The Student Room Group

Curry or no curry ( Help for part of my project )

I think that curry is the best meal for a student to cook! Its cheep, minimal washing up, tastes sensational and you have the ability to cook a lot and then freeze the rest for other meals throughout the week . So why don't more people cook it? If you are not cooking it what are you cooking?
For part of my my project I have been told that I have to record a conversation about my subject area ,which I will be basing my work around, and I thought this would be a great way to do it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
I don't like spicy food
Reply 2
Original post by MrKenyon
I think that curry is the best meal for a student to cook! Its cheep, minimal washing up, tastes sensational and you have the ability to cook a lot and then freeze the rest for other meals throughout the week . So why don't more people cook it? If you are not cooking it what are you cooking?
For part of my my project I have been told that I have to record a conversation about my subject area ,which I will be basing my work around, and I thought this would be a great way to do it.

Hi Mike,

Personally, I think that the health hazards surrounding re-heated rice can be a bit offputting for meals the next day and further on. For me, the best meal is Spaghetti Bolognese by far!! You can make a whole batch and reheat the whole meal with ease over the next few days and it still tastes just as good!!! Furthermore, you can freeze it (Like curries I might add :smile:) and you could even have it with bread if you can't be bothered to cook spaghetti! Although Bolognese takes a bit longer than a curry, I think that the extra time is worth it for the taste. When it's simmering I tend to find that I try to cram that last bit of homework in so the meal tastes even better when it's ready!!! On the other hand, I think most students just don't have the time to cook a nice meal. Shame really :frown:

Jake
Reply 3
Curry is great speshially with rice Yum Yum.
Reply 4
Every student knows any pasta meal is the best meal to make as a student
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
Every student knows any pasta meal is the best meal to make as a student

Aye pasta is very popular, especially that of the pesto variety, but can only really cook it on the night. Reheating it is not the best idea for health and safety reasons and is doesn't taste very good at all.
Reply 6
Curry is better than Pasta IMO
Reply 7
Original post by Kazerlux
Hi Mike,

Personally, I think that the health hazards surrounding re-heated rice can be a bit offputting for meals the next day and further on. For me, the best meal is Spaghetti Bolognese by far!! You can make a whole batch and reheat the whole meal with ease over the next few days and it still tastes just as good!!! Furthermore, you can freeze it (Like curries I might add :smile:) and you could even have it with bread if you can't be bothered to cook spaghetti! Although Bolognese takes a bit longer than a curry, I think that the extra time is worth it for the taste. When it's simmering I tend to find that I try to cram that last bit of homework in so the meal tastes even better when it's ready!!! On the other hand, I think most students just don't have the time to cook a nice meal. Shame really :frown:

Jake

Hello Jake,

I can see what you mean but have to disagree with you on that. You can't really do much with spaghetti bolognese, I mean there is practically no room for variation. Whereas with curry there is so many to choose from, all made with the same basic ingredients. You can't really go wrong.

Mike
Reply 8
Original post by Kazerlux
Hi Mike,

Jake

Hi Jake,
I have to say that I disagree, I think curry is the perfect student meal, mainly because it tastes great and takes very little effort :smile:. I also find that after a long day of work, it's always nice to come home and have a curry. Whilst I have nothing against Spaghetti Bolognese, I just prefer a curry.
Andrew
Reply 9
Original post by MrKenyon
Hello Jake,

I can see what you mean but have to disagree with you on that. You can't really do much with spaghetti bolognese, I mean there is practically no room for variation. Whereas with curry there is so many to choose from, all made with the same basic ingredients. You can't really go wrong.

Mike

Dear Mike,

To be honest I think that you're a bit deluded. There are absolutely acres of room for variation with a Spaghetti Bolognese. Firstly, there are the different variations of Spaghetti (In both terms of varieties and wheat type), types of meat and there are multiple different ingredients that can be added to spice it up (even literally!). The more culinary diverse of us sometimes add vegetables, curry powder, chillies, or even vegie Bolognese. Sometimes if I've already had Bolognese 4 or 5 times that week I like to mix it up a bit and go Mexican, with a chilli con carne inspired Bolognese. If I'm feeling even wilder I like to make Bolognese tacos!

Curries are just the inferior and pleb version of the clearly more sophisticated Bolognese. It even beats the curry in terms of which has the superior bread accompaniment; you'd have to be mad to say that a naan beats garlic bread.

Regards,
Jake,
and my fellow Italian cuisine overlords
Reply 10
Original post by Sada567
Hi Jake,
I have to say that I disagree, I think curry is the perfect student meal, mainly because it tastes great and takes very little effort :smile:. I also find that after a long day of work, it's always nice to come home and have a curry. Whilst I have nothing against Spaghetti Bolognese, I just prefer a curry.
Andrew

Hi drew,

Please see my other thread posts :smile:

Regards,
Jake

P.S. Beef > Goat

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending