch the vibe, and I had such a perfect time there! I am so glad that my mom talked me into travelling there, I really didn't wanted to go. The thrill of the experience also pulled me out of my cam-rejection-depression. I finally feel like I have a motivation to study once again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, I hope you get an offer. Maybe we have to wait 3 weeks or so? Just discovered that "the lady" was in fact the much-loved and respected Frosso Pimenides. I think a bit of chaos, fun and thinking-turned-on-its-head is at the heart of much of the Bartlett's approach. She seemed very interested in DD's love of dance, and DD was worried that she was going to say "perform us a dance right now!". Stuffy it is not!
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, I hope you get an offer. Maybe we have to wait 3 weeks or so? Just discovered that "the lady" was in fact the much-loved and respected Frosso Pimenides. I think a bit of chaos, fun and thinking-turned-on-its-head is at the heart of much of the Bartlett's approach. She seemed very interested in DD's love of dance, and DD was worried that she was going to say "perform us a dance right now!". Stuffy it is not!

Hey there:smile: may I know when did you submit your task?
(edited 7 years ago)
architecture is for n00bs.

become structural engineers - improve ur predicaments.

I am not surprised by their reaction to her dancing stuff because they were so interested in my fine art thingies, they even complained that i'm not applying for art... they even recommended me a uni for it :biggrin: (?) And i was just sitting there, explaining why i chose architecture, and then they were just like 'well, ok, but you are so good at it!'

Don't know what to think anymore... i hope they give out decisions quickly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by littlesnowflake
architecture is for n00bs.

become structural engineers - improve ur predicaments.

Knocking on the wrong door, mate

Posted from TSR Mobile
Knocking on the wrong door, mate

Posted from TSR Mobile

The user is completely ignorant of the hardships and career prospects of architects :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
they even complained that i'm not applying for art...

That's interesting - DD had the same. Hope that's not their way of saying that they don't think one's suitable for the course!
Original post by Zoeeeeeee
Hey there:smile: may I know when did you submit your task?

Late October
Original post by wolfmoon88
The user is completely ignorant of the hardships and career prospects of architects :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well said wolf :biggrin: lovely to see you wandering around here
That's interesting - DD had the same. Hope that's not their way of saying that they don't think one's suitable for the course!

Let's hope so!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by czhang1998
Well said wolf :biggrin: lovely to see you wandering around here

:hi: I'm everywhere! Especially on the bus when I am bored out of my mind xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know someone studying at the bartlett, and his portfolio to ucl is filled with human sculptures that he made. I'm guessing they like when people show a passion towards something, hope thats the case. 😂
offer from UCL (after 5 years of waiting hahaha) :biggrin:
Original post by poopiepie

Was your interview in december?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by poopiepie

Congrats!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending