The Student Room Group

Do you like romantic guys?

I don't mean like very cheesy but like... if he sends you a message at night telling you he thinks of you and can't sleep or if he buys u flowers without a special reason just because he wants to let u know that he loves u (that is cheesy I admit but not overly so).

Things like that.

Or if you don't like it, tell me what you do like. Maybe you don't like romantic gestures at all, that's ok. I wanna know how you feel.
Reply 1
I like guys who send soppy messages and things like that :h: not keen on flowers though, I'd prefer he bought me a takeaway :teehee:
I like the flowers. I guess it depends on how he sends those messages at night. :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Spock's Socks
I like guys who send soppy messages and things like that :h: not keen on flowers though, I'd prefer he bought me a takeaway :teehee:

Well I like red roses and it's more something for her to remember me when we're not together than something she could use. But I understand what u mean :tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Roxy1331
I like the flowers. I guess it depends on how he sends those messages at night. :tongue:

Not every night obviously, I try to restrain myself. I'll let her know once in a while if I think of her. Nothing too aggressive, just a text telling her that.
Please tell me the cheesy romantic types of guys still exist... :colondollar:
Personally, I would definitely love to receive flowers or messages or anything cute. I think it's sad that some people think that this is really old fashioned and too traditional- maybe that's partly why it's so lovely.
Don't mind the messages too much as long as it isn't every night and tbh I'd rather he got me nutella/pizza over flowers.
not keen on the flowers although i would think it would be really cute if the guy got me flowers. and yeah i love love love romantic guys. I just hope they still exist loool
Reply 8
no its cringe as ****
I'm a hopeless romantic apparently lel.
if they come off as a supreme gentleman then its cringey af
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Don't mind the messages too much as long as it isn't every night and tbh I'd rather he got me nutella/pizza over flowers.

Nutella is 57% sugar. Sucks I know.
Original post by Spock's Socks
not keen on flowers though, I'd prefer he bought me a takeaway :teehee:

YES. Last year, on Valentine's Day, my boyfriend ordered me a pizza and got them to draw a heart on the box. Best. Gift. Ever. :love:
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
Nutella is 57% sugar. Sucks I know.

So do certain milkshakes you dream wrecker :colonhash:
I HATE soppy **** like them saying they can't live without me and stuff like that, but I also hate it when they play it cool and try and show that they don't care. Just be normal. Don't act like you want to eat them like a KFC, just makes sure she knows you care about her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
So do certain milkshakes you dream wrecker :colonhash:

And Cadbury's mini eggs are 65% sugar. My world also turned upside down when I found out.
Occasionally, just to remind me that he still actually likes me and hasn't got tired of me but not on a daily basis. That **** would tire me the **** out because I'd feel pressured to do the same and I'm lazy as f. I'd want him to always be comfortable and real with me.
I don't think buying flowers randomly is cheesy. I love it. My boyfriend has bought me 40 red roses once and cooked me up a candle lit dinner....I definitely like romance. Not overly or too much but now and again when it feels natural and not forced it is great! Hate guys who act super hard.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending