The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

At the same time
Original post by Anonymous
and what is the precise definition of a slut? How many people exactly do you need to sleep with to qualify as one??

"a woman who has many casual sexual partners"
Don't worry I think 11 is enough
That's a lot of guys you sleep with! Do you have sex with them as well? If yes then honestly you are making your body do too much work! And as an honest person I will tell you that I have never slept with any girls because....you know...shyness!
Original post by The_Herbivore
"a woman who has many casual sexual partners"
Don't worry I think 11 is enough

It really has nothing to do with gender. If someone sleeps with over 11 people, when they aren't even an adult yet, they are a slut, by definition. Its quite simple

??? it has nothing to do with gender yet your "definition" only takes women into consideration...
Reply 144
Original post by KateinBarry
Just answering the question honestly. I don't expect anyone can tell who I am just by posting, so don't care what people think.

That's great, but you can hardly say that it's not anyone else's business once making it so.
I'm all for adults to sleep with as many people as they want, I just don't think we should be encouraging children to do so.

Well, I'm 17 and I don't necessarily encourage it either. Let's just say if a girl were like that at my age in my school they would be known as the school sl*t. Scottish schools don't take this subject lightly.:laugh::laugh:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 146
If you had a pound for every guy you slept with, you would have £17. If you put it this way, then 17 is not very much.
Whereas if you had £10000000 for every guy you would have £170000000, holy s**t
people are just BSing you.

as soon as they hear about the 18 year old in my sixth form who has nearly slept with the whole of year 13 (more than 100 guys), they start saying it's a "teensy bit much".
11 guys by 17 - that is a fair amount but we should not be judging you. In fact no one should be judging you. This will start happening though if you are telling people your count. As another poster wrote you'll be heading off to uni next year (I hope) and you can reinvent yourself. True. But that doesn't mean you have to stop and worry about who your attracted to etc. but I would encourage you not to share, even with your friends, the number of guys you've been with. I am not saying that because you've been w/ 'too many' and it is wrong but because it is not their business and you can't control what they do with that information - case in point here. It seems like you told your friend who told your ex etc. etc. Just keep that type of information private. But....do use protection every. single. time. and it wouldn't hurt to do an anonymous STD testing on occasion just to be safe and stay healthy. Are you kind, do you treat people well, are you moving forward in a positive direction in your life.... education/career? If yes, you're going to be fine just don't share too much information.

Good Luck!
Original post by retro_turtles
11 guys at 17....some people don't even have that in their entire life

i'm 18 and the most physical contact I've had with a boy is when I was forced to hold hands with the boy who played Joseph in the Year 2 nativity play xD
I'm 17 and I've slept with 11 guys, some of them have been my exes and some just friends or one time things. my first time was at 15 and I've never thought that body count matters, but a few days ago one of my exes texted me because he found out that I was friends with his current girlfriend and he was so angry at this. Anyway he called me a wh*re and a f*ck and chuck and said how convenient for him it was that I'm such a h*e... honestly I laughed it off at first but that night and every night since all I've been doing is thinking about what he said and crying myself to sleep at night. I just need the honest truth? is it too many guys

Don't let anyone else's opinion of your sexual proclivities, which seem to be motivated by their own emotions, influence your decisions. Do what makes you happy; ultimately it comes down to whether you value sexual relations or social acceptance more highly.

As a male, I don't have to deal with people thinking I'm a slut or whore due to society's warped misogynistic morality in that particular area.

There's no such thing as a correct number for everyone, but only correct numbers for individuals.
Original post by 27FT
i'm 18 and the most physical contact I've had with a boy is when I was forced to hold hands with the boy who played Joseph in the Year 2 nativity play xD

Oh you naughty girl
Reply 152
I think that sleeping with a lot of people you don't care much about gets confusing and leads to angst - male or female. Although I've not personally yet had the opportunity to test it this extreme. But, your body, your life, do what you want and don't worry about judgemental friends.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by retro_turtles
Oh you naughty girl

:wink: that's just with guys (kidding, I think playing the aptly named Virgin Mary may or may have not doomed me for life)
I'm 17 and I've slept with 11 guys, some of them have been my exes and some just friends or one time things. my first time was at 15 and I've never thought that body count matters, but a few days ago one of my exes texted me because he found out that I was friends with his current girlfriend and he was so angry at this. Anyway he called me a wh*re and a f*ck and chuck and said how convenient for him it was that I'm such a h*e... honestly I laughed it off at first but that night and every night since all I've been doing is thinking about what he said and crying myself to sleep at night. I just need the honest truth? is it too many guys

As a virgin myself I would consider it quite a high number but as other people have said your body is your business and whilst I wouldn't recommend promiscuity as long as you're being safe about it and you're confident you can handle any emotional/ psychological/ social repercussions that may arise it's nobodies business to tell you what you can and can't do with your body. It doesn't make you worth any less of a person either despite what some hypocritical guy says
It's a large amount, but there's no real rational reason to set a limit how much you should or shouldn't have. Like... too many for what exactly? Does it become actually detrimental to you at any point? Not really.
Reply 156
Congratulations you have officially won the S.L-U.T award (that's pronounced Slut). There's no other way to put it, you love the D and you live for the D. Embrace your innerself instead of letting the guys do it for you
It is your body, therefore, so long as you enjoy it/want it, it is totally ok. There is a chance he isn't over you and is threatened by the fact you can get other guys and it's just hit him hard hearing it. His opinion isn't your concern anymore, so tbh just be proud that you can get that many guys into bed.
You remind me of golf on wii sports easy mode.

Yes. But it doesn't really matter as long as you don't catch STDs. It's your body mate. Do whatever.

Latest

Trending

Trending