The Student Room Group

Im a muslim girl but

I feel like I can stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc. but I can never wear modest clothing? I know what the quran etc says but like I just idc. I pray, fast, give charity etc. but I just CAN'T stay away from like tight clothes? I don't think a girl should be required to cover up bc it it is natural for people to look etc... my parents & I have v conflicting opinions about this, so I usually change clothes when I leave the house :\
opinions?
no hate :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Well its common for different generations to have conflicting ideas.
Aha I know so many people who change into something else once they are out of their house.
But what if you get caught one day?
It's gonna be bad and messy. Maybe you could try and come to a conclusion with your parents?
I personally would hate disappointing my parents. But then it depends on your relationship with your parents.
And once you are old enough to move out you could always go back to dressing as you like.
what is it you want, praise?

you're entitled to think what you want. who knows whether your opinion is right or your parents. thats the thing about religion, we all have different interpretations of it and who knows which one is accurate? be in charge of your own life
Mashallah you make me proud.
So are you single ? :colondollar: *thirsty af*
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Lyrici3383
Well its common for different generations to have conflicting ideas.
Aha I know so many people who change into something else once they are out of their house.
But what if you get caught one day?
It's gonna be bad and messy. Maybe you could try and come to a conclusion with your parents?
I personally would hate disappointing my parents. But then it depends on your relationship with your parents.
And once you are old enough to move out you could always go back to dressing as you like.

I know, i've gotten caught before so i'm more careful now... i do feel guilty but i just push it away because i think i should have the right to wear what i want :\
Original post by whatfuture
I feel like I can stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc. but I can never wear modest clothing? I know what the quran etc says but like I just idc. I pray, fast, give charity etc. but I just CAN'T stay away from like tight clothes? I don't think a girl should be required to cover up bc it it is natural for people to look etc... my parents & I have v conflicting opinions about this

Your opinion is irrelevant, you pray, fast, give zakat because Islam demands this from you, it also demands that you wear modest clothing and cover your head, so why do you think your opinion suddenly becomes important?
hoe
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
what is it you want, praise?

you're entitled to think what you want. who knows whether your opinion is right or your parents. thats the thing about religion, we all have different interpretations of it and who knows which one is accurate? be in charge of your own life

no obv i didnt ask for praise? lmfao
yeahhh i just wanted to know if people think that i should be listening to my parents like what would other ppl do
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
hoe

gtfo grow up
Original post by AishaGirl
Your opinion is irrelevant, you pray, fast, give zakat because Islam demands this from you, it also demands that you wear modest clothing and cover your head, so why do you think your opinion suddenly becomes important?

i know its not important. i pray/fast and stuff because i WANT to, but i dont want to cover up.
If everyone adviced you to listen to you're parents would you ? :smile:
Original post by Rhythmical
Mashallah you make me proud.
Original post by Fermion12
If everyone adviced you to listen to you're parents would you ? :smile:

i guess i would probs cover up more, idk?? like i wouldnt dress like i do all the time? i just dont know
i know its not important. i pray/fast and stuff because i WANT to, but i dont want to cover up.

Then don't cover up... but just know you're disobeying Allah swt and your parents.
Original post by AishaGirl

Yeah! This!
And make sure you don't false report people!
And make sure you don't put your food next to bacon, otherwise it's absolutely haram!
i guess i didnt think of it that way.. thanks for your input :smile:
Reply 17
no obv i didnt ask for praise? lmfao
yeahhh i just wanted to know if people think that i should be listening to my parents like what would other ppl do

Yes you should listen to your parents, but most importantly you should be listening to Allah.

I started wearing hijab at a young age. At first I found it a bit strange but what made it easier for me was that so many of my friends wore hijab, so I didn't feel out of place or anything.
Plus wearing hijab and abaya saves you time from trying to put an outfit together in the morning lol

There's lot of shops where you can get nice modest clothing from. Defo try them out, I'm sure you'd like them.
Original post by HAnwar
Yes you should listen to your parents, but most importantly you should be listening to Allah.

I started wearing hijab at a young age. At first I found it a bit strange but what made it easier for me was that so many of my friends wore hijab, so I didn't feel out of place or anything.
Plus wearing hijab and abaya saves you time from trying to put an outfit together in the morning lol

There's lot of shops where you can get nice modest clothing from. Defo try them out, I'm sure you'd like them.

Hmm makes sense. I do have *some* modest clothing I like, but abaya is like too extreme for me (even though my parents would love that), i only wear it to like my grandparents' house. I should probably go shopping for at least relatively modest things? that way i'm not 100% disappointing
Reply 19
Hmm makes sense. I do have *some* modest clothing I like, but abaya is like too extreme for me (even though my parents would love that), i only wear it to like my grandparents' house. I should probably go shopping for at least relatively modest things? that way i'm not 100% disappointing

Lol I had a cousin like you who used to wear what you wear, and thought hijab was too extreme, but MashaAllah she now wears abaya and hijab better than me.
Yeah you should. Have a look at websites like inayah and khaadi (if you're Asian) they have nice stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply