The Student Room Group

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Scroll to see replies

also if you're fat
Personality traits that really put me off:
*sensitive
*clingy
*doesn't mind pda
*not smart enough
*romantic
*tries to be weird/different
*hyper
*flirty
*loud/too talkative
*thinks he is good at something he actually sucks at (e.g. cooking)
*not spontaneous enough
*too indoorsy/won't go camping or hiking
*has to be right (because I'm the one who always has to be right)
*tries to make jokes but isn't funny (you're so much better off just not trying)
*uses big words wrong
*grew up with too much money (This one is very tricky to explain and not necessarily a deal breaker. There's a very complicated reason and I wrote like 10 lines about it but deleted it because it's not important.)
*too obsessed with social media
*cared about celebrities too much/knows about their lives (guys are rarely like this so it's more of a bonus point)

Physical traits that really put me off:
*large, obvious tattoos (I sometimes like little ones, depends. Generally I think tattoos make guys look more feminine. I think I'm the only one.)
*short
*on the chubby side (it sounds awful but you asked for shallow reasons)
*extremely hairy
*has that haircut that 90% of guys have now (long on top, shaved on sides - I HATE it with a burning passion, as do a lot of other girls)
*too muscular
*too pampered/polished (I don't know the word to use here - it's what people have started referring to as the metrosexual look)

It's a long list and it makes me seem really awful, but this is just because I'm really not into dating, and I definitely don't believe in actively looking for people to be with. If you find someone, wow, great, that's wonderful! If you don't, so what? That's just my attitude towards it.
I've only ever really liked one guy and he was none of those things. Literal perfection by my standards. So they do exist!

Hope I didn't seem too horrible.
Original post by CleverSquirrel
my friend rejected a guy for a having cocktail sized penis- its not even a joke, anything sexual with him was impossible

"your friend" eh ? :lolwut:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Needs an award. :lol:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5034778/

I AM DONE :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't, and I pride myself on that. :u:

So if you were walking along one day and saw a couple arguing and the man hitting the woman .....and you were walking along another day and saw a couple arguing and a woman hitting a man, ...you would feel no bias either way over feelings to get involved or not get involved?

because I've seen various social experiments on youtube about this and it is very very rare for someone to get involved when the woman is hitting the man, yet when the man is hitting the woman some always eventually gets involved. Lots of people even laugh when they see the woman hitting the man.

How is that 'lol' if you basically admit to being just that. Out of interest, what did you say?

well there are degree's of sexism.

The incident happened about 5 or 6 years ago at a social event. It is a bit of a blur to be honest. All I can remember is saying something to one woman and then another guy saying "you shouldn't have said, it's a bit sexist" ...and then the woman agreeing with him a bit, but everyone still had smiles on their faces ...and no one was actually offended. I can't remember the actual comment I made, but I remember the reactions.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ngl, I'd watch that. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ngl, I'd watch that. :lol:

Same :rofl:

Did You Know?

Trivia
Elliot sold his $300 Giorgio Armani sunglasses to help fund the film
Original post by UWS
What are reasons you wouldn't date someone?
Give the most shallow reasons if you want or general reasons... List them all!

I wouldn't date her if she was a smoker or if she took drugs. Or if she was dead, probably self-explanatory really...

Add a few more:

Bad teeth
No ambition in life
Lazy
Too religious
Morbidly overweight

Discuss.

If they are too friendly :redface:
Original post by ANM775
So if you were walking along one day and saw a couple arguing and the man hitting the woman .....and you were walking along another day and saw a couple arguing and a woman hitting a man, ...you would feel no bias either way over feelings to get involved or not get involved?

because I've seen various social experiments on youtube about this and it is very very rare for someone to get involved when the woman is hitting the man, yet when the man is hitting the woman some always eventually gets involved. Lots of people even laugh when they see the woman hitting the man.

well there are degree's of sexism.

The incident happened about 5 or 6 years ago at a social event. It is a bit of a blur to be honest. All I can remember is saying something to one woman and then another guy saying "you shouldn't have said, it's a bit sexist" ...and then the woman agreeing with him a bit, but everyone still had smiles on their faces ...and no one was actually offended. I can't remember the actual comment I made, but I remember the reactions.

Obviously I would get involved, stop messing around. :colonhash:
It's f***ed up that anyone would hit anyone, never mind their partner.

Ah, I see. :holmes:
Original post by Anonymous
Personality traits that really put me off:
*sensitive
*clingy
*doesn't mind pda
*not smart enough
*romantic
*tries to be weird/different
*hyper
*flirty
*loud/too talkative
*thinks he is good at something he actually sucks at (e.g. cooking)
*not spontaneous enough
*too indoorsy/won't go camping or hiking
*has to be right (because I'm the one who always has to be right)
*tries to make jokes but isn't funny (you're so much better off just not trying)
*uses big words wrong
*grew up with too much money (This one is very tricky to explain and not necessarily a deal breaker. There's a very complicated reason and I wrote like 10 lines about it but deleted it because it's not important.)
*too obsessed with social media
*cared about celebrities too much/knows about their lives (guys are rarely like this so it's more of a bonus point)

Physical traits that really put me off:
*large, obvious tattoos (I sometimes like little ones, depends. Generally I think tattoos make guys look more feminine. I think I'm the only one.)
*short
*on the chubby side (it sounds awful but you asked for shallow reasons)
*extremely hairy
*has that haircut that 90% of guys have now (long on top, shaved on sides - I HATE it with a burning passion, as do a lot of other girls)
*too muscular
*too pampered/polished (I don't know the word to use here - it's what people have started referring to as the metrosexual look)

It's a long list and it makes me seem really awful, but this is just because I'm really not into dating, and I definitely don't believe in actively looking for people to be with. If you find someone, wow, great, that's wonderful! If you don't, so what? That's just my attitude towards it.
I've only ever really liked one guy and he was none of those things. Literal perfection by my standards. So they do exist!

Hope I didn't seem too horrible.

Hey, this is going to sound weird, but thank you a lot for this post. It has helped me figure out a few things about myself and I actually agree with quite a few things you mentioned here. :colondollar:

Let's be friends :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tyler bentham
Same :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

What does your user mean?
My Bessie dumped a guy because his little toe was webbed to the next one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cbreef
How expensive was that vagina repellent you're wearing?

Actually, I am female :rofl:

I just realised that sometimes, I may try too hard, and that I can be too loud/talkative, which obviously puts people off. :h:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo
Actually, I am female :rofl:

I just realised that sometimes, I may try too hard, and that I can be too loud/talkative, which obviously puts people off. :h:

That post was well out of order anyway :rofl:. Even if you were a guy/lesbian, that was too much :toofunny:
They don't have a nice smile (not gummy) / set of pearly whites :biggrin:
Wtf? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1st thread isnt me, 2nd thread is a joke :toofunny: :rofl: :rofl:

Though I have heard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y6GgG74GDw
Original post by tyler bentham
1st thread isnt me, 2nd thread is a joke :toofunny: :rofl: :rofl:

Though i have heard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y6ggg74gdw

what the sh*t balls was that?

Quick Reply