The Student Room Group

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tyler bentham
1st thread isnt me, 2nd thread is a joke :toofunny: :rofl: :rofl:

Though I have heard..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y6GgG74GDw

:toofunny: :rofl:

What made you search that on Youtube? :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by cbreef
what the sh*t balls was that?

Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
:toofunny: :rofl:

What made you search that on Youtube? :rofl: :rofl:

A friend shared one of his vids on FB :rofl:

I cant look away help wtf :toofunny: :toofunny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5y0S4hYRQ
Original post by queen-bee
He's not 6ft+
Doesn't have sexy facial hair
Doesn't have nice teeth lol
Isn't educated
Is polite,kind,caring
Wasn't the dominant type lol

Something tells me these are your actual dealbreakers :tongue:
Original post by cambio wechsel
A cocktail sized penis might be enormous. Were you thinking of a cocktail sausage?

Lolz agreed there could be some serious girth on that and maybe a little sparkler on the tip!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they hate harry potter. I wouldn't mind if they've never read the books or watched it as I could always convince them to but if they don't like it weeeellllll I plan to get married at hogwarts castle xD
A friend shared one of his vids on FB :rofl:

I cant look away help wtf :toofunny: :toofunny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO5y0S4hYRQ

It's so bad. :rofl: :rofl:

What possessed him? :toofunny: :toofunny:
Anyone wanna be friends?
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
It's so bad. :rofl: :rofl:

What possessed him? :toofunny: :toofunny:

Cringing harddd :nope: :rofl: :rofl:

Same reason people share gore on FB I guess :toofunny:
Cringing harddd :nope: :rofl: :rofl:

Same reason people share gore on FB I guess :toofunny:

:rofl: :rofl:

True. :lol: :lol:
I have a great personality if the girls of this thread are to be believed, I think the worst thing is how short I am, I have an imposing personality, a height to match it would have been great.

I don't think I could date someone who watched reality TV, or spoke chavy.
1. Height.
If a guy is shorter than 175 cm (5'9" ) tall, chances are I may not even consider him as I am 165 cm (5'5" ) tall.

2. Age.
If someone is outside my age dating range, I would not even try to pursue a relationship with them, no matter my feelings. My age dating range changes as I age, but right now, at 18, it is 16-19.

In addition, if a guy is younger than me, that instantly makes me much less likely to date him.

3. Weight.
I do not expect anyone to have a perfect weight, but obesity is an instant turn-off.

4. Hygiene.
If someone wants to get a date, their hygiene better be on par with that.

5. Disabilities and severe mental problems.
I know I will get flamed for this, but I would like it very much if I did not have to become a carer for my partner and if I did not have to play therapist whenever said partner wanted or needed it.

6. Genetic defects.
If I happened to have children with someone, I would like them to be healthy, so I would not risk it by choosing a partner with a specific, severe birth/genetic defect.

7. Sleeping with too many people.
I do not care if the person I am dating is a virgin or not as long as he is not a grade A* manw****.

8. Appearance.
Ugliness and an unkempt appearance never attract much positive attention, sadly.

9. Fanaticism.
Any type of religious or non-religious fanaticism (e.g. Satanist who sacrifices animals to Satan, religious Christian who believes everyone but Christians will go to hell, atheist who thinks being an atheist makes them superior and more intelligent than others and who refuses to accept others' beliefs, and so forth) is a no-no.

10. Criminal record.
You went to jail for rape/dealing drugs/anything else, even if it was ten years ago? Crossed off the dating list.

11. Drug use.
I do not work to fulfil a junkie's drug use. I do not trust drug users; if I had a partner, I would not be able to tolerate having to handle everything financially while he goes out to do drugs, nor would I be able to handle that from an emotional standpoint.

12. Money and career.
If both the date and I were 18-year-olds who worked part-time at a fast food restaurant, that would be perfectly fine. If I was 24 and working for the government while the other person was 27 working as a barista at Starbucks, you bet I would go look for other people.

13. Sexist/racist/nazist/communist/white supremacist/feminazi.
No. Just no.

14. Beliefs and thinking straight out of the nineteenth century.
Must I explain?

15. Lusting after anime characters and pillows.
As much as I love anime, I think that is extremely creepy and hints to mental problems and sexual fantasies I do not want to deal with. :afraid:

16. Body and facial hair.
I like my men with little or no body hair at all! :ahee: Whenever I see a hairy man, I puke a little in my mouth. :puke: (Of course, if you like your body and facial hair, that is cool with me; it is but a personal turn-off of mine. :cute: )

17. Too many previous marriages.
Say we are 28 and the man has already divorced thrice? How about we do not make this his fourth marriage and divorce?

18. Race/Skin colour.
I like white and East Asian men. If a man is not white or East Asian (or if they do not have pale skin in general), their chances of getting with me instantly drop significantly.

19. Education.
I would prefer it if my date had the same level of education as me or, if I get a postgraduate degree, at least went to university. Of course, some exceptions could be made, but only under specific circumstances.

20. Lack of responsibility and maturity.
If I enter a relationship, I expect both the other person and I to be responsible and mature enough for it. If I perceive someone not to fit this criterion, I do not consider them to be a potential lover.

Reading this, I feel like I am a very shallow person. :sad: :ashamed: :cry:
(edited 7 years ago)
Chews loudly.
Someone who dislike movies or hates horror movies...........we can't netflix and chill otherwise :wink:
Wouldn't date someone who doesn't like dogs.
Original post by Michiyo
1. Height.
If a guy is shorter than 175 cm (5'9":wink: tall, chances are I may not even consider him as I am 165 cm (5'5":wink: tall.

2. Age.
If someone is outside my age dating range, I would not even try to pursue a relationship with them, no matter my feelings. My age dating range changes as I age, but right now, at 18, it is 16-19.

In addition, if a guy is younger than me, that instantly makes me much less likely to date him.

3. Weight.
I do not expect anyone to have a perfect weight, but obesity is an instant turn-off.

4. Hygiene.

I know I will get flamed for this, but I would like it very much if I did not have to become a carer for my partner and if I did not have to play therapist whenever said partner wanted or needed it.

6. Genetic defects.
If I happened to have children with someone, I would like them to be healthy, so I would not risk it by choosing a partner with a specific birth/genetic defect.

I do not care if the person I am dating is a virgin or not as long as he is not a grade A* manw****.

8. Appearance.
Ugliness and an unkempt appearance never attract much positive attention, sadly.

9. Fanaticism.
Any type of religious or non-religious fanaticism (e.g. Satanist who sacrifices animals to Satan, religious Christian who believes everyone but Christians will go to hell, atheist who thinks being an atheist makes them superior and more intelligent than others and who refuses to accept others' beliefs, and so forth) is a no-no.

10. Criminal record.
You went to jail for rape/dealing drugs/anything else, even if it was ten years ago? Crossed off the dating list.

11. Drug use.
I do not work to fulfil a junkie's drug use. I do not trust drug users; if I had a partner, I would not be able to tolerate having to handle everything financially while he goes out to do drugs, nor would I be able to handle that from an emotional standpoint.

12. Money and career.
If both the date and I were 18-year-olds who worked part-time at a fast food restaurant, that would be perfectly fine. If I was 24 and working for the government while the other person was 27 working as a barista at Starbucks, you bet I would go look for other people.

No. Just no.

Must I explain?

As much as I love anime, I think that is extremely creepy and hints to mental problems and sexual fantasies I do not want to deal with. :afraid:

I like my men with little or no body hair at all! :ahee: Whenever I see a hairy man, I puke a little in my mouth. :puke: (Of course, if you like your body and facial hair, that is cool with me; it is but a personal turn-off of mine. :cute: )

Say we are 28 and the man has already divorced thrice? How about we do not make this his fourth marriage and divorce?

18. Race.
I like white and East Asian men. If a man is not white or East Asian, their chances of getting with me instantly drop significantly.

19. Education.
I would prefer it if my date had the same level of education as me or, if I get a postgraduate degree, at least went to university. Of course, some exceptions could be made, but only under specific circumstances.

If I enter a relationship, I expect both the other person and I to be responsible and mature enough for it. If I perceive someone not to fit this criteria, I do not consider them to be a potential lover.

This is actually brilliant, I have taken the liberty of filling it out like some kind of application form.

1. I am 5'4 so instantly ruled out :frown:
2. I am 20.
3. If anything i'm a little skinny, but physically very fit.
4. Great hygiene.
5. None really.
6. I agree with this
7. I have only been with one girl (in a previous relationship)
8. I dress great.
9. Cannot stand them, i'm a centrist with a strong interest in the way other people think about things, I have more interest in learning from others than babbling about myself.
10. Nah none of this.
11. No drugs or smoking.
12. I work as an admin and help tutor adults with basic skills, I want to join the civil service.
13. Well my ex was Polish, the best friend i've ever had was Jamaican and my long friend from school is gay so yeah.
14. I prefer the fifteenth century anyway.
15. This is so creepy i've never heard of this.
16. I hate hair tbh, I have short hair or just long enough to part.
17. I cannot see myself married for a while.
18. I am white British :smile:
19. I went to University but quit, I love learning about everything, botany, animals, philosophy, history, law, you name it.
20. I am responsible, I know no one will hold me to account except myself, and that I need to do this as much as possible. I hate playing games.
Original post by Michiyo
1. Height.
If a guy is shorter than 175 cm (5'9" ) tall, chances are I may not even consider him as I am 165 cm (5'5" ) tall.

2. Age.

3. Weight.

4. Hygiene.

6. Genetic defects.
If I happened to have children with someone, I would like them to be healthy, so I would not risk it by choosing a partner with a specific, severe birth/genetic defect.

8. Appearance.

9. Fanaticism.

10. Criminal record.

11. Drug use.

12. Money and career.

No. Just no.

Must I explain?

18. Race/Skin colour.
I like white and East Asian men. If a man is not white or East Asian (or if they do not have pale skin in general), their chances of getting with me instantly drop significantly.

19. Education.

If I enter a relationship, I expect both the other person and I to be responsible and mature enough for it. If I perceive someone not to fit this criterion, I do not consider them to be a potential lover.

lol I fail like 8/20
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
lol I fail like 8/20

It's okay, you'll find someone who doesn't mind people with severe mental retardation.

Ok that was savage nothing personal :0
Double strike: if she wears a choker and uses the dog filter on Snapchat
Original post by Collombia
Double strike: if she wears a choker and uses the dog filter on Snapchat

Not going to lie I find chokers hot.
Original post by JasonDu
It's okay, you'll find someone who doesn't mind people with severe mental retardation.

Ok that was savage nothing personal :0

har har har

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending