The Student Room Group

Undercover Atheists

So I've been an undercover atheist for a year now because my parents are strict and conservative Muslims. If I told them I didn't believe in their "God", I will indefinitely have my head slaughtered off. So I'm 16, and living with them as an undercover atheist. And recently, I've told my 9 year old abut Islam and what really is going on because she's mature. And if Muhammed thought Aysha was mature enough to marry at 6, then why not tell my sister what happened to her right? She listened to me, we watched those horrible Islamic cartoons and I read the Qur'an to her and she's decided to not be a Muslim anymore, which is very relieving. Now, how do I guide my little sister from henceforth?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No, you wouldn't have your head "slaughtered off". Stop being so immature. You would in Saudi Arabia but I'm sure you don't live there. I found it so hilarious that ex Muslims after they leave Islam are just so negatively obsessed with it. Let your sister decide on her own, for gods sake. Some of you ex Muslims make accounts and change your usernames to "ex Muslim". Some of you guys are pathetic, seriously.
Reply 2
Original post by emerald7770
No, you wouldn't have your head "slaughtered off". Stop being so immature. You would in Saudi Arabia but I'm sure you don't live there. I found it so hilarious that ex Muslims after they leave Islam are just so negatively obsessed with it. Let your sister decide on her own, for gods sake. Some of you ex Muslims make accounts and change your usernames to "ex Muslim". Some of you guys are pathetic, seriously.

Lol. Do you know my parents? No. Don't make assumptions like that just because you figured I live in a Western country. Not all people who live Western countries follow their rules. And yes it was completely my little sister's choice, unlike being brainwashed by the age of three to be in a religion that makes her think she's a constant sinner. You know how long it took me to tell her she was not a sinner? 3 months. Muslims apologists like you, I presume you are as you are defending it, are disgusting to let little kids feel like that. Shame on you mate.
Original post by Psychedeliyaa
Lol. Do you know my parents? No. Don't make assumptions like that just because you figured I live in a Western country. Not all people who live Western countries follow their rules. And yes it was completely my little sister's choice, unlike being brainwashed by the age of three to be in a religion that makes her think she's a constant sinner. You know how long it took me to tell her she was not a sinner? 3 months. Muslims apologists like you, I presume you are as you are defending it, are disgusting to let little kids feel like that. Shame on you mate.

If your parents were to kill you then it's your parents problem. You're stupid for blaming the whole religion for something your parents would do. What stupid reasons for leaving Islam.
Thats ok
U do what u wanna do man
Only u know whats best for u
Anyone can choose what religion they wanna follow and whether they wanna be an atheist
People will force u and brainwash u , but dont let that happen to u
If your parents were to kill you then it's your parents problem. You're stupid for blaming the whole religion for something your parents would do. What stupid reasons for leaving Islam.

If you deny that honour killings still happen amongst the muslim community in the UK you are either ignorant or being misleading. Tragically it still happens, even in western countries.
Reply 6

What my parents would most likely do, is completely based on the religion mate. I blame the WHOLE ENTIRE religion.
From what you say, I've gathered you've never fully read and understood the Qur'an in you entire life have you? Why don't you read it fully, understand it fully and memorise it and the make that statement again mate. Even a 9 year old has more sense.
She's certain that they will kill her? Lol
She's certain that they will kill her? Lol

The Qu'ran does say to kill apostates to the faith, with all due respect to the OP. Now, I hope that their fear is misplaced for her sake, but the fact remains that this is what the Qu'ran teaches and it's an unfortunate reality for some ex-muslims
What my parents would most likely do, is completely based on the religion mate. I blame the WHOLE ENTIRE religion.
From what you say, I've gathered you've never fully read and understood the Qur'an in you entire life have you? Why don't you read it fully, understand it fully and memorise it and the make that statement again mate. Even a 9 year old has more sense.

Lol. If you blame the whole religion then you're just idiotic. I have the read the Quran and I think you might be reading some demonic crap because the holy Quran I know, isn't filled with hatred. Did you research why Muhammad (saw) married a little girl? I was shocked at first but did my own research
It does not say that. You're reading it from a dodgy website
It does not say that. You're reading it from a dodgy website

Don't need to read it from a website when I have a paper copy of the book in front of me :smile:
And where did you get the translation??
Reply 13
Lol. If you blame the whole religion then you're just idiotic. I have the read the Quran and I think you might be reading some demonic crap because the holy Quran I know, isn't filled with hatred. Did you research why Muhammad (saw) married a little girl? I was shocked at first but did my own research

It isn't filled with hatred? What do you think is killing of adulterers/Jews/homosexuals/fake transsexuals/ idolaters/ apostates, what do you call that, peace? What of women being able to be abused or child marriages accepted? Yes Muhammed married Aysha because she was "mature" and he had a dream that "God instructed" him to. Unlike you, I read the Qur'an properly. What of slaves being able to freely be raped and Muhammed's racism, have you never heard the pohrase " black Ethiopian raisin head"? Where on earth are you getting your Qurans from? Talking of Earth, according to the Qur'an the Earth is flat land on the back of a giant whale. Wake up mate.

Does it matter? The Qu'ran is the infallable, divine word of Allah regardless of language, isn't it? I bought it from a mosque

The reason that his parents would take such extreme action is because of the underlying authoritarian attitude in the Qur'an and Islam overall. Stop trying to trivialize the issue ffs.
Reply 16

I am from Egypt mate, I don't need a translation.
It isn't filled with hatred? What do you think is killing of adulterers/Jews/homosexuals/fake transsexuals/ idolaters/ apostates, what do you call that, peace? What of women being able to be abused or child marriages accepted? Yes Muhammed married Aysha because she was "mature" and he had a dream that "God instructed" him to. Unlike you, I read the Qur'an properly. What of slaves being able to freely be raped and Muhammed's racism, have you never heard the pohrase " black Ethiopian raisin head"? Where on earth are you getting your Qurans from? Talking of Earth, according to the Qur'an the Earth is flat land on the back of a giant whale. Wake up mate.

People did the killings but Islam does not encourage that. Where does it say that women should be abused? Women are praised a lot in the Quran, don't know what you're on about love
Yes it does matter
I am from Egypt mate, I don't need a translation.

Clearly I wasn't talking to you but okay..

Quick Reply

Latest