The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Women already outnumber men in higher education. There are women-only scholarships literally everywhere , and they complain when a men-only one eventually comes along? Freaking hypocrites.
Check out the response to the Yianopolous privilege grant. Much the same sort of reaction. 'Intersectional' femminism doesnt cover men as a sect unfortunatly, since we're it's scapegoat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Actually, on further reading, it turns out it's not technically male-only, but simply gives preference to males. Still, the feminist outrage is immensely hypocritical (especially when they actually have plenty of women-only scholarships).

The veterinary sciences are heavily dominated by women. There is the exact same rationale behind this as there would be behind many women's scholarships, but here the feminists cry sexism.

Now, I still don't like the idea of people being offered money for school by virtue of their race or gender, but one can still be amazed by these people's double standards.
Original post by joecphillips

They don't seem to like it when it is not them getting free things.

Men enjoy a free 20% higher pay than women for doing the same job.

I hate this website sometimes...
Reply 5
Original post by Shadow Hunters

No they don't

No, they don't.

Men earn more on average before taking into account things like different jobs and hours worked. When these factors are taken into account, there is little to no pay disparity to speak of. It is illegal to pay men and women differently for the same job.
Breaking news: feminism is incredibly hypocritical and logically inconsistent.

Who would have known?!
Original post by Mathemagicien
I think this is only accounting for age? IIRC, women in their 20s earn slightly more than men when controlling for hours worked and the type of job, but women in their 40s and above earn much less.

Women take more time off work as they get older, especially after having kids. Men's salaries tend to do the opposite (go up) after starting families to compensate.

I don't know why women in their 20s earn more, however, or if it's for the same work.
Reply 9

Lol. No they don't.
Original post by joecphillips
No they don't

Original post by Dandaman1
No, they don't.

Men earn more on average before taking into account things like different jobs and hours worked. When these factors are taken into account, there is little to no pay disparity to speak of. It is illegal to pay men and women differently for the same job.

Technically 18% now but that's still pretty rubbish.

And yes, many women work part time but many don't. And they also don't get promoted much either if they are part time I believe. Miss out on many opportunities.

Less than half of CEO's are women, likely it's much less. Considering how many women do graduate from university, it is wrong that there are barely any in leading roles.

Yes it's illegal to discriminate based on gender but it's practised often. Companies get away with it because most companies don't publish pay, most people don't talk about pay and so, many don't know they're being paid less. But they are.

And yes, many women work part time but many don't. And they also don't get promoted much either if they are part time I believe. Miss out on many opportunities.

Less than half of CEO's are women, likely it's much less. Considering how many women do graduate from university, it is wrong that there are barely any in leading roles.

Yes it's illegal to discriminate based on gender but it's practised often. Companies get away with it because most companies don't publish pay, most people don't talk about pay and so, many don't know they're being paid less. But they are.

Bullcrap.
Cry more.
Reply 12
Sigh - feminism is for equality right? So males get male-only scholarships, let's see do we have female-only scholarships :hmmmm: wait... https://www.scholarships.com/financial-aid/college-scholarships/scholarships-by-type/scholarships-for-women/ there's a never-ending list of them :eek:

well then what the **** are they complaining about :colonhash: jheeze if anything they should be like "YEAH WE NEED MORE OF THAT!"
Reply 13

Well surely if you know that companies are breaking the law you have a duty to sue them for the benefit of women in this country.

Is it possible that you are just using the many times discredited pay gap that does not compare 1 job but people across many and ignores women work less, take more holidays and go into lower paying professions among other things?

Let's assume women do get paid less why don't companies who only care about money not hire more of them and less men? There is 2 possible answers it doesn't exist or men are more productive what one do you think it is?

Have you considered that this is simply due to women's choices? You may be interested to know that female business owners still work fewer hours and take home less pay than male business owners.

Women working part-time are actually paid more than men working part-time, on average.

Anyhow, women have babies, take more time off work, and fewer have gone into business than men until very recently. Hence less women CEOs.

Pay disparities are actually rather easy to spot in audits. You're essentially claiming that thousands of employers up and down the country are somehow getting away with an enormous conspiracy, with their HR employees (who are mostly women) all either somehow unaware of it or sworn to silence. The tax man hasn't even noticed - or is he in on it too?
Original post by AeliusSejanus
Bullcrap.
Cry more.

Ah yes, of course a lad on TSR knows better than the examination authorities who added these statistics into their course structures.
I mean obviously you know better than the professionals who conducted these studies and the SQA as well as other examination authorities. Would recommend you contact them to tell them the truth, sure they'll listen.

In other words, it's pretty much accepted by everyone there is a gender pay gap.
This emphasises the need for men to stand up to this sexist, highly damaging ideology. This ideology's been actively working against men for almost 100 years now. People have only recently started to pay attention to what it is doing....Just imagine the damage that it has done to men over the past century to our total ignorance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 17
Ah yes, of course a lad on TSR knows better than the examination authorities who added these statistics into their course structures.
I mean obviously you know better than the professionals who conducted these studies and the SQA as well as other examination authorities. Would recommend you contact them to tell them the truth, sure they'll listen.

In other words, it's pretty much accepted by everyone there is a gender pay gap.

So you are taking a social justice degree says it all did you ever think that maybe if you didn't take a toilet paper degree then you could help reduce the pay gap

There is a difference in average earnings. That does not prove discrimination.
Original post by Chief Wiggum
There is a difference in average earnings. That does not prove discrimination.

True

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending