UCL Information Management for Business

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I still haven't
Original post by Kyla Lam
I still haven't

I still haven't recieved an offer and I applied in November
Predicted grades:
Business Extended Diploma - D* D* D* (Distinction*)
Media Studies - A
What are your predicted?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 22
great results! IB 36 overall 17HL
Thanks you too I might give them a call because the wait is just too long now
Reply 24
No offers as of yet, Im am a mature student applying for Managment Science. I am doing an access course and I am getting distinctions in business, finance and law. I dont have mega GCSE's what so ever but I have been in managerial roles. It will be interesting to see what predicted grades other kids have with regards to getting offers.
I called UCL and they said the latest we'll here from them is 31st March
Reply 26
What grades do you have? I want to weigh up my odds of an offer.
Original post by Dog_egg
What grades do you have? I want to weigh up my odds of an offer.

As of now in Business I have two distinction* and I got a B in Media Studies for AS predicted an A this year
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone received an offer yet? i sent my application back in December and still have not received anything.
Original post by RandomStudent890
Has anyone received an offer yet? i sent my application back in December and still have not received anything.

I have also applied in December. I have emailed them and they told me that all decisions are given before the 31st of March. I am starting to get slightly furious. I don't know why they are so incompetent with giving offers. Now I will probably have issues with arranging accomidation for my university.
What do People thing of this degree?Information Management for Business @ UCL.Career prospects, feedback of exams/revision/coursework?Thanks!Regards,Mo!
it is management, basic computing, statistics and option modules.
Reply 32
Original post by Princepieman
Man Sci >>>>>>>>> IMB. IMB is actually a bit of a joke tbh. I feel people only apply for it because it's a nice and easy way to get the UCL brand on their CVs..

In those three years, if you worked hard and found the right opportunities you'd probably be in a vastly stronger position than most Econ grads. Especially the ones who were convinced that the UCL Econ name alone would mean anything by itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omgg, I read positives about IMB in UCL but what you've said has caused me to debate which offer to firm again.
What would you say about the employability of IMB in UCL? Is it possible to switch from IMB to Management science in our first year then?
Reply 33
Original post by Kyla Lam
great results! IB 36 overall 17HL

Did you get an offer from UCL IMB with a PG of 36 or is that the conditional offer?
Original post by fame123
Omgg, I read positives about IMB in UCL but what you've said has caused me to debate which offer to firm again.
What would you say about the employability of IMB in UCL? Is it possible to switch from IMB to Management science in our first year then?

As I said, the employability comes with the UCL branding. I have a few friends on the course atm and they're managing alright with internship applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As I said, the employability comes with the UCL branding. I have a few friends on the course atm and they're managing alright with internship applications.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. I thought it would be a bit of a doss degree when my friend applied to it but now he's got a JPM Spring week so...
This degree is better than 80% of degrees out there. actually teaches you some tangible skills, lol

Information systems >>> other stuff
I am currently an IMB first year and it is a good course that teaches some great skills and already has great job opportunities
Reply 38

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! How much does it cost approximately studying in UCL + living expenses for you?
Original post by fame123
Thanks! How much does it cost approximately studying in UCL + living expenses for you?

For my friends (I don't go to UCL):

Accommodation for them is between £110-230 (bear in mind the bulk of accom is £170-220 ish) a week, the lower end being shared rooms and the higher end being en-suites and the like. You can check out the accom prices online.

For food, entertainment, life etc, I think they average £100-140 a week. Some weeks more since they do eat out a lot. You could maybe get away with spending less.

Travel isn't too bad if you stick to just zone 1-2, have an oyster card and have a railcard discount on said oyster card.

Books and that can be found in the library or from the people in the year above selling it to you. Though I would still budget for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending