The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sameehaiqbal
It is haram to touch the opposite sex who is non mehram in any way whether that be holding or shaking hands or a hug.

However I do it anyway (shake hands, the friendly hug) because its inevitable in things like job interviews. It would be rude if I didnt shake their hand.

Whenever it is avoidable though, you should try to.

Allah knows your intentions and He knows best.

Please give a meaning to the word "Mehram" محرم, as most of the people don't speak Arabic here. You could say that it is forbidden to have a physical greeting gestures with someone who is not your wife, husband, brother or relative in blood.
I am sorry but many people might be misguided by the word Mehram :smile:
Original post by Cherub012
Dont you do a bit more than that?

Dont you ever stop judging people?
Original post by Mr. Petrol Head
Please give a meaning to the word "Mehram" محرم, as most of the people don't speak Arabic here. You could say that it is forbidden to have a physical greeting gestures with someone who is not your wife, husband, brother or relative in blood.
I am sorry but many people might be misguided by the word Mehram :smile:

Yes of course thats what I meant :smile:
Dont you ever stop judging people?

I didn't judge you.

EDIT: But if I did, please explain how?
(edited 7 years ago)
I work with a lot of Muslim men (German teacher working with mostly Syrian refugees) and am always surprised at how cuddly the guys are with each other, much more so than we usually see in western Europe. Clearly no-one's told them it's haram.
Original post by YoloBaggins00
There's not much too it. It seems complicated, but it's actually quite simple.

Cool. It must be Nice practicing it on a daily basis.
Original post by ScarlettDangerfield
I work with a lot of Muslim men (German teacher working with mostly Syrian refugees) and am always surprised at how cuddly the guys are with each other, much more so than we usually see in western Europe. Clearly no-one's told them it's haram.

Only opposite genders are not allowed because the curse of islam makes you incapable of not having sexual urges when interacting with the opposite gender apparently, absolute nonesense.
Reply 27
It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you're fine with hugging males then go for it. If anyone thinks it's sexual and will lead to you fornicating then that's their problem.
Original post by HAnwar
It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh. That hadith gives me good memories. Girls used to say hello to me and I would blank them.

Yesterday I came out of the gym and it was snowing heavily. Next to me was a girl. I had a massive umberalla and she was looking at it ! I was about to offer to share, until I saw a few muslims I knew. Not gonna lie I felt kinda bad for here.
Reply 30
Lol excuse me?

Oh, sorry let me make it clear. You're a stupid hypocrite.
Original post by Lordlen
Oh, sorry let me make it clear. You're a stupid hypocrite.

How am I a hypocrite? Lol, sit down, you know nothing about me.
Reply 32
How am I a hypocrite? Lol, sit down, you know nothing about me.

No, im not going to sit down fool. You act like some sort of sexually free and proud woman and enforce and condone such intolerable views at the same time.
Original post by Lordlen
No, im not going to sit down fool. You act like some sort of sexually free and proud woman and enforce and condone such intolerable views at the same time.

I'm not condoning anything. I'm just answering the OP's question.
Reply 34
According to Islam, it is haram to hug the opposite gender as it can provoke desire. You may not have feelings for them but there is no guarantee it won't develop with time or the males won't develop feelings for you.

Also, men are told to lower their gaze so this is going a bit too far, if they are Muslims. Insha'Allah, you will try to stay away from such acts, because we should know as Muslims that Allah SWT knows us better and so it's for our own benefit.
Reply 35
I'm not condoning anything. I'm just answering the OP's question.

So you agree that Islam is deeply misogynistic? Good.
Original post by Lordlen
So you agree that Islam is deeply misogynistic? Good.

Now you're just putting words in my mouth :smile:
Reply 37
Now you're just putting words in my mouth :smile:

Well you haven't disagreed with it and Islam clearly goes against your own personal loose morals.
Man, that's so sad that people are forbidden to give friendly hugs. I practically live off hugs.
Original post by Lordlen
Well you haven't disagreed with it and Islam clearly goes against your own personal loose morals.

What even makes you think I'm Muslim? You're just sitting there assuming everything about me, quite embarrassing to be honest.

Latest

Trending

Trending