The Student Room Group

Can I write an essay adopting both a feminist and realist (realism) perspective?

I am writing an essay on war, how it affects women concluding with what can be done to help them more - so I am adopting a feminist and realist perspective. Is it possible to adopt both?
Original post by 882188x
I am writing an essay on war, how it affects women concluding with what can be done to help them more - so I am adopting a feminist and realist perspective. Is it possible to adopt both?

It's definitely possible but it depends on how you spin your argument to skew each perspective in different parts of your essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wolfmoon88
It's definitely possible but it depends on how you spin your argument to skew each perspective in different parts of your essay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess when talking about the impact of war on women, I'll write through the feminist perspective and when talking about the failure of world leaders, the realist perspective. But I've had a mind**** - is it possible to criticise world leaders and organisations if I've got a realist approach? because realism sees world leaders doing no wrong?
Original post by 882188x
I guess when talking about the impact of war on women, I'll write through the feminist perspective and when talking about the failure of world leaders, the realist perspective. But I've had a mind**** - is it possible to criticise world leaders and organisations if I've got a realist approach? because realism sees world leaders doing no wrong?

Again it depends on how you paint the argument. If you describe it as a compare and contrast and makes sure that the reader understands that you are looking at war from two different approaches, I don't see why not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending