The Student Room Group

How difficult is it to become a barrister?

I know you have to get into the BPTC. How difficult is this to get into? Is it highly competitive? Thanks!
It is hard to start off with, but if you're working at it a lot and you put the time in then you should be fine
Reply 2
Original post by SeanFlynn123
It is hard to start off with, but if you're working at it a lot and you put the time in then you should be fine

Is it a competitive course? Thanks :smile:
The BPTC is not at all difficult to get onto. If you were anywhere near the point at which you might not be accepted onto the BPTC, you would be best advised not to do the BPTC, because you would be extremely unlikely to get pupillage.

Have a look at this link (and the rest of the website, actually): http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/the-bar/a-career-at-the-bar/a-preliminary-warning
Reply 4
Original post by TimmonaPortella
The BPTC is not at all difficult to get onto. If you were anywhere near the point at which you might not be accepted onto the BPTC, you would be best advised not to do the BPTC, because you would be extremely unlikely to get pupillage.

Have a look at this link (and the rest of the website, actually): http://www.chambersstudent.co.uk/the-bar/a-career-at-the-bar/a-preliminary-warning

OK thank you so much! Are you doing the course at the moment?
Original post by robyn2000
OK thank you so much! Are you doing the course at the moment?

No problem :smile:

Yes, I am
Reply 6
Original post by TimmonaPortella
No problem :smile:

Yes, I am

And I'm assuming you are trying to get a pupillage? Is this competitive? Sorry I am really new to this! Thanks so much for all your help!
Original post by robyn2000
And I'm assuming you are trying to get a pupillage? Is this competitive? Sorry I am really new to this! Thanks so much for all your help!

It's a very competitive process, yes.

I'd be better able to advise you if I had a rough sense of the stage you're at and what your CV looks like. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to identify yourself publicly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending