The Student Room Group

Im a muslim girl but

Scroll to see replies

Do what you want with your life (at least from 18). What you wear is your business, as is what you believe (unless you try to tell other people what to do).
Reply 21
Original post by aishaaa101
I feel the same way but I think there is no point in dressing more modest if it just for the sake of pleasing your parents, by doing that you wont get any good deeds

If you don't want to do something but still do it, just to make your parents happy, then you will get a lot of reward for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Just try to, thats all. Modestly doesn't mean put a cloth on your head.
Theres SO many girls that wear the hijab but have boyfriends and wear "tight clothing"

what you're doing is good. You pray, you fast and stay away from alcohol/drink but you CAN'T and DON'T do this for your parents. Your parents are not god. God is God. You have to do it for him and to better yourself
This is only between you and Allah but I first would like to say, mashallah. There are some girls who wear Niqabs and don't even pray 5 times a day so be proud of yourself for that. However, tight clothing is just like makeup, it's going to attract men. It's something you're choosing to do and so it is haram. You don't HAVE to wear an abaya or a long skirt but loose trousers and loose top would be good. I personally would never wear tight clothing outside because I just feel uncomfortable but at home, you can wear whatever the hell you want!! Anyway. Good luck in your choice or whatever ! Lol
whether u wear it or not make sure u keep praying
Reply 25
love the two responses above me btw ^

prayer is the MOST important. Its what makes you muslim and you do along with other core values.
Modesty is fardh in Islam. Don't listen to idiots who say you're doomed or you're not a muslim if you don't wear the hijab
just take your time but have an honest relationship with god :smile: its better to do what you do sincerely for GOD (pray, fast,stay away from pork.alcohol) then wear a hijab, lose long skirts, have relationships with boys and hardly pray
Reply 26
But it wont be sincere and she wont do it wholeheartedly, and neither will she be doing it for God, it will just be to get her parents off her back and to stop the feelings of guilt

At the end of the day you're still doing a good deed, as covering up is a command from Allah.
You even get reward if you intended to carry out a good deed, but didn't actually do it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by whatfuture
Hmm makes sense. I do have *some* modest clothing I like, but abaya is like too extreme for me (even though my parents would love that), i only wear it to like my grandparents' house. I should probably go shopping for at least relatively modest things? that way i'm not 100% disappointing

lol same I tried wearing abaya for a few weeks I didn't really like it plus I kept tripping over lmao

I don't do drugs or alcohol either but I find it hard to not wear fitted clothing despite being a hijabi. I think it's just expressing yourself tbh and I like aesthetics etc.

I think although allah doesn't like it, well, everyone sins. I know people that dress "modestly" and have given random guys BJ's etc like how you dress doesn't show imaan. People seem to think I'm less innocent just because of the way I dress when in fact on multiple occassions I've found it to be the other way around.

I still cover myself and have decided to save myself for my husband despite that second part being extremely difficult. What I lack in "modest clothing" I feel I make up for in will power. As long as your close to Allah and realise you're doing something "wrong", it's okay, everyone sins.
Original post by karl pilkington
Hi is the reason deep down because you want to attract men? Are you a virgin? Do you get tempted?

A large part of dressing in such a way is to appear appealing to men... It's a slippery slope, first it's tight clothing, then it's tops that show cleavage, then miniskirts then who knows what next...

We're human of course we have temptations.
Original post by whatfuture
I feel like I can stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc. but I can never wear modest clothing? I know what the quran etc says but like I just idc. I pray, fast, give charity etc. but I just CAN'T stay away from like tight clothes? I don't think a girl should be required to cover up bc it it is natural for people to look etc... my parents & I have v conflicting opinions about this, so I usually change clothes when I leave the house :\
opinions?
no hate :smile:

Do what you feel is right, at the end of the day your an adult and if you feel that you want to wear tight clothes etc do it :smile:
You shouldn't need to cover up. If you like wearing tight clothing then do so. I can think of few things more tragic than making yourself miserable for the sake of an ideology and going against your own feelings.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wearing modest clothing is still Islamically important. I would in your situation at least try to get some nice, fashionable yet modest clothes/abayahs etc
It's good you do the other things like fast and prayer. Don't let them go.
Original post by AishaGirl
A large part of dressing in such a way is to appear appealing to men... It's a slippery slope, first it's tight clothing, then it's tops that show cleavage, then miniskirts then who knows what next...

That was originally addressed to the OP but I think they deleted it now anyway.
Original post by AishaGirl

there's no point of attracting men when we're not allowed to do things with them in islam lmao

you can just look nice to look nice as well

I'm not saying women don't dress for (the good looking) men out there, but when you know you can't do anything with men it's really not like that lol .
Original post by GregJames91
Do what you feel is right, at the end of the day your an adult and if you feel that you want to wear tight clothes etc do it :smile:

Thanks for your response :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
lol same I tried wearing abaya for a few weeks I didn't really like it plus I kept tripping over lmao

I don't do drugs or alcohol either but I find it hard to not wear fitted clothing despite being a hijabi. I think it's just expressing yourself tbh and I like aesthetics etc.

I think although allah doesn't like it, well, everyone sins. I know people that dress "modestly" and have given random guys BJ's etc like how you dress doesn't show imaan. People seem to think I'm less innocent just because of the way I dress when in fact on multiple occassions I've found it to be the other way around.

I still cover myself and have decided to save myself for my husband despite that second part being extremely difficult. What I lack in "modest clothing" I feel I make up for in will power. As long as your close to Allah and realise you're doing something "wrong", it's okay, everyone sins.

Omg!!!!!! This is exactly what I mean & so trueeeee! Like I'm gonna save myself for marriage too and stuff lol so i don't see why clothing is such a huge deal if i'm not doing anything! damn finally someone gets it smh
Original post by HAnwar
Lol I had a cousin like you who used to wear what you wear, and thought hijab was too extreme, but MashaAllah she now wears abaya and hijab better than me.
Yeah you should. Have a look at websites like inayah and khaadi (if you're Asian) they have nice stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully i'll dress better when im older lol
Original post by RogerOxon
Do what you want with your life (at least from 18). What you wear is your business, as is what you believe (unless you try to tell other people what to do).

truuu. real talk
I feel the same way but I think there is no point in dressing more modest if it just for the sake of pleasing your parents, by doing that you wont get any good deeds and neither will you be happy about/like what you're wearing. Maybe try to meet your parents half way for now as it will cause more tension between you and your parents for now and in the future if you decide to dress more modest you can try that out too or you can continue wearing what you like as you would have moved out by then and your parents wont be able to control what you wear. But whatever you decide should be to please God and not your parents because that is a lose lose really, and also you dont have to be on either end of the spectrum, maybe wear clothes that are somewhere in the middle. I know exactly what you mean as I enjoy wearing tight clothes too but feel guilty afterwards - more of the sin rather than not listening to my parents tbh

Yeahhhhh exactly you're right. I dont wanna be doing this for my parents rather than god :\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending