The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

52% on a essay which is 50% of my grade, will I fail?

Hi,

I got the marks back from my counselling essay which is 50% of my overall grade and I'm really disappointed. I'm only in first year, so I understand this is enough for me to pass into my second year. However, I'm worried I'm going to fail my exam and then I'll have to resit or I'll be kicked out...

I'm just an anxious mess :frown:
Original post by LycanTheory
Hi,

I got the marks back from my counselling essay which is 50% of my overall grade and I'm really disappointed. I'm only in first year, so I understand this is enough for me to pass into my second year. However, I'm worried I'm going to fail my exam and then I'll have to resit or I'll be kicked out...

I'm just an anxious mess :frown:

You currently have 26% towards your final module mark. Which means you need a further 14%, which equates to a exam mark of 28% to scrape a pass. Of course, your course requirements probably have each element must be passed at a minimum of 40% to get a pass overall. But that still means that if you only just scrape a 40 pass in the exam, your overall module grade would be 46%. Which is a pass.

So, in effect, don't worry :smile:
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
You currently have 26% towards your final module mark. Which means you need a further 14%, which equates to a exam mark of 28% to scrape a pass. Of course, your course requirements probably have each element must be passed at a minimum of 40% to get a pass overall. But that still means that if you only just scrape a 40 pass in the exam, your overall module grade would be 46%. Which is a pass.

So, in effect, don't worry :smile:

So I have nothing to worry about and I should be fine going into the exam as long as I study? :smile:

I just didn't want to be kicked out :frown: I'm just a big worrier.
Original post by LycanTheory
So I have nothing to worry about and I should be fine going into the exam as long as I study? :smile:

I just didn't want to be kicked out :frown: I'm just a big worrier.

Exactly :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending