The Student Room Group

What age did you lose your virginity?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mr Luva lova
Wait what....People encounter spirits when they are performing intercourse?

That's news to me.:mute:

Some people don't see the most valuable components about sex, it's meant to amplify emotional intimacy and it is an act of worship.
Original post by EC
This is insane.

Sex plays a big role in marriage and sexual chemistry is something that can really only be ascertained by having sex.

Then why is the divorce rate for arranged marriages only 6%? Most of these marriages are in cultures which promote chastity before sex. There is a long-lasting tradition of developing love this way.
15 :smile:
Original post by MachinesCradle
Then why is the divorce rate for arranged marriages only 6%? Most of these marriages are in cultures which promote chastity before sex. There is a long-lasting tradition of developing love this way.

Because you'd be stoned to death in those cultures for having a divorce lol.

Or disowned by your family
Literally don't worry about this.

By the time you're about 18/19 it's not even a thing any more, it's like when you're about 12/13 and everyone thinks it's really cool to drink alcohol without your parents, and then you get to like 15 and realise how cringey that was.
Losing virginity is the 15/16 year old version of that.

So at least you've got like 2 years to put up with people talking about losing their virginity (some of them'll be faking too btw) and then literally nobody will care whether you lost it at 13 or at 19 and talking about it will feel like listening to justin timberlake.

For the record, I was 16. My friends were 13, 15, 16, 16, 17, 18 and 18.
Not yet and I'm still 17. There's nothing wrong in waiting.
16 a few weeks before my 17th.
Original post by EC
Some people don't see the most valuable components about sex, it's meant to amplify emotional intimacy and it is an act of worship.

Oh right, I thought you meant interacting with the spirits of the dead like a seance.:dong:
Still haven't and I'm 21...
I'm a guy.
It will happen in its own time.

I often think it would be easier to live a life of celibacy, if not for the fact that I think having a child is very important, and I want to have several.

It is disheartening that so many people seem not to care about, that is - sense the gravity of, losing their virginity at such young ages. I guess it goes along with vacuous, rootless modern culture.
Reply 29
Oh right, I thought you meant interacting with the spirits of the dead like a seance.:dong:

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh no!!
Reply 30

They don't have much of a choice, do they?
Original post by EC
:lol::lol::lol:

Oh no!!

Anyway sex isn't deep to me. I am in and out then I go back to my day as usual.
Reply 32
Anyway, sex isn't that deep to me, I am in and out then I go about my day as usual.

I get that, it depends on the person you're having sex with and on many other factors as well, also on your mentality overall.
Original post by ChickenMadness
Because you'd be stoned to death in those cultures for having a divorce lol.

Or disowned by your family

Original post by EC
They don't have much of a choice, do they?

You're both denigrating hundreds of years of success with arranged marriages in developed countries like India, China and Japan based on outliers like Yemen. If you speak to Indians now I guarantee many of them will be happy with the arranged marriages. Not to mention too much freedom of choice is a bad thing.
Reply 35
21 and still have not lost it yet :smile:
What do you count "losing your virginity" as? Full on intercourse? In that case, 15.

If you mean various forms of heavy petting and, er, other things... it was 13. I went to an all-boys boarding school.
Reply 37
You're both denigrating hundreds of years of success with arranged marriages in developed countries like India, China and Japan based on outliers like Yemen. If you speak to Indians now I guarantee many of them will be happy with the arranged marriages. Not to mention too much freedom of choice is a bad thing.

Would you like not being able to choose who you're going to have sex with? You wouldn't be given the opportunity to decide your future.

If you lived in India, you would be dehumanized, you'd only meet the requirements of the marriage, not even matter as a person. Most of those girls are minors too. And you were talking about morality..
You're both denigrating hundreds of years of success with arranged marriages in developed countries like India

You're seriously going to offer up India as a model of success in its social and gender relations? Seriously? The nation of regressive castes, witchdoctors arranging marriages based on astrology, women throwing themselves onto their husband's funeral pyre etc. That country is one we should look up to?

Not to mention too much freedom of choice is a bad thing.

No, it's really not. You've just been brainwashed by peer pressure and regressive cultural mindsets to believe this.
Original post by AlexanderHam
You're seriously going to offer up India as a model of success in its social and gender relations? Seriously? The nation of regressive castes, witchdoctors arranging marriages based on astrology, women throwing themselves onto their husband's funeral pyre etc. That country is one we should look up to?

No, it's really not. You've just been brainwashed by peer pressure and regressive cultural mindsets to believe this.

You have been brainwashed by rural reports of Indian caste system where regressive views are paramount. In intellectual middle-class circles free from the sabotages of liberalism and feminism there is less distraction during the development phase. The student works hard at school so they can get a good job and then a good arranged marriage partner. Indians take pride in their social status which is why there are so many engineers, doctors and lawyers. The will to succeed in this way is very admirable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending