The Student Room Group

HMRC Reserve List, 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jackie0122
what account I applied through manpower

Oh! I applied through the civil service website
Original post by rebecca_:)
Well his might of actually been Friday, I just know he went down and they just told him to keep checking his emails. Yes it's so strange that they haven't like updated anything on the portal!
You'll probably be in the same starting date batch! I shall let you know when he passes them &a good luck :smile:

I literally keep checking my emails every minute, so impatient ha!
Yeah, we most likely will be in the same starting date batch! Thank you, lovely :smile: I'd appreciate that a lot!
Hi, I applied at Preston in September had my interview in November and like everyone else got the reserve email in December. Then again in December gotta shift preferences email which was supposed to be replied to by the ninth JAN. I replied and hadn't heard anything back until yet, so I emailed and didn't get a reponse and on 9 th Feb I emailed again and got told there's not definitive start date yet. I was like :/ didn't even tel meif I got the shift I asked for or anything!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Humayrats
Hi, I applied at Preston in September had my interview in November and like everyone else got the reserve email in December. Then again in December gotta shift preferences email which was supposed to be replied to by the ninth JAN. I replied and hadn't heard anything back until yet, so I emailed and didn't get a reponse and on 9 th Feb I emailed again and got told there's not definitive start date yet. I was like :/ didn't even tel meif I got the shift I asked for or anything!

Hi! It's crazy how long it all takes, isn't it?! It's the not knowing that's annoying! I emailed them yesterday to ask if there was any update on pre-employment checks, and they said that my pack had been sent to the recruitment team and they would update me via email/my online account, but didnt say when that would be!
It's so annoying having to wait around 😔
I head its takes up to 6 months
Original post by Sebastian_Morris
I head its takes up to 6 months

Oh I hope not! That's so long 😔
That's nothing I know someone that works for HMRC he applied end of Dec 2015 and got the job start of Jan 2017 it all depends how many people they need mind me I'm on reserve list to been on since Dec
Me pre employment checks for AO grade took two weeks.

It's only these latest O/HO grade Caseworker campaigns that are taking an age because it's such a national recruitment.
What location did you apply, yes I applied for AO too I'm on reserve list
I applied for EO caseworker Sept 15, still awaiting my start date almost 18 months later in the mean time I applied for AO grade in Liverpool, passed interview passed checks and almost done 12 months in the job.
I applied for EO caseworker Sept 15, still awaiting my start date almost 18 months later in the mean time I applied for AO grade in Liverpool, passed interview passed checks and almost done 12 months in the job.

So you waiting for the EO Position, I've applied for the EO position to but in DWP
(edited 7 years ago)

So are you currently working in Liverpool? 😊 Are you enjoying it? Do you know what the pre-employment checks consist of? Do they get your references etc then?
Yeah I'm just waiting for the EO position. Good luck for the DWP...

I'm enjoying the job; have to go the gym slightly more because it's a desk job and I enjoy being active. But that's most things in life I guess :P

Pre employment checks consists of them sending away for a DBS check, you could always call DBS to see if an application has been started. That's what I done when I got desperate! Ha! And then they just look into the HMRC PAYE system to see your job history matches what you said on the application process. Oh, and you fill in a health form and character declaration form.
Is it a standard or enhanced dbs check how long does the check take to come back once it's started?
Do they do your reference checks after dbs?
What order are the checks done in are these the only checks?
Original post by jaz-elizabeth
Oh I hope not! That's so long 😔

Any news yet?
Any news yet?

Nope! :frown: I've emailed them today to see if there's any update, so fingers crossed they get back to me soon!
Hey, I have also been out on the reserve list for a position in the tax office located in Liverpool and heard about two available shifts at the end of January and to state my preference. Haven't heard anything back so assume I'm not high up enough on the list. Just really hope I get to hear something soon. Anyone have any idea how often they usually take people on from the reserve list? Cheers
Reply 37
Also been waiting since November. Stressful how long the process takes! :colonhash:
Hi all. I was wondering if anyone else is in my situation. I've applied in September 2016 through Manpower , but I wasn't in the top scoring applicants in my location ( Croydon ); therefore my application was placed on hold. I received a couple of emails in the mean time, when last week I got an email saying that I will be invited to the interview in April; also that they will be sending shortly some guidance... That was the last email and I'm still waiting...
Is anyone else in my situation ?
And there is one more thing I really wanna ask you guys... I'm from Romania, so therefore I do not know what chances do I really have ... I mean do you know anybody from Romania that works for HMRC ? I've been here for 7 years and not planning to ever leave , but I think this job however is way too much for me ( not because I'm not smart enough or anything like that , but because of the hate against immigrants and the brexit situation).

Should I hope or should I really be realistic...
Depends on the role some take EU and British. Others just taken British,but it should say on advert for job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending