The Student Room Group

how to start revising ??

it's now February and i still haven't started with revision. I need help!!
Me neither, don't stress. If you start too early you'll get burned out and forget information. I'm going to start making a timetable though, so I don't start really late.
Reply 2
Seriously allot if people will start later then you at GCSE (including myself) so there is no need to stree right now. But ofcourse if you are worried then just start
Make a list of the the topics you need to cover. Decide how many topics you want to cover per day, maybe increase this at the weekend. Work out how long you need to cover all the topics, and work backwards from the start of your exams to figure out when to start, give yourself a week as contingency! Don't forget to include past papers is your list :smile:
Original post by Dusky Mauve
Make a list of the the topics you need to cover. Decide how many topics you want to cover per day, maybe increase this at the weekend. Work out how long you need to cover all the topics, and work backwards from the start of your exams to figure out when to start, give yourself a week as contingency! Don't forget to include past papers is your list :smile:

-- Thank you veryy much this is really helpful and i have already started making a list of the topics. honestly i am really grateful :smile:
Original post by DeepInTheMeadow
Me neither, don't stress. If you start too early you'll get burned out and forget information. I'm going to start making a timetable though, so I don't start really late.

-- i've tried making a timetable but i never follow it, but when u make yours could you give me some tips ??
Original post by Rexar
Seriously allot if people will start later then you at GCSE (including myself) so there is no need to stree right now. But ofcourse if you are worried then just start

-- I guess i'm really scared but i don't want to rush it an cram everything in, i just want to set up a pattern cause if i do it any later i will be too panicked.
Original post by Hatato Queen
-- i've tried making a timetable but i never follow it, but when u make yours could you give me some tips ??

Basically I'm gonna start revising each subject 10 weeks before the exam. Gonna make a list of ways I can revise every subject and put that seperate.
Then I'll split each subject into topics and divide them by the weeks, so for every week I'll have a list of stuff to do, then I'll split it between days after school based on how much time I'll have. From when I have 6 weeks left I'll go hardcore revising- I get home at 5 most.days but I'll try and pack in
several hours of work and with stuff like Spanish I'm starting even earlier just to give myself spare time.
The key is not to plan too much in and have plenty of time.off, plus plan in 2 hours of margin per week in case you havent done the work and if you have, then you can chill.

Quick Reply

Latest