The Student Room Group

I'm 24 and I earn £50k a year AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by karl pilkington
What university did you go to where do you work what hours do you work and are there a lot of hot women there?

Asking the important questions, I see :toofunny:
Original post by Sharif92
You can earn that much at other jobs as well, like accounting, corporate law, certain roles in technology and engineering. You just have to find them. Focus on a role you would enjoy and the money will come.

I went to a Russell Group university.
I work roughly 8 to 5/6.

Haha no problem! You're very much needed to be fair

Personally, I'm not big on spending money so for me I feel that it gives me the life I'm currently very happy with. It's enough for me to be independent, afford a place to live and good healthy food to eat, as well as a treat every now and then and allows me to save for the future.

congrats on becoming financially independent :smile:
You can earn that much at other jobs as well, like accounting, corporate law, certain roles in technology and engineering. You just have to find them. Focus on a role you would enjoy and the money will come.

I went to a Russell Group university.
I work roughly 8 to 5/6.

Haha no problem! You're very much needed to be fair

Personally, I'm not big on spending money so for me I feel that it gives me the life I'm currently very happy with. It's enough for me to be independent, afford a place to live and good healthy food to eat, as well as a treat every now and then and allows me to save for the future.

Genuinely appreciate the kind words :smile:

Original post by trapking
you took the dark route and went into banking?

Nonono banking audit/Financial Instruments advisory going to be in the office all weekend- again
Reply 23
I used to use this site back when I was doing A Levels and applying for uni and for graduate schemes and it helped me a LOT! Now I want to inspire and let you guys know that if you work hard and prepare in advance you can get that life you want.

I graduated with a degree in Accounting and Finance from a Russell Group uni and now I'm working in a product control role at a major investment bank. I love my job and find it interesting and stimulating. I wake up every day and I know that there will be new challenges to overcome, new problems to solve and great people to work with. I want to help you and inspire you to achieve your dreams, whatever that might be.

Did you forget your password to your old account.
Reply 24
Original post by habeas.corpus
How many hours do you work typically per day? And the worst part about your job?

I work 8 to 5, sometimes 8 to 6. The worst part about my job is probably the commute involved. Believe me, the tube during rush hour is not a pleasant experience! As well as this, I guess you could say the hours I work during busy periods can get tiring.
Original post by Naveed-7
Congratulations on your achievements.
I'm 22 years old and things didn't go well in University.
I am now actively looking for an apprenticeship.
Would you recommend an apprenticeship in Customer Service or Business Administration?
I prefer Customer Service because Business Administration is a good area but it is not a physical job, as it is being stuck in an office all day. Do you think I can get far in life if I do an apprenticeship in Customer Service or would you recommend Business Administration? Your opinion please?
Your help is appreciated.

I'm not an expert on either of those careers but business administration would probably look better on your cv as experience. I'm sorry but I'm not qualified to answer your question.

you took the dark route and went into banking?

I don't feel that it's a dark route lol
Original post by karl pilkington
do you work in london

Yes

Are they hot women in banking? You know the professional looking HR/tech hotties
Reply 26
Yeah

Make sure the moderators don't find out. If they catch you, you'll get banned for having a dupe account
Original post by RedManc
Make sure the moderators don't find out. If they catch you, you'll get banned for having a dupe account

well done for giving it away. smfh
Reply 28
Are they hot women in banking? You know the professional looking HR/tech hotties

I'd prefer not to discuss the physical attractiveness of my coworkers! Plus, I'm in a long term relationship.
Reply 29
well done for giving it away. smfh

In English please
I'd prefer not to discuss the physical attractiveness of my coworkers! Plus, I'm in a long term relationship.

why are you frightened of just admitting there are attractive women at work? Are you really male? Wtf
Hi,
What are your future plans? Would you prefer to work in front office (IB, trading)? Do you feel underpaid for the work you do?
Reply 32
Hi what's your current salary? Is it any different to your current wages?
Reply 33
Original post by serions871
Hi,
What are your future plans? Would you prefer to work in front office (IB, trading)? Do you feel underpaid for the work you do?

My future plans are to hopefully be promoted to a managing director position opin the firm which will give me more responsibility. I also want to have a family of my own one day.

I prefer working in the role I'm currently in. I'm not interested in any of the front office roles. IBD does not interest me whatsoever and the hours are awful. Trading is far too risky and too aggressive. Sales- well, I'm not a great talker and it doesn't fit my personality. I'd hate to work in those roles, the pay is great I'm sure but it's not something I'd enjoy.

I don't feel that I'm underpaid. I think I'm compensated well for the work I do.
Reply 34
Original post by zayn008
Hi what's your current salary? Is it any different to your current wages?

I don't earn a wage, I earn a salary of £50000 a year before tax. I don't understand your question?
Reply 35
I don't earn a wage, I earn a salary of £50000 a year before tax. I don't understand your question?

Sorry could you repeat that? I'm confused
Reply 36
Original post by zayn008
Sorry could you repeat that? I'm confused

I didn't understand your initial question.
Reply 37
Original post by Reality Check
Do you think lime or lemon is better in a gin and tonic?

I know you're not asking me but it's gotta be a lemon! 100% lemon.
Reply 38
I didn't understand your initial question.

Haha me neither, what a coincidence 😂
Reply 39
how did you get the job in the first place

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending