The Student Room Group

Radiotherapy 2017

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody has had interviews yet for radiotherapy or if they'd had offers back. Doesn't seem to be much on the radiotherapy forums!

Scroll to see replies

Ive had an offer from Sheffield Hallam and got interviews at BCU, Hertfordshire and UWE. When did you apply?
Reply 2
congrats on sheffield hallam! i only applied a couple of weeks ago so not expecting to hear for a few wks at least. Is sheffield your first choice? It's definitely mine so fingers crossed :biggrin:
Yeah Sheffield's my first choice, they were the first to get back to after a few weeks I think it was too so hopefully you'll hear something soon! The interview was really relaxed and straight forward as well :smile:
Reply 4
that's great you got your first choice. I'm glad you said that about the interview, i'm worried i'll get asked (if i get an interview) about some complex scenario in hospital and what I should do to resolve it. Hopefully i'll see you in september :smile:
I didn't get asked any scenario questions it was mainly about teamwork tbh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 6
thank you, good luck to you too with your grades :smile:
Nic
Reply 7
Hey, I applied for Radiotherapy December time. Cardiff uni got back to me a week after i sent my UCAS of, had the interview in January and this week got offered a place. Sheffield Hallam got back to me 2 weeks after sending my UCAS and I've got an interview. I didn't apply for any where else ! Good luck let me know how it goes?
Reply 8
Hiya,

Congrats on your offer too, and good luck with your sheffield interview! Still waiting to hear back on mine, will keep you posted, let me know if you get an offer!

Nic
Just thought I'd chip in and say good luck for interviews and congrats to those holding offers! I qualified in 2015 so if any one has any questions just give me a shout :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Bubble87
Just thought I'd chip in and say good luck for interviews and congrats to those holding offers! I qualified in 2015 so if any one has any questions just give me a shout :smile:

Hiya, thanks for the hi and the offer :smile:
I actually had an interview at sheffield hallam today so hopefully find out one way or another in the next few wks! If you don't mind i'll probably pick your brain at some point soon!

Cheers
Reply 11
Original post by Tiakate
Hey, I applied for Radiotherapy December time. Cardiff uni got back to me a week after i sent my UCAS of, had the interview in January and this week got offered a place. Sheffield Hallam got back to me 2 weeks after sending my UCAS and I've got an interview. I didn't apply for any where else ! Good luck let me know how it goes?

Hiya,

Just to etl you know I had my interview at Sheffield Hallam today, was yours today too? If so, how did it go? Think mine went ok but they didn't really say. Least they'll let us know in a couple of wks gd luck :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by niclewis10
Hiya,

Just to etl you know I had my interview at Sheffield Hallam today, was yours today too? If so, how did it go? Think mine went ok but they didn't really say. Least they'll let us know in a couple of wks gd luck :smile:

Mine was also today!!! I was one of the first in and it went really well. They kinda told me my offer so I was well happy, I may have seen u?! I was the girl who came out telling everyone what to kinda of expect to the people who were waiting ! Let me know what offer u get !! Is first choice?
Reply 13
oh really? congrats, well done! :biggrin:
What time were you in? I had a funny day really I was due at 1pm but had to checkout my hotel at 10.30 so was going to wait a couple of hrs in the RW building. However, when i got there they were like don't worry and i got bumped up the interview queue and was finished by 12! I only saw about 4 people in total, i thought there'd be more people there. It went pretty well, I had Curtis, Jess and Laura who were lovely :smile: She told me that she could only speak for her but that she doesn't think rejection applied to me (when explaining types of offer) but doesn't mean anything until official. I was the only mature student there but everyone was lovely!

Yes first choice! absolutely buzzing if i get an offer though. Where did you put for your placement choices?
Reply 14
I was 9 am slot, here were loads of people probably 20. It was a really laid back interview and really fun, I didn't go in the tour again as I went to the open day. They told me they are defiantly looking at this offer for me and circled it which I was really happy about, but this could change ? Not sure....

It my first choice to but I'm debating Cardiff or SHU as wales is free!!

1st choice- Derby
2nd- Sheffield
Only because I wanna commute ! Hby?
Reply 15
free is always good when a poor student! I put Newcastle as my first choice as it's nearest me and I know a few people at the hospital already. I put Sheffield second then spoke to Jo who basically said it's a waste of time so just put hull second. Didn't know what to put tbh! Na if they circled an offer for you they won't retract it that would be well harsh!!
Hopefully this week we'll get a response, i'm really looking forward to starting now :smile:

let me know how you go?
Reply 16
Sheffield near me, but my parents are pressuring me which is very stressful to go to Cardiff uni, as I know deep in my heart Sheffield is the place for me!!
I'm really hoping for a response this week so I can finally put my mind at ease!!

I put Sheffield a small my second as I know I will get Derby, as that is not a popular choice!! Hull is a lovely place, but I'm sure you will get Newcastle!

I will definelty know how it goes! Soon as I get my response I will let you know !!!!

I'm so ready to start too 🙃
Reply 17
Thought I should tell you I got my offer today at Sheffield!!
Reply 18
Original post by Tiakate
Thought I should tell you I got my offer today at Sheffield!!

congrats, me too! I'm definitely going to Sheff Hallam, hope you don't get too stressed about your decision :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by catherinebeck
I didn't get asked any scenario questions it was mainly about teamwork tbh, I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!! :biggrin:

Hiya, just thought i'd let you know that I got into Sheffield Hallam too so hopefully will be seeing you in September, will be nice to know someone on day 1! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest