The Student Room Group

should i leave him?

i'm 19, my boyfriend is 18. he's in his second year of A Levels and I start university next month. I'm not moving away to university, i'm just commuting.
It seems like the time my boyfriend has is decreasing and decreasing, which is having a negative effect on our relationship. I've been quite depressed lately and i think a part of it has to be because of my boyfriend constantly being so worn out that there's no affection and i don't really get any of his attention. I've been wanting to make the most of the time we've got before I start university, because I know I'm not gonna have time to just do whatever I want, but he works on a wednesday night and he's just gotten a new job thursday nights, saturdays and sundays. the thursday shift is 6-finish. he finished at twelve on thursday just gone. today and tomorrow he'll be working from 12-8 or finish. It's like he has no time for me and it's making me feel slightly neglected, and don't get me wrong, i love him to bits and i'm proud that he's doing so well but come september when he's planning to move away for university, i'm not gonna see him at all. i'm just tired of feeling like i'm not being emotionally fulfilled and i know that it sounds selfish, but it's really getting to me. Most of the time, he acts like i'm just an annoyance anyway. I don't know if to break up with him so that it doesn't get to the point where we can't stand each other or just try and be content? when i'm not with him and i'm able to text him, i just get one word replies which just makes me feel like an inconvenience. he gets annoyed when i'm down aswell. I think i'm sort of annoyed aswell because I didn't do this to him when i was doing my a levels so i don't understand.
Original post by Anonymous
i'm 19, my boyfriend is 18. he's in his second year of A Levels and I start university next month. I'm not moving away to university, i'm just commuting.
It seems like the time my boyfriend has is decreasing and decreasing, which is having a negative effect on our relationship. I've been quite depressed lately and i think a part of it has to be because of my boyfriend constantly being so worn out that there's no affection and i don't really get any of his attention. I've been wanting to make the most of the time we've got before I start university, because I know I'm not gonna have time to just do whatever I want, but he works on a wednesday night and he's just gotten a new job thursday nights, saturdays and sundays. the thursday shift is 6-finish. he finished at twelve on thursday just gone. today and tomorrow he'll be working from 12-8 or finish. It's like he has no time for me and it's making me feel slightly neglected, and don't get me wrong, i love him to bits and i'm proud that he's doing so well but come september when he's planning to move away for university, i'm not gonna see him at all. i'm just tired of feeling like i'm not being emotionally fulfilled and i know that it sounds selfish, but it's really getting to me. Most of the time, he acts like i'm just an annoyance anyway. I don't know if to break up with him so that it doesn't get to the point where we can't stand each other or just try and be content? when i'm not with him and i'm able to text him, i just get one word replies which just makes me feel like an inconvenience. he gets annoyed when i'm down aswell. I think i'm sort of annoyed aswell because I didn't do this to him when i was doing my a levels so i don't understand.

It honestly sounds like you aren't happy in the relationship and rightly so with the way he's acting towards you. You could try communicating with him and telling him how you feel when he does x y z and how you'd like to feel less neglected... or just leave t and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending