The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Interview tips for University

Hi everyone, I'm new to this and need your help!!!

Earlier today, I was invited to an interview at the London South Bank University :smile: (yayy) and now I want some tips on how to impress them and get them to accept me on the Children's Nursing course.

Any tips??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lil_candie

Earlier today, I was invited to an interview at the London South Bank University :smile: (yayy) and now I want some tips on how to impress them and get them to accept me on the Children's Nursing course.

Any tips??

Hi Lil_candie, First of all Congrats on passing your literacy and numeracy tests and being offered an interview, I haven't applied for Children's Nursing, I have applied for Adult Nursing.

I am unable to give you any info but all i can tell you, is relax be confident and do your research about what children's nursing is all about, you have probably already done this but more research goes a long way.

Also - Think about the things that children's nurses encounter on a daily basis in the clinical environment. You will be nursing children but interacting with both the child and the parents as well as other healthcare professionals. Your job will be to nurse children and keep them safe from harm so safeguarding is key here. Also look at what's going on in the media in hospitals and the community surrounding children. Life experience plays a big part also. There's also forums specifically for childrens nursing, maybe you can have a look at this.

I have already had my interview at south bank and it was deffo my best interview to date! of course we all have nerves but i didn't let that stopped me, I know what i want so i went in with a positive mind and put patients at the heart of everything i do.

You may have heard about the new interview process that many universities are now adopting. (MMI) multiple mini interview, there are 5/6 different stations a bit like speed dating. Each table will have either an academic or health professional, they can either ask scenario based questions or simple questions such as why have you chosen this course and so on once you start answering the question you will have a couple of mins to answer then the bell will ring then you move to the next station, i will urge you to check out other forums to facilitate your preparation strategy.

Have you applied to any other interviews yet if so where and how's the process going so far?
London
Reply 2
I'm still waiting to hear back from Greenwich University, I also did a numeracy and literacy test for them.
Reply 3
Thank you so much for the advice!!
It's ok good luck with Greenwich
Reply 5

Any tips??

Hi candie
How did you get on? I have my interview next month and I'm so nervous! X
Reply 6
Original post by Dannie0
Hi candie
How did you get on? I have my interview next month and I'm so nervous! X

My interview was fine. When I started, I was nervous but as the interview went on I was okay. The key thing is to remain as you go to the different stations.
Good luck with your interview
Reply 7
My interview was fine. When I started, I was nervous but as the interview went on I was okay. The key thing is to remain as you go to the different stations.
Good luck with your interview

Did they ask mostly senario based questions or any direct questions?
Thank you!
Reply 8
They ask scenario based questions and your answer should last up to 4 minutes.
Reply 9
They ask scenario based questions and your answer should last up to 4 minutes.

What did you do to prepare? Im so nervous!
Reply 10
Original post by Dannie0
What did you do to prepare? Im so nervous!

The thing is I didn't prepare for scenarios, I just prepared for the questions they might ask. And at the end, there is a written question
@Dannie0 Good luck honey you can do this!!!
@Lil_candie How did your interview go, have they got back to you yet?
@Lil_candie Heard from Greenwich yet?
Reply 14
Original post by nelfran29
@Lil_candie How did your interview go, have they got back to you yet?

I haven't heard from them yet, maybe next week or the week after.
Reply 15
@Lil_candie Heard from Greenwich yet?

I didn't get in :frown:
I didn't get in :frown:

Sorry to hear honey, you know the saying when one university rejects you another will accept you, also when you fail tests try not to feel bad because the university hasn't seen the best of you yet. Fingers crossed for south bank tho, Have you got other tests or interviews coming up?
I haven't heard from them yet, maybe next week or the week after.

They normally tell you the timescales after interview, something like 2 weeks or so.
Reply 18
They normally tell you the timescales after interview, something like 2 weeks or so.

They said two weeks but they also said that I could hear from them in a week.
They said two weeks but they also said that I could hear from them in a week.

How long has it been now what campus did you apply for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending